Ram cooling mods..Post yours here..

THunDA

I used my stock CPU fan to blow air across the sticks. Some 2 sided tape and a small bracket made out of a strip of aluminum hold it in place. Works great, the heat spreaders barely feel warm to the touch. But then again I'm running TCCD at low voltage.

26F05-11-28(2-9).jpg

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like your mod man .. very clean and effective. GJ :D

Thanks,

I know the bends aren't the greatest, but when its in the case it looks great. Even the tiny bubbles from heating the lexan up too quickly can't even be seen. So overall it came out great. One thing though, at full speeds these fans are loud, they go to 5000 rpm. I had to set them on the fan controller power output of my psu and lower the rmps. Now they are near silent and still kick out some good airflow.

Thanks,

I know the bends aren't the greatest, but when its in the case it looks great. Even the tiny bubbles from heating the lexan up too quickly can't even be seen. So overall it came out great. One thing though, at full speeds these fans are loud, they go to 5000 rpm. I had to set them on the fan controller power output of my psu and lower the rmps. Now they are near silent and still kick out some good airflow.

i too liked your ram cooling mod..... your case looks 5w33t inside as well. :cool:

TGM

Guest shaolin95

Those super talent are the ones I used but replaced the fans with some sidewinder delta fans 40mm that deliver 16cfm each. It looks cool and very clean if you dont like the getto look :-)

I did see the super talent cooler in my quest for 60mm fans. The thing is I wanted a fan that would cover all 4 slots and have blue leds. I wanted 60mm's so I could run them at a low speed and still get a decent cfm out of them. I didn't much care for the dancing lights on the talent, plus they were only 40mm. Don't get me wrong, its a nice piece of equipment, just not what I was looking for. My HD cooler cost $7 ea, and the lexan ran $4 for a small sheet at the local home depot.

For those of you who are looking to get a new case and cool your ram. This is not a bad option. The case places your Mobo flipped upside down, CPU and RAM is on the bottom.

http://www.aerocool.us/p-case/spiral-galax...al-galaxies.htm

The case actually cools better if you remove the wind tunnel.

The only down side is make sure you PSU cables are long enough(found out the hard way) the 24pin and 4pin 12V were about 8 inches to short for my PSU.

*edit* Pic removed, opps to large

When I decided to replace my XP-120, chipset fan and vga fan with watercooling I thought I needed som cooling on the ram and CPU powersupply since the airflow fram the XP-120 would dissapear. So I made a bracket out of 3mm steel plate at work

brack01.jpg

I put 3 60mm SilenX fans on it and put it all in my rig. Got temperatures on PWM IC about 32c with room temperature at about 23c nom :cool:

brack03.jpg

Dragavon,

w0w, thats a sweet mod. wish i could some kind of bracket like that made.

i'm going all water now as well, altho i'm not using the nf4 i'll be on the nf3 mobo.

i was considering just grabbing the zalman pci bracket and placing a clear 120mm blowing at the top half of my mobo, but your bracket looks soo much better.

TGM