Am I just lucky or smart?

The issue seems to be one of responsibility.

As has been stated earlier. When you start to assemble a rig from parts you provide, you are taking the responsibility to make sure they work together.

Dell or the local PC shop wouldn't dare think of putting a rig together without making sure all the parts will work together. Testing and evaluation of components is a serious issue when you are putting your company name on a computer.

Your resource for getting all the facts on hardware compatibility is right here. This forum has all the information you need to build a great rig. All you have to do is take advantage of it.

You are responsible for making your rig work. Not DFI! Not the other members of this forum!

We can only help you based upon the information you provide.

If you purchase hardware without doing the research, it's your own fault.

If your sig is lacking or out of date, it's your own fault.

If you are given a series of steps to take and you don't follow them to the letter, it's your own fault.

If you provide false or incomplete information, don't expect the forum member to be able to help.

Now, with that said. There are some very smart and experienced forum members that go above and beyond to help other members resolve their problems. I have great admiration for all of them.

Please be nice to them and they will bend over backwards to help you resolve your problems if at all possible.

There will be times when there is nothing left to do but replace hardware. If that happens in your particular situation, there is absolutely nothing a forum member can do to help you. Remember, you decided on the hardware yourself. It's your own fault.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive explained so many times why we dont support Windows64...search buttons are your friends

But to do that, we have to make a lot of serious changes here and it will affect every last one of you...and like I said, laziness is not going to be something that we tolerate much anymore, along with many other things that are gonna get tossed out the window. In the end it will make this place that much better. We have lives too. We are not your slaves to service you every minute of the day. We deserve more than that, and we are going to have more than that.

We'll do our best to make this place able to function 110% when we are not around as well as 110% when we are around.

Well, I am fairly new to this forum, having only found it when RGone replied to an email I sent in for help. I want to say though, that I really appreciate the work you guys are doing here. I have been reading and reading and now come back on an almost daily basis to keep up. I am mnew to OC'ing but not to computers. The wealth of information here has already helped me immensely.

I got pretty lucky with my build. Everything came up the first time. I only wish my video card's fan had worked, so I could have started down the path of seeing how far I can push this thing. I am going to start out with just pretty much stock air cooling, and we will see where I go from there. I have already started looking into water cooling, but I need to learn more about what I am doing before I take that step.

I have a feeling that in the future I may be posting with questions of my own, and I feel good knowing that there are a number of people here who have the knowledge and experience to possibly help me if I run into a snag. I hope that at some point in the future I will know enough to be able to help others that come here.

All in all I am extremely pleased with DFI to date.

Give me a PM when you get the MB back I will try and help if you would like. If nothing else a 2:1 divider can work it takes far less of a hit in performance than you would think. If you havent figured out what kind of memory modules are on it find out before you get the cpu the numbers are on the memory.

Thx first, I will PM you if I can't make my replaced board to work /bow

ok, Im ready...

I'm gonna bullet point to make this short.

1. I am not happy with DFI's support in regards to this forum, nothing personal, but I just recently asked for help 1 TIME and neither my post or pm were responded to(selective support?)This search thing is out of control. If this is a support forum, peeps SHOULD NOT have to perform a thread juggling act just to get information that they are entitled to by the virtue of, say, the $200+ they put out to purchase this product.

2. I really do love this MOBO, so for teh h@73r'S get ur minds right, and you know who you are, So that being said, this is not an attack on DFI or its employees, I LUV MY GEAR!

3. I remember a quote and it goes:

"This world is filled with *********'s that got unrealistic expectations"

--Ving Rhames,"Marcellis" from Pulp Fiction.

Meaning some of the people that have these problems are doing it to themselves because they can't get 250FSB, 310MHZ@1:1 running 4 1GB DIMMS(I hear the sound of glass burning and cracking...whats that smell?!)and its not possible with the gear they are running or at the settings they are running the gear on...It boggles the mind.

4. I think a lot of the cold boot problem has to with users getting jumper-happy and over-volting the RAM even though they weren't running it @3.3+...and DFI has laid a disclaimer in the manual, as vague as it is, in regards to that issue or issue(s) that could arise from that

5. In my experience, a user that has to go through hell and high water with MOBO issues (INSERT_ISSUE_HERE)just because they swapped out a HDD or plugged in a device is not cool and that is a basic amenity that shouldn't be obscured just because "it's a DFI" and as well should be afforded to the end user automatically upon purchase and initial setup.

To conclude, I feel there is a breakdown on a few levels, but why stop progress?

h

PS,

I resolved my afformentioned issue myself with my MAXTOR HDD's and all goes well...thanks for the support...otherwise, if I have another issue in the future I am somewhat leary on where to go get some feedback, but hey, I'm only a customer. Get rid of the search nonsense, collect/compile/consolidate the issues into a single cohesive document or different sections dealing with different types of issues and help the user, don't push your job off on them because of(???)

I dare anyone to disagree, unless you like searching for hours+days for something even in the neighborhood of providence in regards to an issue.

