Giveaway For Our Folding@home Members!

Bosco

We're going to have a big giveaway in a few months for all of the Folding@Home Members. There will be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes. The 1st place prize will be big, but I don't yet know what it will be. ("Maybe" a pre-modded computer case w/ PSU, (Abit or Asus) motherboard we might even include a CPU, you never know :P )

The contest is fairly simple, the more you fold the better odds of you winning a prize. For everyone 1,000 increments you have in your "score", you get one entry in the giveaway. Your score can be found at: http://www.statsman.info/folding2stats/html/12772.html

I will put everyone's name in a hat who has over 1,000 score. (If you have 2,500 score you will get two names in the hat) I will select three different people from the hat. The person with the highest score out of those three, will be the 1st place winner. The person with the next to the highest score, will be the 2nd place winner, and ofcourse the last person will be the 3rd place winner :)

I know a lot of you might complain about only having one computer to fold on, and its not fair when other people have 3, 4, 5 or more computers to folding on. This shouldn't stop you from winning in the contest. You just need a 1,000 score to be entered in the contest, folding more will increase your chance of winning though. If you only have one computer, go over to your brother or sisters house and setup folding@home on their computer. You can also set it up at work, on your workstation (or that super computer :P) Make sure to ask your boss or system admin before doing so.

Also, if you do setup folding on another computer make sure to use the same exact username (case sensitive) on every computer to get credit for it under one username. (Also don't forget to enter in the team # 12772)

I just thought I would give you guys a heads up on it. More detailed information about the prizes will be announced a few weeks after the occ lan party

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sweet that sounds cool just wish i had a faster computer so i had a better chance of winning cause i really need a new computer(if thats what you decide to have as the prize) im still working on a 500 mhz celeron.....dont have the money to build a new one

I put this together to see what my odds of winning were.....

Man if d3 was eligible im pretty sure he would win, anyway

-----------------------------------------------

25 elgible people w/over a grand

9 people with 1-1.99 grand-1 entry

3 people with 2-2.99 grand-2 entry

2 people with 3-3.99 grand-3 entry

1 people with 4-4.99 grand-4 entry

2 poeple with 5-5.99 grand-5 entry

1 person with 6-6.99 grand-6 entry

2 people with 7-7.99 grand-7 entry

1 pesone with 8-8.99 grand-8 entry

1 person with 9-9.99 grand-9 entry

1 person with 11-11.99 grand-11 entry

1 person with 23 grand-23 entry

1 person with 24 grand-24 entry

--------------------------------------

9*1=9

2*3=6

3*2=6

4*1=4

5*2=10

6*1=6

7*2=14

8*1=8

9*1=9

11*1=11

23*1=23

24*1=24

total entries equals=130

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

which means my chacnes of getting my name pulled out of the hat are 7/130 or 5.4 %

and the highest eligible scores are form chs tigers and superbeast:23/130, 24/130 or 17.6%, 18.5%. Id say that these guys have a pretty good shot at winning. But hey, its really luck thats got everything to do with it, right? lol :lol:

now im glad i decided to fold as much as i have :D

Edited by andrusk

Man, we formatted our computer with Norton (writes all 0's over every dang file) took over 2 days. Then loading XP Pro and all the updates, games, music and stuff. Took almost 4 days from folding :(

So I have to fold again to get access to the forums and my dna strand.

whoa andrusk....how long did it take figure out those odds? guess i better strictly do folding and no more seti for the next few months so i will have at least slight chance of winning something :)

'bout 10 minutes :D