Giveaway For Our Folding@home Members!

Bosco

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about this, you get me ten WU's and I'll pay you $50... but since I don't trust anyone, I'll give you the money AFTER you have completed them under my name. :D Sound fair?

now would you seriously want to do that or are you just saying that? lol

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, LinuX can we change the rules around to 1000 points since the start of the contest :)

It is 1000 points?

Update: I recieved the Pre-modded computer case today, and it's nice :) I'll try and take some pictures of it and post here. We really want to thank eXtreme PC Gear for providing this case for the giveaway! I'm still waiting on the motherboard to get here, once it does I'll take pics of everything :)

• 4 weeks later...

I think it kinda is biased for those with multiple comps or better comps anyway. I understand the bit higher score means higher entries but ppl with higher score get the better stuff. I run it when i can (was using it for a different team tho switched it to the occ one) but my comp isnt that powerful and cant always be on. (parents) SO cant u just do it the old fashioned way and1st to come out gets 1st prize and so on?

The person with the highest score out of those three, will be the 1st place winner. The person with the next to the highest score, will be the 2nd place winner, and ofcourse the last person will be the 3rd place winner

Ok according to this lets say I get drawn first or third. Well No matter where i get draw if someone who has more points then me gets drawn i still cannot win the case. So this means that ppl who have multiple pcs running this not only have a better chance ot win (which they should i mean they are contributing more so they shoud get more chances) but if they are drawn they automatically get first prize. Its not really an incentive for most ppl to start now because they have a very small chance of even being chosen and no chance of getting the case. That is my problem with the way its being done. Like i said i have only one pc to run this on and cannot run it all day (my comp room is tiny and the temp in there sky rockets by 10 degrees when just my comp is running let alone my dads)