Socket 939 Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angry (or anyone that can answer)- when I get my 7800GT next week, I'll be running my benches again (but not before trying out battlefield and a few others). So should I just update my previous post in the OCDB, or have a new post with the new numbers?

Angry (or anyone that can answer)- when I get my 7800GT next week, I'll be running my benches again (but not before trying out battlefield and a few others). So should I just update my previous post in the OCDB, or have a new post with the new numbers?

I would guess that since that will not change your actual OC that they would not want you to update it. Higher bench scores is not what this section is all about.

you will need to re-run the entire suite of tests again with the new video card, but you can just update your previous entry with the new info and screenshots.

you could always try for a higher overclock with the new card installed, or possibly with different memory etc and do a completely new entry, but if you just change a vid card, or use the exact same hardware and get a better overclock, you just do all the tests again and then update your existing entry

This is about the OC every component is it not?

no, this is about overall system stability while overclocking. It is not really a 'highest overclock' bragging rights thing...it is however much you can overclock with stability and then listing your components + settings so as to help guide others along to their overclocks (I use Thunda's TCC5 settings all the time to test my overclocks, and if my testing fails, I just adjust a little here or there based on my previous experience but Thunda is better with TCCD than me so I tend to use his DRAM timings as a baseline at 260+ with TCCD/TCC5)

no it is correctly named the Overclocking Database

an overclock is nothing if it is not stable, so cannot be considered an overclock

a stable overclock is the only good overclock

the point isn't to have a penis-measuring contest as to who can get the best scores

the point is to show your stable overclocks so others can use them as a baseline or starting point or guide

not sure why some still do not understand this

ok, 2 new entries, some PC4000 2GB kit and my 4000+ San Diego...freakin awesome

then 4x512MB Centon Advance TCCD (that stuff we sold at the top of the forums for a week a little while ago) on my X2 4400+

(I saw Thunda dropping an OCDB entry in after my earlier one so had to snub him with 2 more new entries haha)

The OCZ PC4000 Gold stuff is fantastic....i had it @ 240x11 on the X2...just got to dig those screenies out of one of the hard drives.

;)

2750 is a good OC on air for the Sandy...Your memory should definitely be running better. My XP3200 redlines will do 250mhz 2-3-2-6 with 3.4v (they memtest error free up to 256mhz)...Your TRC looks to be too tight. I'd loosen that to 10 (TRC to 12 and TRFC to 14 even better) and TRRD to 3 or 4 and Tighten TRWT to 2 if you can...

What are your load temps on the Sandy right now?

Got the new XP-90 in and put in the Enermax last night. Made the changes to the timings you suggested and it runs now with a 9/10 divider. Wouldn't do 1:1 though. At 3.3v it errored in Prime immediately, if I upped the voltage it just rebooted trying to load Windows. With my CPU running at 39C under load now I am going to push that processor up some more tonight and take teh divider back down and see how far I can get this thing to go on air.

Any suggestions to get that Redline3500 going a bit faster. 9/10 has it running at 225.

Got the new XP-90 in and put in the Enermax last night. Made the changes to the timings you suggested and it runs now with a 9/10 divider. Wouldn't do 1:1 though. At 3.3v it errored in Prime immediately, if I upped the voltage it just rebooted trying to load Windows. With my CPU running at 39C under load now I am going to push that processor up some more tonight and take teh divider back down and see how far I can get this thing to go on air.

Any suggestions to get that Redline3500 going a bit faster. 9/10 has it running at 225.

Here's an A64 screeny taken at 251mhz about 6 wks ago...These setting were good for 256mhz memtest error free...

redlinesettingnf37546qq.th.jpg