NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

It was ON MY LIST of GET FIXED from the FIRST report I gave to TW nearly two (2) weeks ago.

RGone...

A.G & Rgone

Could u guys add this to your list of bios issues. It looks like it might be a sata raid-0 issue or voltage.

Thanks.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously a multimeter is going to be accurate compared to a monitor from the motherboard....however....look at what he posted and what you posted....they are damn close to the same which is what we call "margin of error"

Yours is pretty much doing exactly what his multimeter is showing....it's only off by a tiny amount which generally the voltage is fluctuating when you monitor it anyway......my monitor seems to be producing close to his findings so I'd assume the monitor is pretty damn close to reading the actual voltage, but whatever is told through the BIOS is not actually being supplied

He told about 1.550 +.2 = 1.635 when I read 1.56 in the bios , so it's not totaly the same , and the error margin seems to me to be to high , there is 0.075v difference.

I am new to 64 platforms, have a nf3 socket 939 board, venice 3000 cpu, generic ram, r9800 and audigy sound card. Using clockgen it freezes or reboots if the htt is set above 245. I have tried lowering the processor multiplier, the htt x2, and the memory to 100 with no results. I have tried bumping the chipset voltage to max. Have I missed something or do I have a lemon?

Same thing happens to me in BIOS after 245...246 becomes unstable and is hit or miss, and anything beyond that either wont POST, or gets started in the POST then locks up. im only using 602. Should I flash? Seems like 6.29 is a good one...

Also, are there RAID problems? I have 2 SATA drives that were running RAID0 on my other mobo yesterday and now when i try to enable it, the nVraid only sees one drive. POST only shows one drive also. but when i Disable RAID, POST sees em both...Im using SATA ports 1+2.

Thanks

I get the SAFEMODE! Message when i try to turn up my fsb to 270+ x11 anything below that boots fine, worried about bios though.

Have you tried dropping your multi to 10? It seemed to me last week when I was trying different settings that 11 was most prone to throw the old "safe mode" message with the official bios. Haven't had any time at all to try OC'ing the betas but I had pretty good luck with the official 602.

Until last night :) Threw two new hitachi SATA II's into the pot going RAID 0 and had plenty of weirdness trying to install/get everything going...

Anyway, a multi of 11 seems to be most sensitive unless you creep up on the bus speed 5~10mhz at a time. If you just drop the hammer and go from 200mhz to 240mhz~260mhz~270mhz, etc, you'll probably hit alot of "safe mode" messages...

Guest bobyjo

You might try these settings::

Set the HT to 3 (start off)

Set memory divider to "166"--

Set the multiplier to 9 (startup)

Set the HTT to 250.

See if this works without any problems.

If it is OK, then set the HT to 4, then retest, if OK, set the HTT to 255, if OK go to 258, if OK go to 260 and so on.

This way you can see how things are going with your cpu and memory.

If your cpu dosent want to go as high HTT as you may want, up the multiplyer to 10 and retest.

I would not go over 10, I think you may be asking for trouble if you do.

Just remember start low, gradually go up and retest.

Do this over and over and over. this is time comsuming and tiring if you do not have patience.

Same thing happens to me in BIOS after 245...246 becomes unstable and is hit or miss, and anything beyond that either wont POST, or gets started in the POST then locks up. im only using 602. Should I flash? Seems like 6.29 is a good one...

Also, are there RAID problems? I have 2 SATA drives that were running RAID0 on my other mobo yesterday and now when i try to enable it, the nVraid only sees one drive. POST only shows one drive also. but when i Disable RAID, POST sees em both...Im using SATA ports 1+2.

Thanks

HTT 2X didn't work on my NF3 754 nor does it work on the 939 with the 602...Just set it at 3X. Something AG told me with regard to my 754 and I've just stuck with that for now on this rig...

Saw the same things last night until I used a disk manager utility to prep the drives, both new and unknowns to me. You also may want to use ports 3 and 4. Still a little sketchy. Got some really weird things while rebooting like nvidia boot manager, mac address gui messages?? Can't remember what all cuz it was gettin late but it wasn't much fun. I am running raid 0 right now channels 3-4 but haven't tried OC or anything else for that matter.

