Socket 939 Discussion Thread

IMHO memtest86 is much better at testing RAM than Prime95 is, so I use that. Right tool for the right job sort of thing.

Memtest is excellent for verifying that ram modules are faulty. However, it is only an indication that the timings are close for the Windows environment. Ram can consistently pass Memtest with a higher overclock then Windows is stable at. Very seldom if ever will the processor, memory controller and memory together run at their individual max settings There is almost always a compromise between the three. This is where Prime excels.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AG - RGone - ExRoadie - DavidHammock,

Any particular reason my X2 4800 OCDB was removed from the database? I think I posted it about three - four weeks ago. Went to reference it today and it was gone?

Are the new rules that went into affect on Sept 20th concerning Everest Ultimate retroactive? Everything else would have been in order. Just PM me and let me know what was wrong.

Thank you.

nothing was done retroactively since the update.

Any deletions were done prior.

So you guys know how it works.

When a Mod or SuperMod deletes a post. or if a member deletes a post, it remains visible to other Mods/SuperMods/Admins. Called a "soft delete".

This allows posts to be viewed and checked and even made viewable again if need be.

But after a period of time, the Admin has to go through and manually "hard delete" (permanently remove) all the of these "soft deletions".

Random items are checked but most are simply deleted to keep the clutter down.

So all the spam posts, thread crapping, flames, trolls, posts without signatures, posts that were self deleted by the member posting, OCDB entries that weren't 100%, etc all go away (permanently).

Currently I see no "soft deleted/viewable" threads in the OCDB section and some others.

So they are gone.

Certainly no one was being malicious or trying to be mean.

Might even have been a mistake by one of us, doubtful but sheet happens.

Q: How come I wasn't notified that my post was deleted.

A: Cause the dog caught on fire, my Old lady smashed up the car, kid was arrested for dealing, two members were flaming each other in off topic, had 20 PMs to answer, I was on MSN, spammer123 posted in 6 sections with in a 5 minute period, 4 members posted "urgent" threads, 3 members had issues with deals in the For Sale Section, 9 members reported a "bad post", dinner was ready, the post didn't meet the requirements, and the neighbors's father's girlfriend's cat was sick.

(Besides, we're not required to PM a member on a deleted post.)

I don't mean to trivialize it, but while we try to be helpful we're not perfect. No one is.

I had an entry in the OCDB deleted, wasn't told why or notified, have to figure somethin' else was goin' on at the time.

So if it ain't there "no mo", chaulk it up to an unpleasent "life experience", double check the rules and your entry and post it again.

So let's go forward and keep adding entries knowing that it will help others.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.

I was just curious because I referenced back to it several times over the course of the few weeks after it was posted and it was there, in fact other forum members even linked it in other general threads discussing the X2 4800's.

I was just suprised when I went to look today and it was gone. I've went back and reviewed the content I had posted and the only two items I found that weren't in agreement with even the newly updated rules were that I had used Everest 2.2 and my 3DMark05 screenie also had a superPi shot.

Any hoot, thanks for the reply.

And keep in mind, I'm not whining, crying, stomping my feet or anything otherwise. Just wondered why it had disappeared.

Thanks again SoundX

As usual the guys here at the Street are right on top of things. For some reason all of my links over at ImageShack have been broken, and they were actually reverting back to previous OCDB entries that I've made that had nothing to do with my X2 4800 entry.

I've got egg on my face and I apologize for even asking questions in the first place. Now I'm off to rebuild my OCDB entry.

Sorry for the trouble.

The easiest way to check everything before you post is to send a Private Message to yourself and a friend.

It will show exactly what would be posted in the forum and gives you a chance to really give it a look before posting. You can even keep the PM saved as a reference.

Even if links are broken through no fault of your own, it may seem that you missed a test when it is being checked.

I've been having a lot of issues Image Shack lately as well. Make sure you keep you registration link handy.

Praz, you're absolutely right. My OCDB post was sqeaky clean up until about five days ago (maybe less than that because I actually copied the html and gave it to another forum member). Strange, this is the first time I've had an issue with ImageShack. If I could ever get my 5mb of storage working with my current ISP I guess that wouldn't be a problem, but for me IS and Uploadit have always been pretty trouble free.

SoundX, as usual you give solid advice and thanks for working this through with me. But I'd like to reiterate, that my post was clean up until my links broke.

Got my first OCDB entry......I think I did it right. I'm still learning all the ins and outs of this forum. I'd put a direct link to my OCDB entry but I haven't learned how to yet.........I just found where the 'advanced' search is "hidden" at the other day.

Edit: just figured it out. Link:My First OCDB Entry

if anybody is tired of imageshack breaking your images, privmsg me and I'll give you access to upload on my linux server.

on the Prime95 thing,.. I use Custom Blend and assign 900MB of RAM per core of my 2G total ram since windows doesn't really need more than 800MB to run and it most times will work with less. for Single cores with >=2G of RAM I would still use Custom Blend and assign the same amount of RAM.

on the OCDB, What I've been doing now since I have gotten multiple OCDB entries deleted because they was not valid, is Privmsg myself the code inside a the "

" tag as this will retain everything that way if my entry gets deleted I can just restore after making require changes. better safe then sorry, it takes 15mins to make an entry and I rather spend that time overclocking 

likewhoa,

that is a way generous offer and I may take you up on it if I lose another OCDB post because of a broken link. thanks a bunch brother.

cheers.

no problem, just make sure you upload pr0n, i mean don't upload pr0n but just lesbian pr0n, I mean I can't host pr0n :D actually you can't