The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

aiit cool beans, thanks for checkin in and well since you made it and all, i will make sure to get all the info and post here. stuff liek nv driver 81.95, system specs, etc etc and a screenshot or 2. prolly later on after 9 central, or later cuz nip/tuck will be on oh .!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, check the values in the properties once more and report here.

Also double check that you have the right plugin and post the exact version.

Up untill now there hasn't been a single case where the values in the properties and in the MBM are different (but it is always possible)...

edit: and add your drivers version too.

ok well using "MBM5NVdriver_v7_0_sli.zip" in my MBM5 and opening the nvidia driver panel i see its displaying, in fact, the same temperature. i tried to screenshot it but the dashboard would not appear in any SS's i took. but the temps are correct as per the nvidia panel.

i guess i assumed it was cooler than that as the temps everest was giving me seemed to make sense (exactly -10 deg)

any thoughts why?

ok well using "MBM5NVdriver_v7_0_sli.zip" in my MBM5 and opening the nvidia driver panel i see its displaying, in fact, the same temperature. i tried to screenshot it but the dashboard would not appear in any SS's i took. but the temps are correct as per the nvidia panel.

i guess i assumed it was cooler than that as the temps everest was giving me seemed to make sense (exactly -10 deg)

any thoughts why?

Everest and other tools just read the sensor chip as per sensor datasheet (so most readings from those tools match).

But it is not uncommon for some GPU/cards manufactures to play with the numbers a bit. A couple of examples:

a) NV display properties ...

B) Leadtek Winfox software...

I am not sure if this results with a more correct temperature values but as you can see from the names they have more detailed knowlege of the hardware and they (lets hope) know what they are doing.

What is interesting that even these "modified" don't match :D

Only NV engineers know the real truth :P

I have installed MBM and the plugin. Very nice! I dropped Speedfan and I'm not looking back.

I do have 2 snags. Maybe somebody can give some direction.

I am running 2 EVGA 7800GTX KO's in SLI with driver 81.95. Core temps of each show properly but I am getting a big fat "0" for the ambient temps on both cards. I am using the "SLI" plugin and the sensors are set to custom. I have followed the config and trouble shooting posts and still no luck.

What am I missing?

Also, the Core and Memory Clocks are working but for some reason the core clock is showing my 2D clock speed instead of the 3D speed. This is a bummer because the 2D clock is not important to me.

Is there a fix for this?

My experience with MBM has been good but if I can get these two issues fixed, I will have say it is excellent.

I don't think the 7800's support ambient temps. If you bring up Mbm real fast after using a 3d proggie you'll see the 3d clock speed. Remember Mbm is a monitor and it will only monitor sensors and not settings.

I have installed MBM and the plugin. Very nice! I dropped Speedfan and I'm not looking back.

I do have 2 snags. Maybe somebody can give some direction.

I am running 2 EVGA 7800GTX KO's in SLI with driver 81.95. Core temps of each show properly but I am getting a big fat "0" for the ambient temps on both cards. I am using the "SLI" plugin and the sensors are set to custom. I have followed the config and trouble shooting posts and still no luck.

What am I missing?

Also, the Core and Memory Clocks are working but for some reason the core clock is showing my 2D clock speed instead of the 3D speed. This is a bummer because the 2D clock is not important to me.

Is there a fix for this?

My experience with MBM has been good but if I can get these two issues fixed, I will have say it is excellent.

Neither the 7800GT nor the GTX support ambient temps.

Can you be more specific what you mean by 'the core clock is showing only my 2D clock speed'? You mean like, when not playing a game?

I don't think the 7800's support ambient temps. If you bring up Mbm real fast after using a 3d proggie you'll see the 3d clock speed. Remember Mbm is a monitor and it will only monitor sensors and not settings.

Thanks for the info. I guess the ambient temps are not really that big of a deal anyway.

The clock speed thing makes sence. It is only going to show what your system is actually doing. If you are not running a 3d app. then it will not show 3d clock speeds.

