DFI Lanparty S939 NF3 Ultra -TWEAKS

Hope you get a good one this time.

So finally.....i received the mobo and now my system are up and running!

...but not so good actually!

I need a lot of help here... :rolleyes:

My computer beeping sometimes when I trye to boot so a have to run singelchannel for a while and then go back to dual.

I use the two slots closest to cpu.

I tryed to set my memtimings to 2-2-2-6 1T (400MHz)) and run some memtest and I got 32 errors direct!! :confused:

I have not installed the booster yet but I have set Vdimm 3.2V in bios.

Now I run 2-3-3-6 (400MHz) and it works in windows but crash in benchmark!?

Which bios shall I try...i use the standard now but I cant see the revision!? I presume it is 602...??

Where can I measure the Vdimm on the board? I plan to raise my +3,3V rails and see how fare I can go! Some picture would be nice!! :)

What timings shall I use in bios......there are to many of them!! :P

System in sign.

Thanks

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So finally.....i received the mobo and now my system are up and running!

...but not so good actually!

I need a lot of help here... :rolleyes:

My computer beeping sometimes when I trye to boot so a have to run singelchannel for a while and then go back to dual.

I use the two slots closest to cpu.

I tryed to set my memtimings to 2-2-2-6 1T (400MHz)) and run some memtest and I got 32 errors direct!! :confused:

I have not installed the booster yet but I have set Vdimm 3.2V in bios.

Now I run 2-3-3-6 (400MHz) and it works in windows but crash in benchmark!?

Which bios shall I try...i use the standard now but I cant see the revision!? I presume it is 602...??

Where can I measure the Vdimm on the board? I plan to raise my +3,3V rails and see how fare I can go! Some picture would be nice!! :)

What timings shall I use in bios......there are to many of them!! :P

System in sign.

Thanks

If you look at the Dimm Slots the 7th pin on the bottom from the Left Of each dimm Slot will Be the PIN you measure VDIMM.. With the 4000 VX you may Have to burn them In a little(or alot) And I beleive their Spec timming is 2-2-2-8 @ 3.2v Not 2-2-2-6 That is probly why you are having errors.. After some Burn in time you should be able to tighten timmings

As for youre Bios when you post on the Post test screen at the Bottom left will be a date

6/02/2005 wil be bios 602

Mine doesnt realy Bennifit from higher than 3.7v on the 3.3 rail with out the 3.3v mod on the board.. But youres may do better.. Just be carefull not to go too High as the Board will most likely shut down.. Or worst Die a horrible DEATH

no confusion blinker. lucky just cant comprehend either of our posts. he seems to think whatever he writes is correct and we should all agree.

in my first post I did not even mention the cold boot issue. I mentioned the overclock settings not saving issue. This is completely different than the COLD BOOT ISSUE.

maybe we should define what they each mean like blinker has done SEVERAL TIMES. lucky you say you have a problem reiterating what was already answered. Well frankly so do I.

Cold boot issue - When power is pressed system does not post. reset is needed to be engaged at least once for post to happen. happens every time with 602 bios in my experience. fixed moving to 711 bios.

Overclock settings not saving - this is where maybe you are confused. This has nothing to do with the OTHER issue where any settings do not save in the bios. that issue is limited to the 7XX bios and 8XX bios. This issue deals with having your settings that have been able to save fine before all in a sudden not engange upon startup. like blinker said all he had to do to fix it was simple restart. This issue is limited to 602 bios in my experience. So far it looks fixed in 711 bios.

hope that is better explained on my part. and lucky please do not confuse these issues again. KTHXBYE

Im not confusing the issues.....You seem to want to make another problem out of 1 that already exists. When your bios resets to default settings, also known as safety mode, in my opinnion this is just due to a bad boot up caused by the cold boot issue and I might add that this what the m/b is designed to do. Never have I had the safety mode invoked without a bad cold boot. Please do not confuse the issues again. KTHXBYE

If you look at the Dimm Slots the 7th pin on the bottom from the Left Of each dimm Slot will Be the PIN you measure VDIMM.. With the 4000 VX you may Have to burn them In a little(or alot) And I beleive their Spec timming is 2-2-2-8 @ 3.2v Not 2-2-2-6 That is probly why you are having errors.. After some Burn in time you should be able to tighten timmings

As for youre Bios when you post on the Post test screen at the Bottom left will be a date

6/02/2005 wil be bios 602

Mine doesnt realy Bennifit from higher than 3.7v on the 3.3 rail with out the 3.3v mod on the board.. But youres may do better.. Just be carefull not to go too High as the Board will most likely shut down.. Or worst Die a horrible DEATH

Oki thanks. I will adjust and measure some day. It would be nice if I dont have to use my booster! I am happy if I hit 250fsb 2-2-2-8 that my memorys are rated for. :)

I have bois version 602.

