Socket 939 Discussion Thread

Just got it stable @ 2.98... or I just made my OCDB for 2.98... While I was composing I ran all the 3Ds for 2.99... all stable, but I am going to try 273x11 and see if I can get 3G... It froze @ 300x10 in 2003, AGAIN... :mad: It goes to load then... black screen... just like it's doing now. :confused: I even have my RAM underclocked @ 231. It seems like both these 148s hit a wall right before 3G. :(

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!!! I'm SO close it hurts... I'm going to try likewhoa's suggestion above... I also need to browse for a system like mine... I keep forgetting. I only have 7+ hours at work now so I can't make the prime95 run till I get home, so i got soem time to figure this "Black Screen of Nothing" out... :rolleyes:

Habitz, Greetings and salutations... It's nice to see soemone that has a sig in their first post. That doesn't happen often. :D

Clear CMOS and see if it works. I've had that happen to me before when fiddling with my Expert.

I am one step ahead of ya, but really appriciate you pointing out that I am on the... possibly correct page... :D

edit:

:sweat: Whew... I almost shat myself. Never had that happen before. I was worried I found an endless loop. Can't boot because of a bad BIOS setting, can't get into BIOS, repeat... Why is there even a BIOS password it you can clear it? O, well. Thanks Voltes-5!!! We need more smilies so we can better express ourselves... :D

Just fired up my new expert board (thanks go out to cpdmf) so now I can work on getting my other opty 146 up to 3g's but it topped out at a little over 2900 in my ultra d. If you figure out that black screen let me know I would love to get 3200 on air.

Any luck yet allthatwhichis getting into BIOS?

O yea, that's what the edit above was for... I was worried...

10/4 oc newbie, I'll definatly throw some bells and whistles in that post. :D I can't boot ATM for some reason... :confused: have to go back to 2.98 for a moment.

edit

This thing just made the nastiest beep at me, far after post just before it should have gone into windows... :confused:

Well I guess I better try for a 3G OCDB with this god awful Mushkin Hi-Perf before I sell it back to someone as unsuspecting as me....

It's now on a 2/3 divider at 300x10. I resolved the off and on refusal to reboot at 300 by changing Tref from 3120 to 3640 (?), and keeping MAL/RP quite low surprisingly.

At least the 1t-2-3-5-2-7-12-2-2-1-2 timings even at 200 have helped my 3dmark scores.... Just wish the sticks could go past 203 on the same timings... or past 210 on any timings.

Priming now....