Am I just lucky or smart?

Sure can

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17352

Setting the HDD delay--> 2 and swapping out the IDE cable did the trick. Although I tried the cable that gave me trouble in my INTEL and it works fine :confused:

wutevs...RESOLVED ;)

I do remember seeing your post,however as I had not seen any issues b4 w/Maxtor PATA drives,I was unable to provide any suggestions.

It does seem as though it might have been helpfull to report the fix in your original post as it would have provided an excellent search resource

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do remember seeing your post,however as I had not seen any issues b4 w/Maxtor PATA drives,I was unable to provide any suggestions.

It does seem as though it might have been helpfull to report the fix in your original post as it would have provided an excellent search resource

I agree, although I was deterred by having to search for it under what seems like an endless amount of threads :nod:

And if I ever see anyone with an issue in regards to this, I will surely lend a helping hand.

NOOOOOO Please don't take my DFI -Street therapy away from me. As many have done before me, I applaud AG and Rgone for their hard work with this site. It is great to be able to bring a collective mind together to better the community. Don't let a couple of bad apples ruin the bunch.

I was concerned with the amount of Search talk, seeing that this is a tech support place, not a DFI discussion thread.

BUT, now knowing that this is not DFI funded, that totally changes my outlook.

Here's what I propose: We (not AG or Rgone since they have better things to do) should setup a thread with links to helpful posts. Then instead of referring people to the search (which is highly based on user skill) we can link people to that collective FAQ thread which should answer 90% of all questions asked

I agree, although I was deterred by having to search for it under what seems like an endless amount of threads :nod: .

Yes alot of threads.. but you found your answer !!..

Each and every time a user thinks they dont want to search a "endless amount of threads" and starts a new thread it just adds to the "endless amount of threads"..

Here's what I propose: We (not AG or Rgone since they have better things to do) should setup a thread with links to helpful posts. Then instead of referring people to the search (which is highly based on user skill) we can link people to that collective FAQ thread which should answer 90% of all questions asked

Thats in the works.. But its still a mission to get people to read stickies and even the darn rules..

Guest bobyjo

I agree wholeheartly, these guys are great. Don't knock something because of some hot headed persons start throwing rocks at whatever. They are just frustrated and venting themselves at anything they can find. If we would understand this, everyone would be much better off.

h_3Usr > wrong!

1. I am not happy with DFI's support in regards to this forum, nothing personal, but I just recently asked for help 1 TIME and neither my post or pm were responded to(selective support?)This search thing is out of control. If this is a support forum, peeps SHOULD NOT have to perform a thread juggling act just to get information that they are entitled to by the virtue of, say, the $200+ they put out to purchase this product.

You are not entitled to anything by virtue of your $200+ purchase. DFI the Company furnishes ZERO funding for this site. Nada, zip & nothing. AG and I do it mostly on our OFF as in while not at work time. Period.

Now here is where and what you should be doing for answers copied word for word from the OFFICIAL DFI WEBSITE.

Quoted from above: ""because the one who integrated your system should have all the necessary configurations and is in the best position to assist you.

"" Now whom is your system intergrator? Who is building the system? Who is responsible for all the compatibility issues? Go to your system intergrator and system configurator and assembler. Whomever he is; is responsible for assisting you.

Now that is how it really is supposed to work. However and I take this now with a huge grain of salt> it was unknown to AG and I when we decided to put up an additional help/commuity site to assist some in pushing on. What was unknown to us was that people had no clue to their part in the process and by and large had no real clue how it was supposed to all function. And if anything AG and myself and the others all originally held the hands of too many for too long. Our desire to help overloaded our own common sense and let it get out of hand where everyone thought they had a "right" to someone else's free time.

However too many ask the same questions over and over and over and over for whatever reason and are making the community look like a refugee camp for displaced persons. Fighting over food and water and a place to lay one's head at night.

So now since there has to be too much time devoted to the same question over and over and over, there is not any time left for a PM or much of the answering of questions that we used to do as a matter of course even if the system intergrator should have qualified all the pieces for himself and for the one whom he was doing the system intergrating/configuring for.

So the mindless yammering and persistent failure to be one's own system intergrator and bear the responsibilities of same has caused a huge degeneration of the situation as a whole. So much so that we are even considering closing the site much like countries have closed the relief sites for displaced persons who cannot manage to get along and act as if they realized how to act when being handed something for free. Of course like in any situation people think that they can try one last time to get people to bear their own responsibilities and see if any solution can be found but I fear like anything run by humans, that the humans will resist. They will stand tall and proud and declare they have their 'rights'. Rights to do what? You have a right to shoulder your system intergrator job and do it correctly for your customer. If that customer is your ownself then quit cheating your customer.

RGone...

You are not entitled to anything by virtue of your $200+ purchase. DFI the Company furnishes ZERO funding for this site. Nada, zip & nothing. AG and I do it mostly on our OFF as in while not at work time. Period.

Ummm, You are DFI employees, right?

This is DFI-street, where I and I am sure others, were under the impression that this is an official DFI support site, because if its not then I am little vague as to what DFI does to acknowledge most of its support issues, the manual does not even have a phone number.

Quoted from above: ""because the one who integrated your system should have all the necessary configurations and is in the best position to assist you.

"" Now whom is your system intergrator? Who is building the system? Who is responsible for all the compatibility issues? Go to your system intergrator and system configurator and assembler. Whomever he is; is responsible for assisting you.

