Choose an opponent to a duel!

El_Capitan

And reviews show sli 460 crap on 580s and 5970s too.. Yet they don't even come close here in the duels.. What's that say??? Haahahah my CPU doesn't oc anymore as well but post ur scores so we can see what urs can do with a better cpu

Maybe I spoke too soon! Pushing the 5970 for Forum Wars, the fan went out, or actually is going to go out. It has an unbelievably loud high pitched noise coming from such a small fan ;) I had to throw the GTX 460's back in and see what they were feeling like ;) I guess some good R&R goes a long way for the 460's :evilgrin:

heaven5562xgtx460.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Capi, so far, I can beat my HD 5970 in both Heaven and 3DMark Vantage, getting close on 3DMark11! So now I'm trying to figure out how you were beaten so badly by Nyt's 5970! I see originally you had 29fps in Heaven, how has you score changed so much? Was something set wrong in the 1st duel ever?

Almost looks like it would have to be something drastic like SLI not working for a difference like that! Because so far the Heaven scores posted by the 5970's and 580's are getting crushed by the 460 SLI setup ;) all at about half the price :evilgrin:

Almost looks like it would have to be something drastic like SLI not working for a difference like that! Because so far the Heaven scores posted by the 5970's and 580's are getting crushed by the 460 SLI setup ;) all at about half the price :evilgrin:

Woo maybe it was a good thing your 5970 gave out?? ;)

Woo maybe it was a good thing your 5970 gave out?? ;)

Man, you might be right! I just broke 32K on Vantage, couldn't do that with the 5970 (31700). I probably need to make sure that I can use the 460's in the Forum Wars! I didn't even cherry pick the 2 460's in my setup out of the 4 I own either! When I 1st got them, they were all individually tested and labeled. The labels had fallen off, so I just grabbed the 1st 2 saw. If I find the 2 that overclocked the best, pair them together, I will see even higher scores! That is unless the random 2 I grabbed are the 2 gems ;)

Updated my Furmark score:

Nyt Ryda 4272 points (HD 5970)

El_Capitan 6328 points (2 GTX 460 1GB's)

Its looking like the writing on the wall is quite obvious....Capi learned how to use SLI :rofl: I posted a Heaven SS of over 55fps, which then filled him with determination ;)