Thanks again.

hey sorry for asking this but i just cant seem to find this info for the life of me in this huge thread. can someone point me in the right direction as to how to get my 6800gt temps to be read in mbm5? thats for the help and sorry for the question that i know has been answered already.

hmf, that link is screwed....

I'm wondering if the 6600gt can be done with mbm...

I guess I will have to seach, I do know that by default it won't detect anything on the card.

Edit:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...4&postcount=556

Another edit:

Well this sucks....

None of the ver's work here.

I tried ver 7.0, 7.2 and 7.2 sli.

And yes I installed the plugin using the mbm dialog stuff.

I get no extra temp sensors at all, not one.

And no, I'm not being stupid, it's viewable in the nv cpl of course, I havcked the bios for that.

I assume this thing is doing the same thing that speedfan does :, that does'nt work for me either, speedfan is a nogo for me on my video card.

Please update this sucker so it works with more cards, I do have a reference pcb here.

AGP 6600GT.

I could care less about clock speeds.

I want my diode temp ;).

Matter of fact, I'd prefer it NOT have clock speeds...

hmf, that link is screwed....

I'm wondering if the 6600gt can be done with mbm...

Well this sucks....

None of the ver's work here.

I tried ver 7.0, 7.2 and 7.2 sli.

And yes I installed the plugin using the mbm dialog stuff.

I get no extra temp sensors at all, not one.

And no, I'm not being stupid, it's viewable in the nv cpl of course, I havcked the bios for that.

It works with 6600gt. If you see the temperatures in the properties tham you can get then into MBM.

So, you're probably doing something wrong. Red this again http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...6&postcount=397. If it doesn't work then read it once more... If it still doesn't work post the driver version you're using.

And no, this plugin doesn't do what speedfan does - it simply asks NV drivers for the the temperatures - the same way your NV properties does (100% the same). So it must work (at least until NV decides to reorganize the drivers, which won't happen anytime soon).

What do you mean by "I get no extra temp sensors at all, not one.". You have to explicitly start plugin and add sensors to the dashboard.

Just keep trying...

Actually I figuered I did'nt need to have it read back the speeds if I did'nt want it to.

I was concered over the graphing in rivatuner...

Then again I like to graph my diode anyways...

I don't really need to graph speed anymore, or even see it either....

So I guess I'm all cool on that.

I was'nt thinking at that time when I posted ;).

And no, no extra sensors in my mbm at all.

And yes, my nv driver reads back my temps in both f and c.

I installed the plugin, into the folder, and mbm.

The logs look ok for the most part.

I'm using the MBM5370_1.exe update btw.

Here's my plugin log:

PlugInLoaded : H:Program FilesMotherboard Monitor 5PluginMBM5NVdriver.dll

PlugInType : 2

PlugInName : NV driver temperature monitoring v7.0a

CPlugInInit : Found

CPlugInInit : Executed

PlugInStart : Found

PlugInStart : Executed

PlugInStop : Found

PlugInPulse : Found

PlugInPause : Found

PlugInClose : Found

PlugInMenuName : Found

PlugInOptions : Found [About]

PlugIn accepted

Rivatuner, both old and newer ver's work fine, nv drivers, from at least quadro 67.22 to geforce 82.12 work fine, ie they read my temps.

I'm not going to bother with a older driver then quadro 67.22.

As for the geforce drivers, nothing below 81.xx will I mess with.

I will refuse to run any 7x.xx drivers, I don't like them.

Like I said before, ref pcb ver of a 6600gt agp, ID = F1h.

Hardware ID = 140h.

The video cards bios, well that's fine.

I allready know about this stuff.

Ie, the nv driver reads the temps ;), so does the older ver's of rivatuner.

Speedfan has never detected my card.

You don't thin kit's my driver's abaility to see both temps in f and c do ya?

I suppose I can tear out most my driver in a while to find out, that would be kinda lame though if it was because of that lol.