NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Angry_Games & OldGuy - What were your preferred switches when flashing? I know you posted it WAY back on a much earlier page in here and I used it once before but have forgotten...was it simply /f and /cc ?

I believe I'll be making the move to 705 soon...tired of the cold boot, and want to see if hopefully I have some luck with it :D

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bobyjo

I don't mean to but in here, but if you use the .exe flash file, it will create a new floppy disk with all the files and switches that you need.

Starts with a clean format and then writes the files to make a bootable disk, then the flash files all in one operation.

IMO::the best way to go.

well, i was going to flash to the 711 bios until last night. while playing the hardware-intensive game of solitiare, my system 'popped' and shut down. unfortunately, the mb had a violent and quick death. i'm attempting to rma the board to san jose today. i had to put the crappy gigabyte board that i was having so much trouble with back in. i'll use it until the replacement dfi board is here.

You said a few days ago that this wasn't a board you felt was worth investing in at that time. I'm most likely going to be picking one up in the next few days. Are you now feeling more confident in its abilities?

nope, not yet. i am still not a fan of this board. I am giving it the good old American try though (have been for a few weeks)

Angry_Games & OldGuy - What were your preferred switches when flashing? I know you posted it WAY back on a much earlier page in here and I used it once before but have forgotten...was it simply /f and /cc ?

I believe I'll be making the move to 705 soon...tired of the cold boot, and want to see if hopefully I have some luck with it :D

i only use awdflash + the bios bin file, and i only use the /F/CC switch. Nothing else.

haha i just noticed 266x100...that would be a massive clock now wouldn't it?

266x10 is what i meant, but i just can't seem to find the stable point...

i only use awdflash + the bios bin file, and i only use the /F/CC switch. Nothing else.
Thankya kindly, the /f and /cc was all I was wanting to confirm :D I don't bother with the winflasher or that diamond easy flasher or whatever it's called myself either.

I don't mean to but in here, but if you use the .exe flash file, it will create a new floppy disk with all the files and switches that you need
Nah, it puts in a ton of switches in that...I'm aware of that .exe file and all, but I'd rather do it the tried and true old way :D

Guest bobyjo

I like the old way too. I had better results with the format, file thingy. That is why I recommended that. Seems as though this board is a bit picky.

It's quiet in this threat now

All young Grasshopers are disapointed?

I not dissapointed... Me havein too much fun to chat... Primeing 9X 310 166 dividerAt the tune of 2808 MHZ from a little 3000 vinny.. My self I am loving this board.. Got my routine down and Banggin away @ some clocks... Think after some Burnin time this board will rock hard for a AGP board...... Havin more fun that one person should be allowed to have...Yeppppp

It's quiet in this threat now

All young Grasshopers are disapointed?

No disappointment...just a mini break for me. I popped the heat spreader off my Newcastle 3000+ and givin it another shot on my 250gb. It was just sittin round collecting dust so I figured what the hell. Still saddled with a crappy memory controller but it's running cooler with a bit more voltage and I've (crossed fingers) got close to 100mhz more out of it. My favorite thing to do is wake up to prime 95 failure after 7+ hours ;) I might go heatspreader crazy and pop the top on my Sempy and then my San Diego...I'm already pumping more voltage than I care to through it and haven't got a clue how hot or cool it's really running so I say screw it. 2.75g's aint enough :D