Now that is how it really is supposed to work. However and I take this now with a huge grain of salt> it was unknown to AG and I when we decided to put up an additional help/commuity site to assist some in pushing on. What was unknown to us was that people had no clue to their part in the process and by and large had no real clue how it was supposed to all function. And if anything AG and myself and the others all originally held the hands of too many for too long. Our desire to help overloaded our own common sense and let it get out of hand where everyone thought they had a "right" to someone else's free time.

However too many ask the same questions over and over and over and over for whatever reason and are making the community look like a refugee camp for displaced persons. Fighting over food and water and a place to lay one's head at night.

It's funny I tell people all the time, don't do anything nice for people if you will at some point generate animocity towards those that you are helping. I appreciate this forum, but a refugee camp? I think thats a little skewed...and from what I gather above it seems like your concept on tech support is slighltly misplaced.

I do tech support all day whether I want to or not, and why do you ask(or not), because I get satisfaction from helping people PERIOD point blank, thats the kind of person I am and could not justifiably hold that against those that I help, for better or worse.

Rgone, chances are my board would not be up without your FAQ and I thank you tremendously for your effort, and I constantly point others in the direction of it, if that means anything at all, but understand, if peeps didn't buy MOBOS and sumamrily have problems in some way, shape, or form you, I, and others would be out of a job(or just not have this one)

So the mindless yammering and persistent failure to be one's own system intergrator and bear the responsibilities of same has caused a huge degeneration of the situation as a whole. So much so that we are even considering closing the site much like countries have closed the relief sites for displaced persons who cannot manage to get along and act as if they realized how to act when being handed something for free. Of course like in any situation people think that they can try one last time to get people to bear their own responsibilities and see if any solution can be found but I fear like anything run by humans, that the humans will resist. They will stand tall and proud and declare they have their 'rights'. Rights to do what? You have a right to shoulder your system intergrator job and do it correctly for your customer. If that customer is your ownself then quit cheating your customer.

hehehehe...

dude I think it sux you guys have to come out of your OWN POCKETS to help people and its not fair(take it up with Oskar)

but cmon...here you are either giving people to much credit or not enough...I feel the same way sometimes. All the same, your almost saying that customers in this particular case have no rights because they were under the assumption that they had rights(?)and if so are they the ones to blame entirely for their pre-conceived notions about receiving help? Or were they sold a false bill of goods and now its their fault for not concurring that and vocalizing?

Nobody(not me anyway) is here to upset you guys, but do what you will...

h

It doesn't matter if DFI funds this site or not. This site is run by several DFI employees and therefore DFI, as a company, has full the responsibity for this site. In many posts, these DFI employees clearly lead consumers to believe this is in fact an official DFI support site. Many of you post messages during normal work hours and we have to assume that DFI pays you salary to do so.

Ken, I truly hope your next board works out for you.

Take Care,

StephenC

Ken, I just re-read my post to you. I should have added that we are also here to help with any issues you might have..... I am not a RAM config wiz, but it looks like Smoken Joe will get you hooked up there. I think I could walk you through any build issues though. So If Joe is not available (for other then ram config) feel free to pm me as well.

Take Care,

StephenC

DFI has cooler packaging and calls the board lanparty. - that means lots of ignorant pre-teens will buy them, simply based on looks, and then not know what the hell to do with it. ... then their hormones kick in and they get all upset.

the boards are awesome. it's the people who are defective...

DFI has cooler packaging and calls the board lanparty. - that means lots of ignorant pre-teens will buy them, simply based on looks, and then not know what the hell to do with it. ... then their hormones kick in and they get all upset.

the boards are awesome. it's the people who are defective...

My friend ,people are only as defective as the status quo that governs their purported existence.

And just because some have problems, does not mean others do not.

It's funny because DELL pulled their forum because of the way their users responded to the level of support they were getting. Minimal at best, fixed enough of them to know and will surely be fixing more in the forseeable future. And also, I don't think its the users that are pushing any mods into any corners, I believe that its the company that is pushing the mods into a corner(i.e listing RAM that has compatibility issues as "compatible"). If you ever worked tech support you would understand, and you know what I did?

I quit.

And why?

Because that is not fair to the customers that I build a unique relationship with in regards to the level and areas of service I provide. I have spent YEARS establishing support relationships(or months really :nod: with customers only to be thrown away by the companies I have worked for due to:

A. Management trying to limit the time I spend dealing with a problem, while the user/customer has a binding contract that is paid for such a service, not "shot clock support"

B. My company having a pending issue internally that can never be patched and then being forced to tell users/customers that the problem is "on their end"

C.(My favorite) My company wanting to expand its product line and then forcefully instructing me on sneaking in or outright disregarding their issue to sell and hype a new product that will make their issue automagically go away.

(B usually leads to C)

And you try to and in some cases succeed, but in the end you know in your heart that have not solved anything, just postponed it.

I don't deal in postponement. I deal in resolution.

So go ahead and flame me or wutevs, but I only offer perspective, nothing more or less. It's funny that I'm almost labeled as a troublemaker...when in fact I think I have done more to help than to hurt. I only speak cuz peeps need to know this :angel:

PS,

the boards are awesome.

h

this thread is rapidly deteriorating .. Moderators are being backed into a coner and havng to defend themselves and this site, things seem to be getting out of hand a bit ...

I won't show the image (I don't want to offend and it IS politically incorrect), but I will give a link. I found it a few days ago and it seems to be fitting:

Too much arguing :D

When did this turn into an argument?