NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whit my OCZ Plat rev 2 Pc 3200 and DFI nf3 250Gb i can Hit 310mhz @2.5-3-3-7 @1T.
At what voltage? 1T seems to be pretty insane at those speeds and the timings are good too considering the speed.

I assume you got the Rev2s that are TCCD before they switched to TCC5s?

Hank - that's a cool video, I had never seen that or heard of AMD doing that....I remember when that whole 'sky typing' was first being seen too quite a few years ago but besides the demonstration about what it was and the 'future of skywriting' I had never seen it again......crazy stuff.....although I wonder how many were looking goin 'What the hell is that!?'

Currently priming my board btw....been going 4 hours at 230x10 at CPU Vid = pass through with voltage adjustment at .2

Running 1:1 of course.....nothing huge but I'm breaking this thing in slowly especially since I know it can be very picky.

This is with a 3200+ venice....2.5-3-3-7-2T at 2.7v is what my RAMs running right now....I figure those timings will allow me to go up pretty far without adjustment and just need voltage here and there.

Anyone running the OCZ 3700 EB on this Board.

I dont have the money for new ram right now. So i´ll get a venice and the nf3 ultra-d first and later pick some nice ram for better timings.

is 3,2v definitly the max vdimm? i heard about a new bios with more than 3,2...

...and Hi by the way :)

Guest bobyjo

What's wrong with the 3700 you have. If you want to maxout the OC'ng, you may want something in the 4000-5000 range if you have major $ to spend.

Do you know how the memory you have at present will perform? I may suggest that you try what you have, it may surprise you.

Are we even talking about the same board!?

The chipset has a fan on it....therefore it's active cooling, not passive.

Alright, you pessimistic moron. Don't assume my current postcount mirors my IQ. If you read my post without looking for something to pounce on, you might have seen that I said I was going to take the fan off of it, and put it on a old Socket A heatsink, since the passive cooling was so bad on this motherboard

Hmmm nothing ground breaking at all but the OC bug finally got me...I'm going to continue going a little further tonight but thus far I got

220x10 = 2GHz

2.5-3-3-7-2T @ 2.7v (running 1:1 of course BTW, see sig for RAM, it's TCCD with BrainpowerPCB so it's good to go...manufacturer guarantees it up to 466 with 1T command rate so I figure 2.5-3-3-7 will give me headroom to get up to around 250MHz before I'd need to start either adding more voltage or tweaking it)

At 2.15GHz Sandra memory benches reported 4973/5006 which seemed kind of low to me, bandwidth efficieny of 72% =/

This is coming from 4650 at stock speeds though so it seems to be about 100mb/sec gain per 50MHz on the CPU, or otherwise 5MHz FSB increase.

SuperPI has gone from 43.7s stock 2GHz to 40.5 at 2.15.....I'm running 2.2GHz but I was running prime95 for a little bit to ensure it was at least a little bit stable at it's current voltage before I knock it up another 5MHz so I haven't run superPI at these speeds yet.

I left the CPU VID at VID Pass mode and have just got the voltage adjustment at .1+

We'll see how it goes, but I think I may stop at around 2.3GHz, consider myself lucky that I didn't have to reset the CMOS and prime it so I atleast know a base for which the system can run.

Like I said I know it's not a ground breaking overclock, I don't claim it to be, but I'm starting off slow since I know this board isn't exactly user friendly right now :P

220x10=2Ghz? 40 seconds Pi times ?!?! And you picked MY post apart. You had better not try to reply because I eat kids like you for breakfast. That RAM and mobo hate you for not being able to overclock them if you had a gun to your head.

TCCD at 220 will do 1.5-2-2-5, and at 2.5-3-3-7, if you intend to use this board at all, it will do 300 easiliy. VID pass mode with +.1v = not enough voltage to make a lick of difference. Try 1.475 +.4, that will give you the headroom you are looking for. If you have such nice RAM and a decent chip, USE THEM, or don't get on my case for using mine.

There is starting off slow(ly), and then there is starting off as a total n00b and workingyour way back up to slow. You have some decent hardware, don't be too man to stop and ask how to acutally use it, since it desperately wants some help in achieving greatness.

I don't mean to come off a little bitter, but I wasn't sure if Nubius (apt name might I add ;P) is the resident sarcastic flamer. Give me some credit, I managed to turn my computer on.

No one jumped on the big mistake I made that I had posted, though: I switched my RAM from the oranges to the yellows, but dual-channel mode is 1 yellow, 1 orange. Maybe someone would have gotten that one in time, but n00byus sprang into action a little too quickly. I wonder how many others are turned away after 1 post because of superheroes like you, Nubius.

Alright, you pessimistic moron. You had better not try to reply because I eat kids like you for breakfast. nt hardware, don't be too man to stop and ask how to acutally use it, since it desperately wants some help in achieving greatness.

Might consider reducing the testosterone-replacement gel and increasing the thorazine.

Might consider reducing the testosterone-replacement gel and increasing the thorazine.

I'm tired of painful applicators and messy creams. I need a lasting solution, with a simple application, designed for people like me, who live busy lives. Wouldn't it be great if there was such a product? Wait you say thereis? Tell me more!

Guest bobyjo

Which fan are you attempting to regulate?

Why are you so hung up on Speedfan?

If you have a temp probe installed in your system, cpu, memory, etc.

These come with voltgage regulaters so as the speed of a fan can be varied by adjusting the voltgage going to that fan.

Do you have this fan attached this way? If you do there is no reason you could not regulate the speed of that fan.