NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Well, aside from the incorrect VCORE/TEMP settings, this BIOS is completely stable and fast for me.

I even got to 245x11, which I could load before in Windows, but games would crash.

2500 pages with over 120,000 reads and did you say you were stable?

Well, we can all go home now, hehe, j/k

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, aside from the incorrect VCORE/TEMP settings, this BIOS is completely stable and fast for me.

I even got to 245x11, which I could load before in Windows, but games would crash.

Me as well but we have the same CPU's I wonder if there is something to that.

In lieu of a board 6 weeks out and time is transpiring, I have friends. I am willing

to file class action against dfi with punitive damages in a "a priori" knowledgable

distribution of faulty merchandice that could corrupt and destroy sensative and

valuable information on a computer system that could consequently cost

consumers in both time and informational damage in a normal operational state.

Sounds complex, but its simple. A simple filing in state court that can lead to federal action.

I am going to persue this. I will let you know. Should take a 2 weeks to file the

briefs.

I've done this twice, never a mobo. It's not a negotiation. Its a flat out file for

protection. Thats the time the judge asks for names:

If you have been injured, you will want your name on the list. Monetary damages

in class ammount to an average of tripple of your initial layout, mostly in promisory

tenure.

I have saved this entire thread via my screen scrapers. It will be enterred into

evidence for initial relief request.

Admin's if you delete this thread, you could be charged with obstruction.

Guest bobyjo

I have had some expierences with a flash not working as it should.

When you flash the bios and afterwards you cannot set the bios to what you wish.

This is simply a bad flash. Either the bios file is corrupted, or the download did not go as it should.

The only advise I could give you is to download again, possibly ftp download if available, and try again.

FTP downloads are much better than any other in my expierence. If there is any ftp downloads for DFI, try that if you have a good ftp manager to download with. I have used the same one for several years and never had any problem. Not saying my usage is any better than yours. It just has worked well for me. FTP Voyager is what I use, but my daughter uses Cute FTP and likes that program. Whatever works for you is good.

im running pretty stable now at 280x9 with mem 3:2 ratio using stock bios. i also installed this in all the wrong ways.. swapped boards, rebooted, reinstalled nforce drivers.... I don't know why you are so excited that you want to sue... just suck it up, after all mr early adopter.. who else is gonna take the hits first? Obvisouly you or you woulda waited.... jeez. class action suit cause one bios release isnt stable... *shakes head* and people wonder why angry is angry all the time.

im running pretty stable now at 280x9 with mem 3:2 ratio using stock bios. i also installed this in all the wrong ways.. swapped boards, rebooted, reinstalled nforce drivers.... I don't know why you are so excited that you want to sue... just suck it up, after all mr early adopter.. who else is gonna take the hits first? Obvisouly you or you woulda waited.... jeez. class action suit cause one bios release isnt stable... *shakes head* and people wonder why angry is angry all the time.

Grand Theft Auto 3

The boards flaw is a design flaw. Some guy was sitting at a table and reasoned that this little resistor of some type needed to be at that spot on the board when he came up with the design, they didnt' accidently put the wrong resistor on every board. When the were making them all they probably thought everything was being done according to spec and that the spec people were engineering the process with thier experience and education. I'm not sure how many design flaws there are in it beyond just the resistor. The parts are probably quality parts though. How these things were not found by the quality control division is unknown to me, perhaps the test results were within the specifications AMD called for and if that is the case AMD should have better tested thie rcpu's.

Well, I think if you are having problems with cold boot you will probably have more problems with 705 bios than 602 because the voltage is even more screwed in 705 than 602. The actual voltage going to the cpu does not change from 602 to 705, just the voltage reading itself. That means the default voltage for 705 is even LOWER than 602. Isn't that exactly the opposite of what should have occured? They wanted to bring the reading closer to reality and raise the default voltage but this is not what happened.

The boards flaw is a design flaw. Some guy was sitting at a table and reasoned that this little resistor of some type needed to be at that spot on the board when he came up with the design, they didnt' accidently put the wrong resistor on every board. When the were making them all they probably thought everything was being done according to spec and that the spec people were engineering the process with thier experience and education. I'm not sure how many design flaws there are in it beyond just the resistor. The parts are probably quality parts though. How these things were not found by the quality control division is unknown to me, perhaps the test results were within the specifications AMD called for and if that is the case AMD should have better tested thie rcpu's.

Actually, the VCORE reading with 602 for me was under 1.2 on default.

With 705, the VCORE reading was 1.25 default. Still lower than the 1.35-1.4 spec for an X2, but still, better.

The board has been more stable now, I just need better ram.

I do think that a BIOS update will fix the problem. I have seen it done befor so give them time.

Once I get better ram I'm going to try it with the vapochiller.

The board has been more stable now, I just need better ram.

I do think that a BIOS update will fix the problem. I have seen it done befor so give them time.

Once I get better ram I'm going to try it with the vapochiller.

What are you having to run your memory at now Rico?