Socket 939 Discussion Thread

Thanks. I'll take a look.

Keep in mind this is on my LP NF3 250gb so you have more memory settings to play with...Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing :D I just put my Sempy/Redline combo back together over the weekend so I'll be revisiting the memory settings to see if I can tighten anything up while I'm trying to squeeze a little more out my naked Sempy. Glad I came across this screen shot this morning.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the point isn't to have a penis-measuring contest as to who can get the best scores the point is to show your stable overclocks so others can use them as a baseline or starting point or guide

not sure why some still do not understand this

ya, I totally agree. If it was a penis measuring contest, I could've tested the 1,000+ other possibilities with my system, and tested each 10 times, and saved each screenshot, then you all would have to fold (LOL-JK!!). I tried what I had, and it was stable, and I posted the very first results I got. But regardless of what you call it, or what the purpose of it is TO YOU, or what you want it to be to others, people are going to compare the numbers. If you had the same equipment, and tried the same settings, and your results (from benchmarks and real world apps of course) were very much lower, you would have to try something else, even if your system was currently stable and overclocked. Then you would have to post those new settings, so that they may help someone else, get a starting point, or baseline.

my last entry on my main rig with OCZ PC4000 the benches were very low on 3dmarks because of the drivers...all of these new drivers are not nearly as good as the 76.41 beta drivers for my SLI benches...but all of these new drivers allow games like BF2, Dungeon Siege2 etc to play better...so benches are not really important to me other than making sure my rig is fully stable

Keep in mind this is on my LP NF3 250gb so you have more memory settings to play with...Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing :D I just put my Sempy/Redline combo back together over the weekend so I'll be revisiting the memory settings to see if I can tighten anything up while I'm trying to squeeze a little more out my naked Sempy. Glad I came across this screen shot this morning.

LOL. Probably a little of both. More to tweak, but more variables to throw in the mix to mess things up. ;)

wow you live in Canada and only have a 56k???

thats believable, but really hard to believe since I've heard that canada has the highest broadband rollout in the world...(a lot of you guys get 10Mbit lines too grrrr)

In Sweden 8-10mbit is more or less standard nowadays :D

We have a couple of places in Stockholm and Gothenburg with 100mbit lines but not many.

I am working on getting my rig up to the database. Just need new RAM so that it´s complete.

Yeah I have tried everything with those sticks. Nothing works on them. Dunno why but I have new ones on the way

Kingston KVR's need to be run at 2T to function at 200mhz (and if yer lucky slightly above...woohoo :D )

Kingston KVR's need to be run at 2T to function at 200mhz (and if yer lucky slightly above...woohoo :D )

I think I tried that but will give it another go. My new memory sticks won´t arrive until late next week the earliest so I have some more time to mess around.

Crucial PC4000 BallistiX Tracer 2048MB C₪Kit w/two matched :D

Edit: Did some more testing and put it on 2T as you said and its working on 204mhz now. Running Memtest atm but atleast the comp is starting now :)

Timings are: 2.5-3-8-3 2T 2.8V

Edit2: Well didnt pass memtest so now I have timings on 2.5-4-8-4 2T

I think I tried that but will give it another go. My new memory sticks won´t arrive until late next week the earliest so I have some more time to mess around.

Crucial PC4000 BallistiX Tracer 2048MB C₪Kit w/two matched :D

Edit: Did some more testing and put it on 2T as you said and its working on 204mhz now. Running Memtest atm but atleast the comp is starting now :)

Timings are: 2.5-3-8-3 2T 2.8V

Edit2: Well didnt pass memtest so now I have timings on 2.5-4-8-4 2T

3-3-3-8 2T 2.6v...They don't like voltage

then 4x512MB Centon Advance TCCD (that stuff we sold at the top of the forums for a week a little while ago) on my X2 4400+

(I saw Thunda dropping an OCDB entry in after my earlier one so had to snub him with 2 more new entries haha)

The OCZ PC4000 Gold stuff is fantastic....i had it @ 240x11 on the X2...just got to dig those screenies out of one of the hard drives.

;)

Haha.. Im working on another one.. :tooth:

Awsome job with those Centon's AG..