NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

At what voltage? 1T seems to be pretty insane at those speeds and the timings are good too considering the speed.

I assume you got the Rev2s that are TCCD before they switched to TCC5s?

Yes is the rev 2 PC 3200 @2.9volts and yes they are TCCD. I Can hit the result whit 1x512mb 1:1

spi316sp0ec.jpg

Whit another Cpu i Hit 320 mhz @1t @2.5-4-4-7

Bye

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes is the rev 2 PC 3200 @2.9volts and yes they are TCCD. I Can hit the result whit 1x512mb 1:1

Whit another Cpu i Hit 320 mhz @1t @2.5-4-4-7

OCZ Platinium Rev.2 (TCCD) is what I'm planning to get . . . and I'm sure they'll work great on the nF3 Ultra-D once the bugs are corrected.

Finally up and running!

Cant seem to get more than 235 x 11 (2.6ghz) @1.5 + 0.3 vcpu and 2.8 vdimm with 2.5, 4, 4, 7 2t. (TCCD gets surprisingly hot though).

Currently playing with bios settings and only running memtest to get a feel of the system settings.

I am curious what Angry has found out :rolleyes:

Sig will be updated soon..

Giasan: post some bios shots if you can

Finally up and running!

Cant seem to get more than 235 x 11 (2.6ghz) @1.5 + 0.3 vcpu and 2.8 vdimm with 2.5, 4, 4, 7 2t. (TCCD gets surprisingly hot though).

Currently playing with bios settings and only running memtest to get a feel of the system settings.

I am curious what Angry has found out :rolleyes:

Sig will be updated soon..

Giasan: post some bios shots if you can

Bios shot of the DFI NF3 Ultra-D??

If you ask for this MB i can, but whitout any setting, just what can you see in the online manual.

I you want i do.

known bug. waiting for a fix from TW for it and all the other things that seem to be wrong with the bios.

please make a sig like post #2 in the critical sticky explains.

Done.

Good to hear I'm not the only one who noticed this. So all you people who couldn't boot with 1T, did you try my suggestion of setting Twr to 2?

known bug. waiting for a fix from TW for it and all the other things that seem to be wrong with the bios.

please make a sig like post #2 in the critical sticky explains.

Angry,

Will the new BIOS be up at DFI's Global website or made available just here?

Just wondering, as in their BIOS area, they don't even list the motherboard.

Hi guys/gals,

I hope everyone is nice here because I am simply a newbie to DFI, so forgive the lame questions. I tried to read as much of this thread as possible, but 53 pages in one sitting is brutal. Anyway, I came here in my search of looking for a new, good AGP Nforce 3 board. This new one from DFI (Which I hear has a great reputation) is one that has features I need in a mobo. My questions/situation is this:

I have a gigabyte k8nsnxp-939 socket motherboard which I have despised ever since I put it in my new machine which I built late August of 2004. It was extremely unstable, and will still refuse to run stable in dual channel.

My questions are, if I get this board, will it be able to run with my powersupply shown here?: http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/vie....php?show=T51DX

Also, I am not an overclocker, and I am wondering what RAM will be compatible and run the nicest at stock speeds with this board (I want dual channel, and at least a gig). By the way, if I wanted to keep my current ram now, which is Mushkin dual pack (I think blue series) pc3200 2 sticks of 512, would it be compatible?

Finally, is this board stable at stock speeds, and not overclocked? I am hearing some problems about this board since it is new, but people seem to be overclocking, and I don't do that, so..any advice? Thanks alot guys.

My system specs are as follows: AMD 64 3800+, K8NSNXP-939, 2x512 Mushkin pc3200, 2x120 GB western digital SATA HD, Saphire RADEON x800XT PE.

Hi guys/gals,

I hope everyone is nice here because I am simply a newbie to DFI, so forgive the lame questions. I tried to read as much of this thread as possible, but 53 pages in one sitting is brutal. Anyway, I came here in my search of looking for a new, good AGP Nforce 3 board. This new one from DFI (Which I hear has a great reputation) is one that has features I need in a mobo. My questions/situation is this:

I have a gigabyte k8nsnxp-939 socket motherboard which I have despised ever since I put it in my new machine which I built late August of 2004. It was extremely unstable, and will still refuse to run stable in dual channel.

My questions are, if I get this board, will it be able to run with my powersupply shown here?: http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/vie....php?show=T51DX

Also, I am not an overclocker, and I am wondering what RAM will be compatible and run the nicest at stock speeds with this board (I want dual channel, and at least a gig). By the way, if I wanted to keep my current ram now, which is Mushkin dual pack (I think blue series) pc3200 2 sticks of 512, would it be compatible?

Finally, is this board stable at stock speeds, and not overclocked? I am hearing some problems about this board since it is new, but people seem to be overclocking, and I don't do that, so..any advice? Thanks alot guys.

My system specs are as follows: AMD 64 3800+, K8NSNXP-939, 2x512 Mushkin pc3200, 2x120 GB western digital SATA HD, Saphire RADEON x800XT PE.

I think if you've read through here enough you have a pretty good idea of what may occur and be prepared for it. You can always wait a little longer to see if they release a bios sometime soon to address some of the "quirks" ;)

Your PSU selection should be fine...PC P&C makes some of the best from what I've read around here...Though I might put an eye toward something with a modular 24 pin 12v connector...

Thanks for the kind remarks guys. I was basically just wondering if it runs stable in stock without overclocking, and what RAM works well with it. I have tried to sift through as many pages as possible, but I just can't read the whole 53 pages with full concentration. A lot of the problems people are having seem to be from overclocking, so I was just wondering if I don't overclock, should I be fine?

BTW, about the videocard? It was extremely pricey and overheats unless its absolutely free of dust. I'm thinking about a new cooler and heatsink on it, but in short, a decent card but I will NEVER buy saphire again.

EDIT: Yes, I have tried, and updated all bios, and still the thing fails and crashes when I am in dual channel. The board is completely stable in single channel, but sucks in dual. I also don't care too much for the layout.