Thanks for readin,

h

PS,

I resolved my afformentioned issue myself with my MAXTOR HDD's and all goes well...thanks for the support...otherwise, if I have another issue in the future I am somewhat leary on where to go get some feedback, but hey, I'm only a customer. Get rid of the search nonsense, collect/compile/consolidate the issues into a single cohesive document or different sections dealing with different types of issues and help the user, don't push your job off on them because of(???)

I dare anyone to disagree, unless you like searching for hours+days for something even in the neighborhood of providence in regards to an issue.

Thanks for readin,

h

Could you provide a link to the post where no one replied,did you report back and provide your findings on the fix

just reading that first post... i would slap that person if i had the chance. what a stupid comment, calling people who have problems, a newb. who knows, you might have a problem that ur 'oh so smart' head cant fix, and are u gonna sink down to that remark u made? so go on, call urself a newb.

ur not smart, or lucky, ur infact stupid and ignorant.

wtf its a support site, what kind of posts u expect here, information regarding engines? lol idiot.

my rant is done here.

Read the whole thread.

He addressed that and he said he didn't mean it how it sounded.

Notice that he doesn't have a sig :dog:

Yea..lol..

KRAGGAH.. If you read the thread you are actually guilty of some things stuff we are talking about.. Read the rules and make a sig.. And ALWAYS read a FULL thread before you make a comment like that or any comment for that matter.. If you feel the thread is too big then you shouldnt even post to it.. ;)

Could you provide a link to the post where no one replied,did you report back and provide your findings on the fix

Sure can

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17352

Setting the HDD delay--> 2 and swapping out the IDE cable did the trick. Although I tried the cable that gave me trouble in my INTEL and it works fine :confused:

wutevs...RESOLVED ;)

Guest bobyjo

I think you are an aragant sort of a person.

Yes there are persons that purchase one of these boards thinking they might just plug everything into the right sockets and it will fly.

How do you expect anyone to learn from thier mistakes?

This is an excellent place to post the problems you are having and get help from someone that can help.

Certainly I am not saying that the rock throwing and bashing is acceptable.

h_3Usr > wrong!

1. I am not happy with DFI's support in regards to this forum, nothing personal, but I just recently asked for help 1 TIME and neither my post or pm were responded to(selective support?)This search thing is out of control. If this is a support forum, peeps SHOULD NOT have to perform a thread juggling act just to get information that they are entitled to by the virtue of, say, the $200+ they put out to purchase this product.

You are not entitled to anything by virtue of your $200+ purchase. DFI the Company furnishes ZERO funding for this site. Nada, zip & nothing. AG and I do it mostly on our OFF as in while not at work time. Period.

Now here is where and what you should be doing for answers copied word for word from the OFFICIAL DFI WEBSITE.

Home > Support

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This section intends to provide a high quality support for all DFI customers. You should be able to find the solutions to some of your problems from this site.

However, please first check with your local resellers/system integrators if you have any problems and enquiries, because the one who integrated your system should have all the necessary configurations and is in the best position to assist you.

Any problems/questions that cannot be handled by your local resellers will be forwarded to us and we will provide them with answers as soon as possible.

Quoted from above: ""because the one who integrated your system should have all the necessary configurations and is in the best position to assist you.

"" Now whom is your system intergrator? Who is building the system? Who is responsible for all the compatibility issues? Go to your system intergrator and system configurator and assembler. Whomever he is; is responsible for assisting you.

Now that is how it really is supposed to work. However and I take this now with a huge grain of salt> it was unknown to AG and I when we decided to put up an additional help/commuity site to assist some in pushing on. What was unknown to us was that people had no clue to their part in the process and by and large had no real clue how it was supposed to all function. And if anything AG and myself and the others all originally held the hands of too many for too long. Our desire to help overloaded our own common sense and let it get out of hand where everyone thought they had a "right" to someone else's free time.

However too many ask the same questions over and over and over and over for whatever reason and are making the community look like a refugee camp for displaced persons. Fighting over food and water and a place to lay one's head at night.

So now since there has to be too much time devoted to the same question over and over and over, there is not any time left for a PM or much of the answering of questions that we used to do as a matter of course even if the system intergrator should have qualified all the pieces for himself and for the one whom he was doing the system intergrating/configuring for.

So the mindless yammering and persistent failure to be one's own system intergrator and bear the responsibilities of same has caused a huge degeneration of the situation as a whole. So much so that we are even considering closing the site much like countries have closed the relief sites for displaced persons who cannot manage to get along and act as if they realized how to act when being handed something for free. Of course like in any situation people think that they can try one last time to get people to bear their own responsibilities and see if any solution can be found but I fear like anything run by humans, that the humans will resist. They will stand tall and proud and declare they have their 'rights'. Rights to do what? You have a right to shoulder your system intergrator job and do it correctly for your customer. If that customer is your ownself then quit cheating your customer.

RGone...