My apartment looks like a computer convention that was hit by a tornado so before I get back to testing the ole 939 a good housecleaning is in order so's I don't start flashing my 939 with a 754 bios :D

OK, made some progress with tRCD=4...

Specs

DFI LP nF3 Ultra-D

0602 Original Bios

Winnie 3200 CBBFD 0433

2X256 A-Data Vitesta DDR600 Slots 1&3(orange slots: see board marking)

200 1T 2.5-4-3-7 (all the rest on auto)

Vdimm 3.0V

Vcore 1.7V

Windows2000 Pro

Maze4 Water block on CPU

Stock cooler on nF3 chip

Western Digital 20Gig IDE 7200rpm

Allied 450Watt PSU

Boot-up screen:

dfinf3ultra063005-1.jpg

1 pass of Memtest86:

dfinf3ultra063005-2.jpg

Windows tests

dfinf3ultra063005-3.jpg

The test setup:

dfinf3ultra063005-4.jpg

Hi guys

well, for me that's OK now ( 2nd day now that computer runs quite fine)

according to Hoot's post, i set my vcore to 1.475 in order to obtain 1.41 Volt.

(i didn't do that before because i didn't know how to set it in order to obtain stock voltage).

now i can run my mobo at stock 200x11x4 with 1T timings without issues.

i just want to list crazy thinks i noticed with stock Bios :

1- Can only enter Bios @ cold start. Bios Home Page Entering only done after

onboard RAID scan then my SCSI controler scan over.

2- When i restart Windows, mobo posts but don't Bip.

It just Bips at cold start.

3- HTT x5 doesn't work (crash in all games)

4- Fastwrite has to be disabled (was working fine with NF2 platform...but maybe

that's OK for NF3 platform because of the in cpu memory controler, NF3 Rooky).

5- core voltage sensor is quite crazy and voltage selection is an holly chit.

really cool to blow up you sweet brand new cpu...

6- Sometimes, when i save Bios Settings and Exit, the computer goes blank screen

and mobo doesn't post. Only thing possible is shutting down.

7- no fail safe settings with insert key at cold start.

8- my BH5 sticks did 230 and little more with NF2 platform at 2.82 V and now when

i try raising bus speed, the computer crash entering windows with 220 Mhz

speed and vdimm 2.9 V - 1T Timings 2.5-3-3-6 - HTT x3 - cpu x9.

Just really hope memory management will be enhanced in next official Bios.

Well, i think that's OK for me, if i've missed something i will edit.

Hope it will help ...

Please, does anybody have a good link talking about BH5 and timings with DFI mobos ? (maybe i'm too Rookie with DFI timings and NF3 Platform...)

Place your sticks in the "SAME" colored slots. IE::slots 1&2 will be dual channel. 3&4 are suposed to work in dual channel also, but I read that most people are gettin excellent results in "1 & 2".
The same colored slots = 1 & 3 and 2 & 4 not 1&2.....both orange slots are slots 1 & 3.....look to the left of the dimm tabs and each slot is labeled....it doesn't go up 1,2,3,4, in an order like that.....slots 1 & 3 (both orange slots) or slots 1 & 4 ( both yellow) = dual channel.

Also, are there RAID problems? I have 2 SATA drives that were running RAID0 on my other mobo yesterday and now when i try to enable it, the nVraid only sees one drive. POST only shows one drive also. but when i Disable RAID, POST sees em both...Im using SATA ports 1+2
You should use SATA ports 3 & 4 the ones closest to the CPU.....as far as I know those are the only ones locked.

HI guys i'm new to DFI motherboards. I was running an asus K8N with a 64 2800, i bought this dfi lanparty ut nf3 ultra-d and a venice 3000. fired it up with my kingston value ram and it seems to be working fine at 240X9. The ram speed is 400mhz since 240X(333/400). Its working really good so far, duel channel works fine. The board seems solid. I KNOW this board has potential because the nf3 chip can easily do 300mhz on my socket 754 board. it doesn't seem to go over 250ish well. at 260 it doesn't boot... its probably the LDT needs lowered come to think of it. or a voltage bump or some kind of setting. not sure I just assembled it. So far i like it. You can probably get a decent oc with this board if you know how to mess with it... it has to go over 260 no doubt the nf3 can handle it.

dfi lanparty ut nf3 ultrad venice 3000

evga 6800

512X2 kingston valuram in duel channel