NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

EDIT: Yeah I've had that bookmarked for quite some time now :) but this is my first AMD64 system so it's only now that I can even use those timings (my XP-M was using the nf7 board so no DFI options there either)

I've got AMD64 tweaker but haven't messed with it as of yet

Actually is johnrr6 (sorry for that johnrr6) with help from Angry Games which set up 'DFI NF4 BIOS Memory Guide' you can find it here:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11397

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well got me nf3 ultra-d today, along with my 4000 sd (cabhe 0518 wpmw)...

but after a 15hr day at work im not feeling like setting it up, especially since i gotta be back at work in 8hrs...

as soon as i get it running... i'll load up bf2 :nod:

Yeah!! congratulate, it's a very nice board I think and with a 4000 sd even better, let us know your results please.

You may wanna edit yer last post and remove your phone number :) Most every active member in here is pretty good people but you never jnow who's lurking. Same goes for email addy's...don't post personal stuff on the internet ;)

I swapped out HSF's a month or so ago and forgot to plug the 4 pin back in. Worked okay for a few minutes until I started running prime :P"Gee, what's going on with my 12v rail????" :eek: No harm done thankfully...

Old guy, after being told i went home and tried plugging it in, now the 4 plug has little attachments on one side that it could sit in the slot but it wont fit because the 20pin is in the way, so i turned it 180degrees so it fit, then i tried to power on and nothing happened ! :-x i hope i didnt accidentally put it in reversed and damage any thing.. ugh so i guess im stuck waiting till tmrw for my dad to come help meh, do you think that couldve caused significant damage? it didnt power up or anything but i did press the power button

Silver Fox - A lot of people are having issues with the whole 1T thing....mine will post with 1T but as soon as it hits the blue windows WELCOME screen it BSOD's even when I put it to ridiculously loose timings.

Currently I'm having to use 1.55 + .3 trying to get 2.55GHz stable....I surely hope that the BIOS has wrong settings and is actually undervolting and 1.6 that's being shown to me is closer to the real voltage, because the thought of 1.85v through this 3200+ venice to try and get 2.55GHz stable honestly disappointes me :(

What kind of speeds and voltages are the rest of you folks having to use?

1. The BIOS can't add Trp right. You set it to 2, it's 3. You set it to 4, it's 5. Wondering if it's just me or is this happening to everyone.

known bug. waiting for a fix from TW for it and all the other things that seem to be wrong with the bios.

please make a sig like post #2 in the critical sticky explains.

Old guy, after being told i went home and tried plugging it in, now the 4 plug has little attachments on one side that it could sit in the slot but it wont fit because the 20pin is in the way, so i turned it 180degrees so it fit, then i tried to power on and nothing happened ! :-x i hope i didnt accidentally put it in reversed and damage any thing.. ugh so i guess im stuck waiting till tmrw for my dad to come help meh, do you think that couldve caused significant damage? it didnt power up or anything but i did press the power button

The plug will only go in one way my friend unless you absolutely mash it in there :drool: So have you gone from it powering up the fans and stuff to absolutely nothing now? No red lights on the mobo? You should have one light up in the right corner and one in the lower left corner. If neither of those is lit you've got no juice. Power switch on the PSU toggled on?

Silver Fox - A lot of people are having issues with the whole 1T thing....mine will post with 1T but as soon as it hits the blue windows WELCOME screen it BSOD's even when I put it to ridiculously loose timings.

Currently I'm having to use 1.55 + .3 trying to get 2.55GHz stable....I surely hope that the BIOS has wrong settings and is actually undervolting and 1.6 that's being shown to me is closer to the real voltage, because the thought of 1.85v through this 3200+ venice to try and get 2.55GHz stable honestly disappointes me :(

What kind of speeds and voltages are the rest of you folks having to use?

1.55 +.30 at 2.75g's and testing...Smart guardian, CBID and CPU-Z all show right around 1.6v in windows as well as the bios. Corsair CMX512 and PQI turbos have no problem with 1T, only my OCZ TCCD...

