Socket 939 Discussion Thread

First of all, thank you for restoring the post and linking the images. I would have been happy to change the images to links had I been given the opportunity. As for the sizes, you are correct, they were too large. I'm not sure how I managed to screw that up. I apologize and withdraw my earlier statement that they were the correct size. Thanks again for restoring and correcting it.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did a 24 hour prime 95 test without errors, seems like the settings are solid, just need help to post them as im very new at this.By the way i did take a screen shot of the 24 hour prime 95 test in hopes my rig would be worthy of the data base of overclocked rigs ans its settings.

New one, but only different cooling. Other hardware is same. Should I change old one or leave both in?

if only your cooling changed, then just edit your original entry.

if you use the same exact hardware but get a better clock out of it, then just edit your original entry

only if you change cpu or memory should you make a completely new entry, but there is room for compromise there (ie: if i use a 754 NF3 with only a single stick of TCCD @ 333x8, DDR166 divider, then again but with TWO sticks of TCCD @ 275x8 @ DDR200 divider, that would warrant a second entry)

Just posted on the S939 DB thread. I trust format is ok?

looks ok to me....did you switch profiles for SLI for each different benchmark? The 03 and 05 scores are phenomenal, but your 01 and Aquamark scores are actually lower than mine with a single 7800GT (I'm working on 2x512 OCZ BH-5 + 2x512 OCZ VX4000 @ 2-2-5-2, 240x12)

it looks good though, and again, this isn't a penis measuring contest so your benchmark scores are not a problem, I just wondering why Aquamark and 01 don't seem to take advantage of SLI like 03/05 does for you (it does for me with 6600GT SLI's)

looks ok to me....did you switch profiles for SLI for each different benchmark? The 03 and 05 scores are phenomenal, but your 01 and Aquamark scores are actually lower than mine with a single 7800GT (I'm working on 2x512 OCZ BH-5 + 2x512 OCZ VX4000 @ 2-2-5-2, 240x12)
I'm not quite sure what's going on there - no profile switching done at all. All driver-level settings forced to maximum performance, and I ran each test one after the other so they are all done on th exact same hardware profile.

Saying that though, there are test cases where SLI actually impacts performance under certain scenarios (especially with the eye candy turned off, as it is in this case), but to score under your single 7800GT setup is surprising (unless you've got one heckuva 7800GT! :)).

Games seem to run according to spec though, so I'm not too worried. But yes, interesting results.

Thanks for pointing it out - had not realised they were low till you mentioned.

Am going to upgrade my Plats to a Ballistix kit shortly (cheaper!), OC em and then revise my entry. That will be it then.