Can anyone confirm that bios 705 or 711 oc better then version 602. I dont like to flashing bios if not necessary.

Right now can I run 230fsb 2-3-3-6 and thats very bad for my system. Dont you think? I have set Vdimm to 3.2V in bios but it show only 3.14V???

I now my cpu easily do 2.5GHz...at least on my old neo2 mobo.

Oki thanks. I will adjust and measure some day. It would be nice if I dont have to use my booster! I am happy if I hit 250fsb 2-2-2-8 that my memorys are rated for. :)

I have bois version 602.

Can anyone confirm that bios 705 or 711 oc better then version 602. I dont like to flashing bios if not necessary.

Right now can I run 230fsb 2-3-3-6 and thats very bad for my system. Dont you think? I have set Vdimm to 3.2V in bios but it show only 3.14V???

I now my cpu easily do 2.5GHz...at least on my old neo2 mobo.

Try Burning the memory in some. I do this while i am at work. then use the computer as normal till bed time and let it stay off while asleep

Memtest , test five looping...

Nights/Days for 8 to 12 hours

1-3: 200Mhz 2-2-2-8 1T with 2.8v

4-6: 210Mhz 2-2-2-8 1T with 2.9v

7-9: 220Mhz 2-2-2-8 1T with 3.0v

10-12: 230Mhz 2-2-2-8 1T with 3.1v

13-15: 240Mhz 2-2-2-8 1T with 3.2v

If you get a booster about night/day 14 up voltage to 3.4v @240 Mhz 2-2-2-7

night/Day 15 3.5v @240 Mhz 2-2-2-6

But lower youre cpu a multiplier or two as the memory is all you want to stress.

Then you should be able to hopefully get a higher Memory clock

I like 705 But it is a bit more challenging than 602.. Just my opinion /prefference

I am so disappointed right now!! :sad:

I cant even run 200fsb 2-2-2-8 (3.0~3.2V in bios) without a lot of errors in memtest.

Perhaps I have to flash bios anyway!?

I am rather confused....I can run 231fsb 2-3-2-6, 3.1V but not 200fsb 2-2-2-8, 3.2V :confused:

blinker0: What du you mean with "I like 705 But it is a bit more challenging than 602"??

I will also try the yellow slot....I saw your post regarding Vdimm.

as I am aware, the mainboard takes better to bh5 in slots 1 3 and tccd in 2 4. This works for me with slots 2 4.. 602 is the only BIOS I find suitable for my situation. I have a 3500+ @ 2.56Ghz stable X800XT gives me 6242 3D Mark 2005. Want to O/C more but im not sure how much is safe considering im already running nearly 15% out of spec. I can't be too greedy now, but I must say im happy with the board now it works.

I am so disappointed right now!! :sad:

I cant even run 200fsb 2-2-2-8 (3.0~3.2V in bios) without a lot of errors in memtest.

Perhaps I have to flash bios anyway!?

I am rather confused....I can run 231fsb 2-3-2-6, 3.1V but not 200fsb 2-2-2-8, 3.2V :confused:

blinker0: What du you mean with "I like 705 But it is a bit more challenging than 602"??

I will also try the yellow slot....I saw your post regarding Vdimm.

I was Just meaning the first few changes.. There are a few different technics you would need to try. To get past the first couple Boots with changes.. Its not too Bad.. Others have had success with 711 and 815 also... I just got memory back from RMA I would know More on the BH-5 chips and My board later.. I am pretty sure youre memory Is CH-5 Or 6.. And am not realy understanding yet why youres wont run spec But will with tighter timmings? Humm will try to look into it tonight