Socket 939 Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the official position is if you change settings you can modify your existing entry. If you change hardware you post a new entry. Since the database is to help others set up their systems I post new entries unless it's a very minor change. In your case I would do a new entry. Unless your timings were set really loose you will be making several changes to your current configuration.

Important ones for me are

XP - won't recognize HDD or RAID array larger than 137G

No USB 2.0 support

Security benefits in SP2

EDIT" But if you have an XPSP2 disc I think you can do the repair windows option and you won't lose slipstreamed RAID drivers or other goodies above but it will add add services you may have deleted in a slipstreamed disc.

they have a patch for usb 2.0

I would highly recommend SP2, especially if you are networked or spend alot of time on the internet.

However, to answer your question directly, you don't really need SP2 unless you fit into one of the catagories defined previously by SoundX. As a matter of fact I've still got a networked laptop that is running SP1 as the built in NIC refuses to cooperate with SP2 for some reason or another.

ok here my findings useing 01Se 03 05 and aquamark combind all the scores with sp1 I lose 751 point over XP but sp2 lose 3960 point thats a big loss. So miss Anitas gonna run sp1 for awile and see if she can tell any differents . with her new upgrade witch is the RDX200 and 3200+ vince as i got a grate deal on a nf4 UT SLI this last weekend :D for 49 euros returned to the store because of a missing I/O plate . Board still sealed

To one of the mods i had 2 legit entrys in the ocdb one on one day with a 2T timming.I messed up a did not realize it was set to 2T so 2 days later a did another one with a 1T entry and the 1T entry is gone.2 diffrent timming and 2 diffrent voltage so 2 legit entrys.Whats up with that.?Why did someone mess with it.I dont play games and screw with things so why someone messing with my things?

Here is my entry

streeeeeeeeetttttttwg0.th.png[/url]

Hey Guys,

I was just looking through the OCDB when I noticed that two of my screenshots are missing. After some imvestigation I realized that when I go to the "Edit" screen the code for the shots is there but the image just doesn't come up. So I went over to imageshack to see what happened, well the code is there as well but I'm unable to view the shots. I don't know if the entry should be deleted or if I should just wait a bit because they were working recenlty, I'm hoping that imageshack is just messed up at the moment? I have saved the entry info so if it does get deleted I can post it again once image shack restores my images? I just wanted to give a heads up.