NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys! im on my a64 and dfi right now :cool: dling some windows updates.. running good to, definatly a noticeable speed difference than my 2600+

Glad to see you got her up...What was up with yer "no power" issue"...?

Glad to see you got her up...What was up with yer "no power" issue"...?

the 4 pin that i was using was the wrong one lol.. it was the one that attaches to the 20pin to make a 24pin. pulled out the multimeter and checked another 4pin which ended being the right one and bingo :) kinda weird because its not like i forced the other one in either.. anyway, just glad no damage was done!

So far I'm really pleased with this mobo despite some of the problems people have encountered, including myself. I'm not worried the least bit right now and quite honestly I'll have a hard time deciding to flash this sucker when they release a new bios. It's not like I'm limping along just crossing my fingers waiting for something bad to happen. I've been pushin this thing all over the place since Saturday morning and it hasn't done anything unexpected with regard to trying to OC and going in and out of the bios and rebooting easily a hundred plus times...

Works for me :nod:

That makes 2 of us. I like to destroy motherboards, but this one is just too good. It does what I want it to, and there isn't a better AGP board out there. It is ROCK stable, and the best overclocker I've had yet. Not overclocking, just leaving it stock, it is still awesome. I love MSI boards, but they are unstable in general. You can't expect a perfect release, but you can't do any better than this board. You have to remember that the people who have no problems with the board won't ususally post in support forums, they just use it and we never hear from them. The reason I am posting and following threads on it is to see if any tips or tricks from other users should appear. This board is great.

Here is 2.9Ghz at 1.744vcore, 40 degrees idle, 55 load. Low HTT, but I'm still experimenting with higher clocks and HTT.

2901small1mx.jpg

mosfet6ne.jpg

cpufan2wn.jpg

174idle8vo.jpg

I am taking it slow, because it seems kinda strange to give it that much voltage, but she doesn't seem to mind yet, so I am not questioning it, but I do want to test out the best configuration. Since the cooling is still holding up really well, I will probably play around with it quite a bit at this voltage, but again, I am superstitious and want to make sure that the AS5 is doing the best it can, and that things are stable overnight, and under various conditions . I don't want to kill anything, even though it would be kinda fun, I want to know it is fairly stable.

the 4 pin that i was using was the wrong one lol.. it was the one that attaches to the 20pin to make a 24pin. pulled out the multimeter and checked another 4pin which ended being the right one and bingo :) kinda weird because its not like i forced the other one in either.. anyway, just glad no damage was done!

Congrats! Update yer siggy so we know what yer runnin' ;)

no way in the world it is worth it. if you are itching to upgrade hold out for the agp r520 (def coming) or an agp 7800 gtx/ultra. (maybe coming)

actually, the 7800gtx's are available now (or were this morning) newegg had 3 different brands for $599 plus $5 s/h

all right left work early, just waiting for nlite to finish so i can tear apart this box and drop in my ultra-d and 4000...

be back soon hopefully :tooth:

Sucks the motherboard is not running stable at stock speeds. Try using a different bios or messing with ram timings? Also, do you have a friend with a dual channel board? It could be that your ram will not run dual chan. Have you tested for that ?

And if you still are not happy get a dfi NF3-Ultra. As you can see you have the support and hopefully there is as many bios updates and betas as the dfi NF4.

Alright, a little update from me.

I've achieved 315 HTT, I stopped there, but I think it can go higher.

My Sandy went to 2.9Ghz (air cooled) on about 1.6v.

After a good BIOS is released, I can see this board flying. I achieved 28sec SuperPi 1M @ 290x10 @ 2.5-2-2-10 w/ 166 divider (Ballistix 2x512).

I achieved 28sec SuperPi 1M @ 290x10 @ 2.5-2-2-10 w/ 166 divider (Ballistix 2x512).

You beat my 1MB by a second. I was at 2.5-3-3-7 (241Mhz) 290x10, and i only got 29s. Grrrrr. Need...lower....cas to ras delay....