NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Just a quick question directed at everyone who has flashed to 705/711:

Has everyone who has flashed to these BIOSes used a bootdisk to flash it via a DOS prompt? So far because I had my USB key stolen and my main floppy drive is now dead I was wondering if people have only had problems with 705/711 if they've flashed the BIOS using Winflash or similar.

Just a thought.

---dens

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick question directed at everyone who has flashed to 705/711:

Has everyone who has flashed to these BIOSes used a bootdisk to flash it via a DOS prompt? So far because I had my USB key stolen and my main floppy drive is now dead I was wondering if people have only had problems with 705/711 if they've flashed the BIOS using Winflash or similar.

Just a thought.

---dens

For my case, nothing works. I didn't flash for floppy. I have a FAT32 partition and boot my comp using a bootable CD and run awdflash from the partition. I also tried using winflash, same problems.

I don't think there is a problem with winflash cause I used winflash to flash back to original BIOS and everything works fine.

Now, I am wondering if I shoulod RMA the board.

I have now tried the 7/11 and I get the same result as with the 7/05 change just one setting and its ok initially then once I try to change a second setting regardless of what it is the hard drive starts to make odd noises then its a case of having to clear the CMOS.

Back on 6/02 again with cold boot issues again when I overclock the board.

J

I am running 711 ok so far. No cold boot safe mode. I set voltage ok. I am

interested if anybody oc that cause not to post and what was done after.

Dont think this is a solution for all but with mine... I had to let it boot several times before I could make changes. after the first boot it would take a long time to post.. I would give it time to post then go in Genie and set HTT from 349 HTT to 200 HTT.. boot a couple of times then for the first few changes I would change things slowly and boot into windows each time.. then was able to change BIO's settings at will

Some times when you use load optimal settings It turns off some things.. USB keybpoard support being one of them, And floppy drive also.. OR it did in my case.. after manual setting them things were good to go

Well as hard as I tried, I couldn't get 333 x 8 to work. After about half an hour to 45 minutes of StressCPU it just fails :( This is with the ram at 277MHz 2.5-3-3-7-2T (1T failed Memtest after one loop of loop 8 - despite knowing that these modules can do it).

Hmm, I've still got the memory in the yellow slots, so I may move them back and have another go soon.

Pi 1M runs weren't much of an improvement, but having to run 2T really took a hit in benchies. Damn so tempting to put it on the watercooled Neo2 ;)

---dens

Damnit system is not stable, it crashers in BF2 after 10-30minutes....

I can run super pi and 3dmark05 but in bf2 it only last about 30 minutes.

ummmm maybe i should up the voltage on the ram, it was set to 2.8v I'll try 2.9v.

Damnit system is not stable, it crashers in BF2 after 10-30minutes....

I can run super pi and 3dmark05 but in bf2 it only last about 30 minutes.

ummmm maybe i should up the voltage on the ram, it was set to 2.8v I'll try 2.9v.

Try 200 7.8 TREF and bumping the voltage to 2.9v won't hurt a thing. I'd run memtest to make sure it has a positive effect...

So the ram dividers do not work? I was thinking about getting some low latency DDR 400 and a Venice 3000+. Will I be forced to loosen the timings and run the ram 1 to 1 to be able to overclock, or do the dividers work?