OCZ Prime Stable Database (updated 2/06/2006)

Hi all, I seem to have an issue running my ocz pc3200 rev2 on my new ultra d board, this ram is about a year old so I assume it is TCCD. my problem mirrors snakeeyes and many other guys on this thread. it constantly fails memtest #8 at rated timings, it will only pass if I up the voltage to 2.8 volts (bios indicates it as 2.84v) I'm running bios 03/10/2005, which I think is bios 310/p but I am not sure due to my lack of experience with this new board.

Initially I left settings on auto, but later tried raders suggested settings less bios flash but both required a voltage hike to pass memtest.

I'm only really asking this because my ram would run at around 2.6-2.7v on my old system with little fuss.

I have to say I'm amazed at the amount of OCZ support and expertises available on this forum. really impressive!

Cheers

You NEED to be using bios 510 or newer so it fully supports our revE cpu.. Check out the "NF2 AND NF4 BIOS FLASH CD + UTILITIES" link in my sig to flash using a bootable cd.. its very easy this way..

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi again, rather confused atm, I can only find the 623 and 310 bios on the dfi site, no 510 or 704, is there an alternative souse for these bios revisions?

also under the Release Notes for the 310 bios (which I assume I'm running) it says "Enhanced the support of Athlon 64 in version E3(Venice), E4(San Diego)" am I missing something.

also how do people know the bios name? all I'm going by is windows system information that gives you the bios date, then I match it up with what pops up on google with that date. My previous boards splash the bios version up on the boot up screen.

Thanks again

, I can only find the 623 and 310 bios on the dfi site, no 510 or 704, is there an alternative souse for these bios revisions?
Check out the "NF2 AND NF4 BIOS FLASH CD + UTILITIES" link in my sig to flash using a bootable cd.. its very easy this way..

:shake:

I should really stop skimming through links like that, I thought this was another method of flashing a BIOS, i didnt know the ISO actually contained all the BIOSes!!

my bad!

sorry I have to ask, what BIOS seems to suit TCCD on ultra-d boards, Tmod has given me so many BIOSes to choose from I'm now not sure which one would best suit my setup. Im guessing anything newer than the 310 BIOS will allow you to set the CPC setting, but which one gives best stability for my ram?

thanks again!

sorry I have to ask, what BIOS seems to suit TCCD on ultra-d boards, Tmod has given me so many BIOSes to choose from I'm now not sure which one would best suit my setup. Im guessing anything newer than the 310 BIOS will allow you to set the CPC setting, but which one gives best stability for my ram?

thanks again!

I would try the official 623 or the 704-2bta beta.. The 623 is offical and usually works good with all sorts of ram.. The 704-2bta is a beta bios that was modded by BigToe (an OCZ rep) to have some looser timings when first booting.. Sometimes this helps to get different types of ram to boot.. But the 623 should be fine if you want to stick to an official..

ok, flashed to 623-3 and used raders dram settings and now my ocz is happy running at 2.7volts 2-2-2-5 1t with 3 clean passes of memtest :D

cheers ppl!

just to note I tried raders settings less the bios 1st time around and it wouldnt pass error free with less than 2.8volts.

• 2 months later...
Guest Niksoftware

Hi my pc runs fine for memtest and prime95 at stock

But i bought this ram coz i wud like to overclock(see sig)

I wanted to lower my latencies @ddr400 and benchmark to compare to tight latencies at stock

But i cannot seem to raise the latencies at stock at all without windows crashing

However memtest goes thru its test past #1~5 fine

tried Vdimm @2.7 and 2.8 is fine at 2.7 for stock timings

Should i expec not to be able to lower my latencies?

Stock Combo's tried

CPC 1T Always

Tcl 2 2.5

Trcd 2 3/->4

Tras 5 9~13

Trp 2 3/->4

Trc 7 (from bios optimal) 14~16

Trfc Auto (optimal) 16~18

Trrd 2 (optimal) 3

Twr 2 (optimal) 3

Twtr 2 (optimal) 2

Trtw 3 (optimal) 2/3

Tref 3120 (optimal) 3120/Auto

Twcl Auto (optimal) 1/Auto

all further settings at loaded optimal

*Also Tried

Drive Strength @ 5/7

max async lat @ 8

read preamble @ 5

Dynamic counter off

16x->8x

7x->6x

'P.S.

'##############################################

I did get the ram running at 300 with 2.9+.03v with 2.5/4/4/11 I think

a while ago but i had most of the other settings at auto and had not loaded optimals since the last flash. and had to load em to get my cpu prime95 stable at stock volts

since then ive been able to oc my cpu see sig(i stopped there for now coz i was hitting 55c)

but i've had no luck gettin ram oc's while oc'ing my cpu prime95 stable.

!!!Now I can't lower latencies. Help Pleeze!!!