NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to remember that there are almost as many transistors in the chipset as there are in the processor. 40C idle is pretty good while 55C at full load is OK.

60C is a fairly high temp for the chipset but they are designed to handle up to 90C peak.

So my temps are actually higher than the BIOS says they are???

Wow then I'm running about 40C idle. Thats f***in embarrasing at stock settings.

Is this right? Surely it can't be.

So my temps are actually higher than the BIOS says they are???

Wow then I'm running about 40C idle. Thats f***in embarrasing at stock settings.

Is this right? Surely it can't be.

dont beleive the bios they arent right

acording to my temp probe i am around 29 degrees c if you do the conversion from F to C

My BIOS says between 19c and 55c it cant make up its mind

Yea but seriously, most people are reporting 30-38C on STOCK cooling, and I'm running an XP-90 and a TORNADO with Arctic Silver 5. That can't be right.

A solution would be as suggested by RH aka PG is to set your shutdown @60c

Yea but seriously, most people are reporting 30-38C on STOCK cooling, and I'm running an XP-90 and a TORNADO with Arctic Silver 5. That can't be right.

Can you trust with a faulty BIOS that this shutdown temp is working correct? when others users have far lower temps, with abouth the same rig and conditions (ambient temps etc.), check the CPU with a probe or use you finger!!, when it is or feel to hot ... Ouch..!!, refit the CPU cooler. Or maybe it's the CPU! it can have a poorly contact between the CPU Core and the IHS? :D

NvMonitor and Speedfan both show about 47C while priming, but the most I've seen is about 50C. :cool:

Thats ok, AMD says 70 degrees is max on 9nm rev E cpu's

Set your max temp shutdown in your bio to 60 , problem solved.