NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the 4th Rma there is no Nf3 Ultra - D in my Case and never will be.

For my old AGP there is now a Dual Sata 2.

After 2 Hours !!!(not 2 mounth) tweaking it's exactly the same Result that i have with Nf4 Sli - D.

Thats Budget Overclocking , I Like that but not the Nf3 Ultra- D

376 pages of comments are notable.

I am very satisfied with my NF3 Ultra-D it works great, I had some 1T issues when I first go the board, but thanx to OLD_GUY everthing is working great. 3700 San Diego @ 2.7ghz ram @ 1:1 245mhzX11

i just added a booster recently, guess what i've discovered? :P

stability of the system increased, with less opportunity to fail in priming, especially on higher clock. ;)

might be wrong thou, coz i just switch to 705 bios on the same time with the additional of the booster > could be the bios factor. :)

for those bh-5 users, in case you guys didn't notice bout the news, here's something to give attention for (taken from xs, thanks BigToe):

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=79509

While trying to find my max HTT, I decided to lower my LDT/FSB ratio. For some reason it won't let me set a LDT ratio of 2x. Why????????????????? :confused:

I can't boot at 2x regardless of any other settings, even with low HTT of like 250.

Another thing that slightly irks me is the fact that HTT maxed out at around 325. If I set it to 330 it posts but won't load windows.

While trying to find my max HTT, I decided to lower my LDT/FSB ratio. For some reason it won't let me set a LDT ratio of 2x. Why????????????????? :confused:

I can't boot at 2x regardless of any other settings, even with low HTT of like 250.

Another thing that slightly irks me is the fact that HTT maxed out at around 325. If I set it to 330 it posts but won't load windows.

x2 will be a problem on any nF3 board. Stick with x3. And ask owners of other types of nF3 boards whether they would like to be able to go up to HTT 325! That's pretty good mate!

Well in this review, the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum got to 355HTT, while his DFI NF3 Ultra-D only got to 330HTT. Hrrrm... I guess I should be happy with what I got.

I haven't benched this out yet, but which of these would see better performance:

9x318HTT | 166 divider | ram at 260.2 3-3-2-5 | cpu at 2862

or

10x290HTT | 166 divider | ram at 241.7 2.5-3-2-5 | cpu at 2900

How should I test it? SuperPi runs? What else?