Giveaway For Our Folding@home Members!

Bosco

The real reason I run folding is to keep my CPU at 100% load all the time. If it's used to running at 100% load, benchmarks run better and better everytime. Seriously. It really works. Plus I've slowly been creeping my FSB up seeing how high it will run at for 24 hours of folding...and it really helps.

(and thanks for the nice comments about my comment! B) )

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actualy i was folding for a different team for awhile then i saw the thing on the site and decided to switch. (dont think i just started for the case i actualy started because my science teacher awarded extre credit based on the amount of wu's we did) I just think that the way the contest winners are decided makes it near impossible for anyone who switched over.

Its like they say... The two words an econonimeist should avoid the most are free and fair. Because there is no such thing as either. Think of it this way. Lets say i put more effort into getting folding on more computers, say at school, work, home, and have accumulated a mass amount of wu's for that. Now, lets say theres a contest, at this site i visit all the time. And lets say, this contest entails getting a prize for the folding im doing. Now, would it same fair to you or anyone else that i shouldnt have a better chance at winning the contest, considering how much more work ive put into it? Im not saying you havent put as much effort into folding as i have im just saying that ive put a considerable amount of more effort into the occ team, which is what matters. Besides, no matter the amount of wu's, every one with over a thousand points has the chance to get first place.

i was wondering if someone could change the rules so my 1000 points would b worth the same as some one who has more points then me , thay have a advantage over me already by having more ballote in the hat and now i see that if i get picked first and someone who has more points then me gets picked last they still win i dont know if everyone read the rules or maybe i'm wrong but i think everyones 1000 points should have the same chance of winning

Forget about people being drawn 1st, 2nd, 3rd from the hat.

Every 1000 points, you get an entry.

Whenever this ends, everyone will be put into a hat.

3 random names will be drawn from the hat.

Places will be assigned to the 3 names based on points.

Person with most points wins.

This rewards those who:

1 - Have folded for the team since day 1.

2 - Have gone out of their way to install folding on multiple systems.

3 - Have left the computers folding 24/7

Basically, it's a contest that rewards participation in our team. Those who participate more, get rewarded. :)

The 1st place prize will be big, but I don't yet know what it will be. ("Maybe" a pre-modded computer case w/ PSU, (Abit or Asus) motherboard we might even include a CPU, you never know )

its like i've heard that before.