DFI Lanparty S939 NF3 Ultra -TWEAKS

Ok was wondering what the VDIMM voltages actualy was with R-716 removed... So blinker went a testing. To see if there was a Memory voltage related solution to some Memory problems.. You can see the measured Values in the NF3 tips and tweaks section with R-716 still on board(if youre Board still has it) I tested both ORANGE AND YELLOW DIMM SLOTS.

SETTING ------------- ACTUAL VOLTAGE--------------- BIOS READING

YELLO DIMM SLOTS

2.5v ------------------------2.56-------------------------2.56 to 2.58 fluctuates In BIOS READING

2.6v--------------------------2.66-------------------------2.67

2.7v--------------------------2.77-------------------------2.79

2.8v--------------------------2.88-------------------------2.88

2.9v--------------------------2.97-------------------------2.98

3.0v--------------------------3.07-------------------------3.07 to3.09 fluctuates

3.1v--------------------------3.18-------------------------3.19

3.2v--------------------------3.29-------------------------3.23

ORANGE DIMM SLOT

2.5v--------------------------2.56------------------------2.58

2.6v--------------------------2.66------------------------2.67

2.7v--------------------------2.77------------------------2.79

2.8v--------------------------2.88------------------------2.88

2.9v--------------------------2.97------------------------2.98

3.0v--------------------------3.07------------------------3.07 to 3.09 fluctuates

3.1---------------------------3.18------------------------3.19

3.2v--------------------------3.21-----------------------3.22

I took these readings at both IDLE and UNDER A LOAD.(MEMTEST #5) there was no variance

Happy Computin.....

Blinker looks for his corner...

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try it with the power cord unplugged and the battery out. Mine usually acts like that when ever I push too far and have to reset cmos. I always have to unplug the power from the drives clear cmos for atleast 20sec. then boot up and go into bios. Set up everything like you like it, including sata drives. Then reboot let the comp post then shut it off from the case button. Plug the sata power cords back in and then boot up again and let it go all the way thru to windows. If this does not solve your problem then you may have a dead moard.

The mobo is RMA and I will hopefully receive a new one soon! :confused:

Im just going to revive this thread.. :)

I have just got my NF3 Ultra-D, and am having overclocking issues..

1. I cant get my HTT above 275 stable. Reguardless of vcore, chipset voltage, memory divider, HTT multi or FID multi

2. E3 Venice wont POST above 2490MHz in this board, yet the chip happily does 2700MHz (300x9) in my mates NF4 SLi-DR

3. Voltages seem to fluctuate.. Vcore is @ 1.6v and when i run SuperPi or Prime 95, the voltage will drop to around ~1.54v and occaisionaly as low as 1.4v. These measurements were taken from CPU-Z.

the other issue im having is....

-I dont have a floppy drive, but want to try a newer bios. Is it possible to flash from a bootable CD?

Someone PLEASE help. I'd really like to get this chip hammering along at 2600 - 2700MHz..

Alex.

a couple have reported winflash to work if you want to try that method. or you can burn a bootable cd.

Yer.. maybe i'll try that...

I tried using the nTune "Bios Update" thing, to flash to 711 or 705 but it gives me a "Bios Mismatch Error".... But I'll download winflash and give that a shot, fail that, I have an ISO to make a bootable CD here, and an ISO Editor, to add the flashing tool and bios to the ISO... Worked when i flashed my video card... dont see why it wont now....

So whats the best method. Clear CMOS to default, Flash new bios, Clear Cmos, Load optimised defaults then setup the bios as i see fit?

Thanks.

If i cant get this board to fire up in a few days I think im going to sell it and go NF4 Ultra-D

Edit:

Xen, Judging by this part of your sig.

Venice 3000+ @ 2.43ghz +.4v

270x9 - 3xHTT - DDR166 @221mhz

Stock Cooler - 6.02 Bios - v5.10 nForce

I'd say that your board is about the same as mine. because 270x9 is my highest stable clocks. and i have 3xHTT also with 221MHz RAM... Dunno... pisses me off when i buy things and dont research first

Yer.. maybe i'll try that...

I tried using the nTune "Bios Update" thing, to flash to 711 or 705 but it gives me a "Bios Mismatch Error".... But I'll download winflash and give that a shot, fail that, I have an ISO to make a bootable CD here, and an ISO Editor, to add the flashing tool and bios to the ISO... Worked when i flashed my video card... dont see why it wont now....

So whats the best method. Clear CMOS to default, Flash new bios, Clear Cmos, Load optimised defaults then setup the bios as i see fit?

Thanks.

If i cant get this board to fire up in a few days I think im going to sell it and go NF4 Ultra-D

Edit:

Xen, Judging by this part of your sig.

I'd say that your board is about the same as mine. because 270x9 is my highest stable clocks. and i have 3xHTT also with 221MHz RAM... Dunno... pisses me off when i buy things and dont research first

I have to use 1.65v to 1.69 v to get My 3000 to 2717

well.. i'll wait a few days till my G5 arrives, then test it out at higher voltages...

If that still doesnt yeild results...

1. Sell NF3 Ultra-D and X800XT.

2. Buy NF4 Ultra-D/SLI-D or Albatron K8SLI (seems to be a great sli board, and is CHEAP!

3. Buy 7800GT/GTX

Try again...

If you are going thru all that you may want to replace the CPU also.. As it may just not be a good overclocker And have a weak Mem controller.. Actualy I would replace it before any thing else. As the rest of the Equiptment you have seems like quality stuff. I would more suspect the CPU as the part that is holding you back If it wont go Higher with a divider. Or voltage settings.

But that is just me

LOL And return it If it dont.. Cheeper and quicker than a hole upgrade... My 3000 will do 3.1 gig in my NF4 SLI... But only with 1.75v And phase change cooling.. It will only do 2717 in this board. And only 2.5 gig in the NF4 with Water cooling

Each proccessor will clock different in different Boards.. But thats a easy way to find out..

Good luck