[moved to BIOS Factory section] NF4 5/10 Beta BIOS

I have to ask this, may be stupid, but still:

I recently flashed to 5/10-1 and it seems that my cpu now have a higher limit. I was settled with the fact that my 3500+ had its limit at just below 2600MHz, but now it seems stabe even at 2650Mhz, i did change memory at the same time that i flashed, but that sould have nothing to do with it, since i tried different multis and fsb to find the cpu's limit.

So, question, can a new bios effect the cpu's MHz limit (not system max fsb or memory's setings, but just the cpu's max?)

EDIT: well, just took the time reading the whole thread (pretending to do some important work in my office) and beleive i now can answer my question on my own;

Yes.

(..and sorry for making this thread longer than it had to be)

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in my Genie Bios in the DRAM configuration i dont have de option "Command Per Clock", please help me i dont understand why :confused:

btw - i use 310 bios 03/10/2005

you wont see that unless you flash to 414 or 510 (oskar put it back on those bios revs.).

What Bios is the best to my rig :confused:

AMD SD 4000+

DFI Lanparty nf4 SLI-DR

2x512 Mb Mushkin Redline Extreme XP 4000 (in orange slots)

XFX 6800 GT 256 Mb

Hitachi SATAII 250 Gb

WCooled by Tt Bigwater and powered by Aerocool Aeropower II + SE 550W active PFC

and the best and saffety away to flash the Bios :confused:

sorry bad English

btw- is my first time with a AMD config

Hi,

Is the N4D510-2.zip also fo my DFI NF4 SLI-DR? Where can I find the How To Flash BIOS Guide?

My setup is as System 1 in my signature. I just kind of finished my workbench with great help from my beloved partner just 30 mins ago. ;)

Thanks a lot.

click the link in my sig. download bootable ISO(s) for flashing (follow onscreen instructions for flashing).

there is also instructions for burning the ISO(s) in the post.

there are 'manual' flashing instructions in the post as well.

always load optimised or fail-safe defaults b4 and after a flash.

I'll flash tonight as well. 509 works with no issues but seemed like 310 could get me higher.

310 working like a dream but hoping the newer bioses will be better for "E" cores and my BH-5.

Hopefully the 4000 San Diego will arrive tomorrow and a flash to 510-2 will let me move to yellow and get even better performance. I wonder if these bioses are meant to make value type RAM work better and I am wasting my time.

Angry, did you ever try the 310 with your 4000?

How do you do and run Bios update.

I'm very new to all this