Socket 939 Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's another one for the wall.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...6&postcount=358

Many thanks to all the members tips and suggestions along the way. I would say I am hooked, and already lookin forward to my next project. BTW any probs with the OCBD entry just lemme know...

not that it could be a problem to me atleast, but on your everest screenie your prime95 window is blocking the Memory Read results :/

eitherway, nice results and keep on burning! :)

Have a question about the OCBD entry. I have added an other video card (SLI) plus got the Monsoon II.

Still testing but stable at 245x12 thats a better OC then I could get my old but recycled CNPS9500.

Should I edit my first entry or creat a new one?

Have a question about the OCBD entry. I have added an other video card (SLI) plus got the Monsoon II.

Still testing but stable at 245x12 thats a better OC then I could get my old but recycled CNPS9500.

Should I edit my first entry or creat a new one?

create a new one,..

You would edit only when you have changed BIOS settings & you create a new one whenever you change a piece of hardware; in your case you didn't replace your hardware but added a new video card to apply SLI. I would create a new entry so that others can see the difference in SLI and none SLI setup using the same hardware.

Guest LithoTech
What's the website to check if your RAM is BH5 or whatever else it may be?

Also, everytime my RAM goes above 220mhz I start getting errors in stress tests. Whats generally a safe voltage to push it to?

What does OCZ rate yours to?

For BH-5 you should be able to go at least to 3.0 or possibly 3.2V with overvolt protection or whatever they call it, that's pretty much maximum any motherboard can do without going to the 5 volt rail like the DFI mobos do when you flip the jumper. My BH-5 is rated to 3.5v for warranty, and that's where I have to run them to get them to 260mhz. I have one kit that will do 240 at only 2.8 volts, but another kit that basically needs 3.2 volts to do anything past 215 or 220 iirc, and they barely make 250 at 3.5v. But a sweet 250 at 2-2-2-5 it is. :)

I found this stumbledupon months ago, for what it's worth it's pretty much true.

Here's a good way to identify Winbond chips:

If your sticks can't do tRFC 12 stable, they aren't BH-die.

A regularly updated list of ICs:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=415294

Here is a massive databank of BH-5:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35598