Giveaway For Our Folding@home Members!

Bosco

Well, sure the odds are tiny.

But, they are still there. Like today. There was a drawing for Packers tickets.

You could buy as many entries as you wanted to. The people there had 60+ tickets. And a person only bought 5 tickets and still won!

So yes, the chances are slim, but they are there.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm i think ur missing something. Ok the guy that one the packers tickets as long as he was the one drawn he won right. Well according to this you would have to have the highest score of those chosen. So this would mean that say I had the lowest score i have no chance of winning the case. The only person that has a surefire chance of winning the case if chosen is the person with the highest score. The highest person already has the most chances and only has to be one of the three picked but on the other hand say if i was 50 out of 100 ppl in the drawing that would mean after being chosen. I would have to hope that one of the 50 above me werent chosen to win the case. Now do u get what im pointing at? Its not the chances of being on of the three picked i have a problem with its the chances of having the highest score of those three.

It is 1000 points?

Update: I recieved the Pre-modded computer case today, and it's nice :) I'll try and take some pictures of it and post here. We really want to thank eXtreme PC Gear for providing this case for the giveaway! I'm still waiting on the motherboard to get here, once it does I'll take pics of everything :)

any word yet on a motherboard or cpu in the case?

Hmm i think ur missing something. Ok the guy that one the packers tickets as long as he was the one drawn he won right. Well according to this you would have to have the highest score of those chosen. So this would mean that say I had the lowest score i have no chance of winning the case. The only person that has a surefire chance of winning the case if chosen is the person with the highest score. The highest person already has the most chances and only has to be one of the three picked but on the other hand say if i was 50 out of 100 ppl in the drawing that would mean after being chosen. I would have to hope that one of the 50 above me werent chosen to win the case. Now do u get what im pointing at? Its not the chances of being on of the three picked i have a problem with its the chances of having the highest score of those three.

I get what your saying, but it's not anyone elses fault but yours that you don't have more points (now, this shouldn't of sounded mean. Maybe you only knew about OCC in the past couple weeks etc. but again, your fault not anyone elses).

Do you have any friends that have computers?

you got to remeber what you are folding for, not for a computer case and mobo, (even though that is a nice plus) but to help save lives. I have 3 computer i can run it on but two of them are only on for a few hours a day so they don't fold much, the other (my computer) folds 24/7 except when the power cuts out....

Stupid NorthernLights

Actualy i was folding for a different team for awhile then i saw the thing on the site and decided to switch. (dont think i just started for the case i actualy started because my science teacher awarded extre credit based on the amount of wu's we did) I just think that the way the contest winners are decided makes it near impossible for anyone who switched over.

I think the point of the contest is to give something back to the "orginal" folding members who folded their . off without a reason. You still have a chance at winning SOMETHING, but the staff wants the person who helped our team the most to win the best prize. Remember that its not just a contest to win a prize, its a TEAM and we wanna beat other teams!

I think the point of the contest is to give something back to the "orginal" folding members who folded their . off without a reason.  You still have a chance at winning SOMETHING, but the staff wants the person who helped our team the most to win the best prize.  Remember that its not just a contest to win a prize, its a TEAM and we wanna beat other teams!

Well stated Devil!

I thought the idea behind folding was to help, not get any prizes, well that's why I'm folding and have started only recently.

I think the point of the contest is to give something back to the "orginal" folding members who folded their . off without a reason. You still have a chance at winning SOMETHING, but the staff wants the person who helped our team the most to win the best prize. Remember that its not just a contest to win a prize, its a TEAM and we wanna beat other teams!

I agree :)