OCZ Prime Stable Database (updated 2/06/2006)

I'm looking to build a comp with the specs in my sig. What would be the best OCZ ram for someone who wants to start doing some decent ocing. Also, if there is something else I should change, I'm up for advice and all that stuff. I'm going to be spending a decent chunk of change, so I want to make sure it all works out well. I've been doing some research for the past couple of weeks and have learned a lot already (about as much as you can learn without actually doing it yourself). Let me know what you guys think.

The OCZ Gold BH-5 PC3200 is good bang for buck and if ya got a bit more cash the OCZ PC4800 TCCD gets to at least 300MHz 1:1 @ 1T @ 2-3-4-7 :)

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need some help... Can anyone give me some good stock settings to try for my rig? (See Sig. Below)

I am not much of an overclockin enthusiast, I just want good solid/stable settings for my setup. This is going to be a major gaming machine, so I don't want any problems down the line when I am gaming heavily.

Thnx

I was just advised by AndyOCZ here to do the following:

Try these timings and voltages:http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/sh...75&postcount=10

I was pretty much in the same boat as you (no overclocking, nothing fancy). I was having random crashes, but so far they've gone away with these settings. I couldn't find a corresponding setting for the first "enable" setting mentioned on that page, but the rest were one-to-one.

I was just advised by AndyOCZ here to do the following:

Try these timings and voltages:http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/sh...75&postcount=10

I was pretty much in the same boat as you (no overclocking, nothing fancy). I was having random crashes, but so far they've gone away with these settings. I couldn't find a corresponding setting for the first "enable" setting mentioned on that page, but the rest were one-to-one.

The Link does not work....?

• 2 months later...

To be reading the whole thread, would take me several hours!

So I'm only hoping a DFI-guru will help me out here.

My 2x OCZ 1024 PC3200 Plat rev2 2-3-2-5 (bought 2 weeks ago), just won't oc as I hoped.

If I loosen the timings to 3-4-3-6, I can hit 225ish. And that, to me, seems really crappy.

Any ideas?

I've tried different timings, voltages, etc. No luck!

There is never any guarantee that any overclock will reach X amount and if you really studied the trends in memory you would have a great suspicion as to what is going on behind the scenes.

Early PC3200 Platinum was not pressured by the need to have memory grades of PC4000> PC4200> PC4800 and now even PC4800Elite and so forth all off the same general TCCD die or even TCC5. As the need for faster and faster has come about ALL from the same memory module the overclocking "headroom" has disappeared and memory of the speed you wished to at least attain became the normal to purchase as overhead is dissappearing as memory of greater and greater warrantied speed has come to the front and of course you now pay for speed.

You don't mention as I see it what speed you got out of later PC3200 Platinum Rev2 V1.1 if that is what you have but it will not just soar to the heights at PC3200 that it once would except in very few isolated cases.

RGone...

• 2 weeks later...

Fresh build. Just doing initial testing so I have done nothing in the bios except load optimized defaults. Running each stick seperately in the orange slot closest to the edge, both showed no errors in memtest86. When both sticks are in the orange slots there are LOTS of errors on test 8. The first time with both sticks it showed a lot of errors, now when I run again memtest actually hangs up in test 8...can't do anything but restart. The BIOS is 03/10/2005 as shipped. Will a newer BIOS fix this (if so which one) or is the ram looking guilty?

Thanks

I have OCZ PC4800 Platinum Revision 1.0, TCCD.

Slots orange

Big big problem for stabilise the OC with my old 3500+ NC, so i have change for a A64 3700+ week 526...

Better but some problem persist.

DFI Nf4 SLI-DR ,Bios: 704-2BTA

Chipset 6.65,6.66, i have try many..

Windows XP 64

First make run the memory for test under memtest is easy to have no errors during many hours at more of 600Mhz.. and CPU at more of 3Ghz.

300x10... 275x11

Under windows and specially Prime the max actual for me is 262x11 2.4-3-3-7 tref 4708. And again i mnot sure be totally stable.

Many time i have error during Prime version X64... The PC become really instable sometimes i low as at high speed.

I just have see something wrong appears soemtimes, after a crash, i have see in bios the Vcore is lower of configurate setting. 1.5x110-113% the Vcore show/report only 1.58 and be normally 1.65...

Reboot the PC ( control +alt+delete) and after this the Vcore is set correctly.)

If i try boot only at 285-290 x 10 the PC will reboot automatiquely after 1 min on windows. Same thing at 300x9 or 290x9, windows boot and will crash after oner minute... I will note the memtest seems stable after try setting and don't give me error after 4-5-6 Hours of loop test 8 + 5 and full.

Other thing it seems some setting working really fine have no works after again for me.. same setting same bios.