NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Personally I stay away from the low mulitplier CPUs. I have a 3200 Winchester that would benefit from having a 10 multi. Since it's limited to a 9 multi, I was never able to get the max CPU performance out of it.

Hi guys I hope someone can help me Im ordering this board tommorow But have two diiferent setups I can get with the mobo its either Amd 64 3700 sandy with ocz 3200gold(not vx) with boosters powerstream 520 or Amd 643200venice with G-skill 4400le powerstream 520 both come to about the same price here in europe and I dont mind high voltage.

Any help would be appreciated im leaning towards the 3700sandy setup.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been away for two weeks, just flashed 0711 and so far the difference is brilliant over 0629, far more stable. Not sure whether I'll be able to get the same timmings with my RAM as I did on my DFI NF3 754 board.

Will carry on testing :)

Thx ExRoadie so I should go for the sandy right.The ocz ram can go to 260mhz with 3.5 vdimm what would be the oce on the sandy at 1.1divider?

My self I would go for the Sandy Or the 3200 or up Venice... If you are going for Monster clocks for gamming useage I would go with the Sandy for the extra cach and Higher multipliers.. You can always dropp the multiplier down If you use it for

More memory dependent Applications.. and go for overclocks ussing higher HTT.. IF you are going for price I would go for the 3200 Vinny.. they are cheeper , Clock like crazy, (atleast the ones I have used have) Have a 10 multiplier but lower Cach...

So it always depends on intended usage.... Want lowed Memory clocks and a higher CPU clocks , that you can also lower Multiplies and use higher memory clocks... the Sandys are the way to go

Going for high clocks on CPU and memory 3200 up Venice cores , are cheeper and clock like crazy

OPINIONS subject to change with out Notice!!!

Thx for your help I can only get either of these setups I know Ill probably get the 3700 sandy to 2.6 ghz at tight timings or more with the OCZ 3200 gold and with the 3200 venice with G-skill 4400 Le ill probaly get higher but with looser timings Im a gamer so what would be the best?

Thx for your help I can only get either of these setups I know Ill probably get the 3700 sandy to 2.6 ghz at tight timings or more with the OCZ 3200 gold and with the 3200 venice with G-skill 4400 Le ill probaly get higher but with looser timings Im a gamer so what would be the best?

I would go for the 3700 Sandy for gaming... and run menory timmings as tight as possible

Xiled do you have resistor or not, and which bios do you have?

Can i remove this resistor? Is it good or not?

tnx

All removing the resistor does from what I have seen is report the voltage more accurate.. Removing mine done nothing for stablility.. Just showed the voltages closer to what they are actualy are... Didnt do a thing for undervolting... IF that is what you are needing to know?

That would depend on many different factors.. But I cam get MY 3700 Sandy on my Lanparty nF4 Ultra D easily past 2800.. MHZ Havent tried it on this board.. But with the extra cach all other things being the same .. the 3700 Sandy should out perform the smaller cach Vinnys..

Thx Blinker so a sandy 3700 at lets say 2.6ghz with tight timings would perform better than venice 3200 at 2.8 ghz with looser timings?

The timings would play a part but 'tight' and 'loose' are quite subjective.

Basically, (assuming timings are the same) an extra 512K L2 cache isn't going to compensate for a 200 MHz speed defecit, except maybe in 3D Mark 01 (which seems to really like cache, memory bandwidth and clocks over timings). If the 3700+ SD was rated for games it would weigh in about at 3550+, if you look at benchmarks against the Venice.

Personally I went for the SD for two reasons; almost assured decent overclock and multis up to 11x.

I'm currently testing my memory at 285 MHz 1:1, with timings 2.5-4-3-8, which are quite loose but the bandwidth makes up for it. If I were to use a divider, my memory could be running at say about 240 MHz but if I could only tighten the timings to say 2.5-3-3-7 then it wouldn't be worth the drop in speed.