Socket 939 Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2t isn't a divider as I know it. In my bios, I have the divider and cpc control. So if ram is on 2t, then I don't understand what divider this is.

I was refering to cpc (commands per clock)...No dividers were used. Memory is 1:1 at 303mhz. I was just pointing out that it takes a command rate of 2T to do it...

Fight Game: good job, thanks for fixing that up. looks good ;)

Old Guy: I'll get around to using what you have as a template and add it as an attachment to the rules here etc

BiBi: good job, it looks great. I used the DDR150 divider on my 754 NF3 to get 2660 and there's nothing really wrong with it. Can you try looser timings on less of a divider? That OCZ you have is TCCD/TCC5? If so, take a look at THunDa's entry on the second page and see what timings/settings he used to get 264 @ DDR400...upping your divider to DDR166 and getting more clock out of it might be feasible :)

OK, I hope I got it right this time.

Would a new CPU Heatsink and PSU be a new post or a modified post? I just changed to a Thermalright XP-90 and should have my new Enermax Noisetaker 600W tomorrow. I am hoping the two of them help me push this thing further. I really need to work with my memory more. I know it should be able to do better than it is. I just have to find the time.

OK, I hope I got it right this time.

Would a new CPU Heatsink and PSU be a new post or a modified post? I just changed to a Thermalright XP-90 and should have my new Enermax Noisetaker 600W tomorrow. I am hoping the two of them help me push this thing further. I really need to work with my memory more. I know it should be able to do better than it is. I just have to find the time.

2750 is a good OC on air for the Sandy...Your memory should definitely be running better. My XP3200 redlines will do 250mhz 2-3-2-6 with 3.4v (they memtest error free up to 256mhz)...Your TRC looks to be too tight. I'd loosen that to 10 (TRC to 12 and TRFC to 14 even better) and TRRD to 3 or 4 and Tighten TRWT to 2 if you can...

What are your load temps on the Sandy right now?

2750 is a good OC on air for the Sandy...Your memory should definitely be running better. My XP3200 redlines will do 250mhz 2-3-2-6 with 3.4v (they memtest error free up to 256mhz)...Your TRC looks to be too tight. I'd loosen that to 10 (TRC to 12 and TRFC to 14 even better) and TRRD to 3 or 4 and Tighten TRWT to 2 if you can...

What are your load temps on the Sandy right now?

I'll try those this week. Thanks.

They were running up a little over 50C with this voltage. I had it up to 1.64(which is all my PSU would give me) and they were around 60C. That was before the XP-90 and AS5 though. Playing a game last night the temp stayed below 40, so I am hopeful that I can push it more now.

is it possible to overclock my 3700 sandie to 3.3ghz if i use ddr600 ram

with a 30000btu AC blowing into my comp case? lol

this is a serious question lol

uhhhhhhhhmmmmm....sure. Why you running those XBLK's so low? Loosen em up and let em stretch thier legs at DDR600!!!! If you loosened em just a little they'll easily do 250+......................

im only running them so low is because

I just built this machine

i wanna "burn in" all the parts

my room still smells like warm plastic after 2 weeks of thwarting around

i honestly dont wanna just piece everything together then slam the voltages to 1.5 cpu 2.8 ram lol and find something blew up after a day of work and a couple hours of cpu testing

but ill eventually try to bump it all the way to ddr533

im only running them so low is because

I just built this machine

i wanna "burn in" all the parts

my room still smells like warm plastic after 2 weeks of thwarting around

i honestly dont wanna just piece everything together then slam the voltages to 1.5 cpu 2.8 ram lol and find something blew up after a day of work and a couple hours of cpu testing

but ill eventually try to bump it all the way to ddr533

Well when you do start fiddling with the ram I have a 2X256 and a 2X512 kit of the XBLK's and both sets peform their best at 2.9v...both will do DDR600 though the 2X512 needs to be at 2T in order to do it...Good stuff ;)