• Koolance
    • Cooler Master
    • Lian Li
    • Antec

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which big tower do you recommend? It should have plenty of room, good ventilation, not too expensive. I don't need a flashy one, like side window, led's...

Just a big functional case.

Regards, Partizan

a big case of any quality is going to cost you some $$$

i wanted a CM Stacker for a long time but refused to pay $160+ for one...until i could really afford it...and now that I have it...I'm glad SOOOOO glad i saved up for it and bought it!

I'm a fan of the Chieftec/Chenming cases :)

Do some great cases, and at very reasonable prices.

i was just looking at those, there price is very "do-able". still i have yet to find something compairable to the cm stacker

btw: aren't they the same as the alienware cases? they look super close. and antec makes one very similar too.

I have the Performance One with window and a SuperLanBoy.

They are very equal in cooling with the rear fan reversed.

The P-160W is my personal favorite since it is larger and doesn't have a door on the optical bays.

antec p160-w or p160, antec super lanboy

i found a place to get them refubished w/ no side window for like 80$ shipped.... donno what refurbished intails tho.....

The CM stacker? Where?

I currently have the Antec Sonata. It's a very nice case, but too small for adequate cooling. I'm thinking about getting something larger and was thinking about the stacker. At $80, I could stop thinking and actually get it!

CJ

Look at this!

Antec TX1050B ATX Full Tower Case w SP2 500W Modular PSU from $115!

The Legit Bottom Line

Antec's Performance TX1050B is the perfect case for anyone who needs a durable chassis. With excellent cooling and enough room to hide a small child, it fits any need, except the ability to use it as a LAN party rig. the inclusion of Antec's SmartPower 2.0 makes this an incredible deal.

http://www.legitreviews.com/article.php?aid=200&pid=5

Antec specs: http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=61050

Review: http://www.legitreviews.com/article.php?aid=200&pid=1

Antec SP2 550W Modular PSU: http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/show...ad.php?t=172713

Pricing: http://legitreviews.dealtime.com/xPC-Antec...6d85240274b9fbe

GREAT DEAL :angel:

i was just looking at those, there price is very "do-able". still i have yet to find something compairable to the cm stacker

btw: aren't they the same as the alienware cases? they look super close. and antec makes one very similar too.

Yeah i think a lot of these cases are just rebadged or modded versions of the Chieftecs. I've noticed some of the Thermaltakes have a very similar look too...

For a nice big case you can get the Chieftec Dragon Server Case for $87.99(maybe cheaper somewhere else) which aint bad. Classic cases the Dragons :) Not as nice as the CM Stackers though but then again they are nearly half the price...

Check out the Chieftec website. I have the BX-01 B-B-B on that page. They come with inbuilt filters. Gave mine a good clean out last night, couldn't believe how much dust the filter had picked up :D

Yeah i think a lot of these cases are just rebadged or modded versions of the Chieftecs. I've noticed some of the Thermaltakes have a very similar look too...

For a nice big case you can get the Chieftec Dragon Server Case for $87.99(maybe cheaper somewhere else) which aint bad. Classic cases the Dragons :) Not as nice as the CM Stackers though but then again they are nearly half the price...

Check out the Chieftec website. I have the BX-01 B-B-B on that page. They come with inbuilt filters. Gave mine a good clean out last night, couldn't believe how much dust the filter had picked up :D

i agree the thermaltakes are simillar but much different, the front panel on most thermaltakes are 1 piece, instead of 2 like that one.... also i wasn't too happy with the quality of some of the items in my thermaltake it's suppose to be screwless, but i prolly got about 40 screws in it.... and the pci card locks well 1 broke the 2nd time i used it, it's not wide or tall enough by far either, but hell you can fit 6 5 1/4's and 4 3.5's in it but wiring will be a mess like mine....

so therefore sofar it's looking like a cm stk or a antec.

I bought my first Lian Li case over 3 years ago; it was a PC 60.

You can look at it here.

My wife now has her computer in this case; I have a Lian Li V1000B which you can see here.

I should have bought a Lian Li v2000B, as I have far too many hard drives :D . You can see the V2000 here.

I have looked at the Antecs, the Cooler Masters, the Thermal Takes, et al, but none seem to have the build quality of the Lian Li's. The Lian Li's don't look as glitzy as some of the popular cases, but that is a good thing :) .

ricey