The plug will only go in one way my friend unless you absolutely mash it in there :drool: So have you gone from it powering up the fans and stuff to absolutely nothing now? No red lights on the mobo? You should have one light up in the right corner and one in the lower left corner. If neither of those is lit you've got no juice. Power switch on the PSU toggled on?

wen i went home and plugged the 4 pin in ( before this the comp would power up cpu fan, etc but no picture) and it slid right in there easy as pie with the clips facing left and i pushed the power button and the red light came on for a sec, then nothing... i pushed the button again and the same deal... maybe i was just to unsure to push the button all the way... felt like my tornado was blowing out the wrong way tho (even tho arrow pointing the right way )..

1.55 +.30 at 2.75g's and testing...Smart guardian, CBID and CPU-Z all show right around 1.6v in windows as well as the bios. Corsair CMX512 and PQI turbos have no problem with 1T, only my OCZ TCCD...
Hmmmm =/ I got mine at 1.5 + .4 right now, it's showing 1.65v 2.55GHz seems to be running prime95 stable now under those conditions whereas it wouldn't with 1.55 + .3 like you have now, man I really wanted to hit 2.8GHz but now I'm not so sure about it, however I can't get down now since the board is in dire need of a BIOS revision, so once a few things get smoothed out (as well as my CPU getting burned in as it's only been running for 4 days now :P so I guess I shouldn't jump to conclusions) hopefully it'll allow for a smoother OC........in regards to the 1T issue just simply won't work for me....I put it within the manufacturer specified timings and voltage for 1T too, but like I said BSOD at windows welcome screen

Ahh well, I suppose 2.5GHz until a BIOS revision comes out isn't too shabby....2.55GHz is running fine right now so hell maybe I'll be able to finish off the night at 2.6GHz :D

:nod: Oh man, i've been waiting for a post like this. I hope it's stable. I'll be hopefully getting a Venice 3000+ which does 2.8GHz on an NF4 soon, and if I can pull of 1T with my ram (OCZ Plat R2 TCCD) i'll be so damn happy. Can't wait to hear how it goes after the testing :)

Edit: Realised you said that you WERE having troubles with 1T on the OCZ TCCD. crap. If i'm stuck with a board that has troubles with high HTT's (Neo2) and a board that cant handle 1T (Ultra-D) then i'll be slightly miffed. However i've got quite a bit of confidence that this can be resolved :)

Cheers,

---dens

Dens - this is for the Nf3 board....so if you're going to be using an Ultra-D then obviously the 1T thing won't apply to you

Man I'm having to use 1.55 + .4 to attempt to get the 3200+ venice at 2.6GHz......I'm hoping in some weird way that the BIOS settings are just being 'read' wrong or something and that 1.75 is closer to the real voltage that's being shown as oppose to actually thinkg of 1.95......that's just way too much Vcore for 2.6GHz.......gonna be disappointed if this chip is requiring that much Vcore for 2.6 honestly =/

Dens - this is for the Nf3 board....so if you're going to be using an Ultra-D then obviously the 1T thing won't apply to you

Man I'm having to use 1.55 + .4 to attempt to get the 3200+ venice at 2.6GHz......I'm hoping in some weird way that the BIOS settings are just being 'read' wrong or something and that 1.75 is closer to the real voltage that's being shown as oppose to actually thinkg of 1.95......that's just way too much Vcore for 2.6GHz.......gonna be disappointed if this chip is requiring that much Vcore for 2.6 honestly =/

I'm kinda going by "feel" :nod: ...And from what I've seen in the OC data base. Almost every 939 in there is in the 1.6-1.63 range which is what we are seeing reported (at 1.55 +.30) rather than what we "think" we have set.

I couldn't get my OS installed until I changed my voltage to about 1.425. My system will boot now with no problems if I set it at the voltage defaults with no overclock. It doesn't take very long at all to bsod when you start trying to OC just a little which leads me to believe it truly is undervolting. As an example, trying to set voltage down to 1.350 and then an increase of +.30 (at 2.6g's) will bsod but setting it to 1.550 +.10 will boot no problem and is stable. So to me , the voltage increase table is just plain buggered up...

So I'm just gonna continue on my merry way with my twisted little feel good theory and see what this puppy can do ;)