The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have any more info on this? I am going to flash my bios tonight ( on the infinity SLI ) and am hoping to have MBM working properly. Has it been fixed to work with my motherboard?

I noticed when installing MBM that it did not have many DFI boards in its list. I am assuming the info in this thread sorts that out, right?

Thanks.

i'm waiting for my NFx infinity too....has the issue been fixed???

The latest bios for the NF4X is located here.

http://us.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/bios..._FLAG=A&SITE=US

I would suggest flashing to it before giving MBM5 a try.

The issue that was occuring with the Infinity series boards was that the CPU voltages and temps were continuously fluctuating according to many users. I can't remember any other complaints. I don't see how it could damage any boards, but I've not had the opportunity to test an Infinity NF4. I'd love some feedback on how it works with the latest bios.

That being said, NEVER flash the bios unless you need to, or you may end up with a "dorked" rig. The author, Alexander Van Kaam, stopped work on MBM5 over 18 months ago, which is a VERY long time in computer terms. This is simply an upgraded configuration file for MBM5 done by a trial and error guy. :)

I'll ask Tmod if he can add the latest Infinity bioses to his CD. You may wish to use Speedfan @ www.almico.com or Everest @ www.lavalys.com in the interim. If anyone is in the Chicago - Milwaukee area with an Infinity wants to tie up on a Sunday and faht around with it I am game if they are.

Can't seem to get the GPU temps from my 7800GT. In my plugins directory plugins.log:

PlugInFound : C:Program FilesMotherboard Monitor 5PluginMBM5NVdriver.dll

PlugInLoaded : C:Program FilesMotherboard Monitor 5PluginMBM5NVdriver.dll

PlugInType : 2

PlugInName : NV driver temperature monitoring v7.0a

CPlugInInit : Found

CPlugInInit : Executed

PlugInStart : Found

PlugInStart : Executed

PlugInStop : Found

PlugInPulse : Found

PlugInPause : Found

PlugInClose : Found

PlugInMenuName : Found

PlugInOptions : Found [About]

PlugIn accepted

From SysInfo:

Temperature Readout[25] : 0

Temperature Readout[26] : 0

I made sure that Sensor 25/26 are both set to Custom. I just get 0.

I'm running a EVGA 7800GT with Forceware 81.95 drivers.

The issue that was occuring with the Infinity series boards was that the CPU voltages and temps were continuously fluctuating according to many users. I can't remember any other complaints. I don't see how it could damage any boards, but I've not had the opportunity to test an Infinity NF4. I'd love some feedback on how it works with the latest bios.

That being said, NEVER flash the bios unless you need to, or you may end up with a "dorked" rig. The author, Alexander Van Kaam, stopped work on MBM5 over 18 months ago, which is a VERY long time in computer terms. This is simply an upgraded configuration file for MBM5 done by a trial and error guy. :)

I'll ask Tmod if he can add the latest Infinity bioses to his CD. You may wish to use Speedfan @ www.almico.com or Everest @ www.lavalys.com in the interim. If anyone is in the Chicago - Milwaukee area with an Infinity wants to tie up on a Sunday and faht around with it I am game if they are.

Well since I have the latest BIOS installed I was going to try it with my NF4X-INF board, but now that I see something about damage I'll keep using speedfan while I wait for the next update. Thanks.

This thread has been a big help in getting the LCD on my Logitech G15 gaming keyboard to show all I wanted it to, so I thought I'd share the result:

dashboard2.jpg

row 1: cpu temp, cpu fan rpm, core1 load, core2 load

row 2: northbridge temp, northbridge fan rpm, system temp, mem use

row 3: gpu temp, gpu fan rpm, gpu fan duty cycle, gpu clock, gpu ambient temp

Too much information? Probably, but I like it :). Didn't put the gpu mem clock on this screen because it never changes and there's not much room left. FYI, the other important hardware is: Athlon64 4400+ X2, Abit KN8 Ultra (my Intel box has a DFI Pro875B), 2GB CL2 DDR400, XFX 7800GTX, SB X-Fi Platinum.

Thanks!

schweet and very kewl johnboy00.

PM me or throw a "how to" together in a post and we can link to it in 1st post on front page.

(You do need to get a signature together to comply with the rules.)

Thanks for the input and I'm glad it helped :)

Does this MBM setp work with the Expert board? am hearing the Expert boards cpu temps are off would you know if its true and if there are any planned fixes? Im going to have this board in a few days and want to prepare for it.

Thanks

I've gotten 6 reports that it DOES work.

Seems there are a number of biioses and they tend to report temps differently (low). 11/02, 11/11/, 11/17, and 11/25. The last three are beta and are under the Beta Bios section at www.dfi.com.tw. Should be good to go.

Yes I can confirm that it works on the Expert ... and all I did was copy across the data files, with the nVidia plug-in dll's ... need to recalibrate the voltages as this MB appears to be far more accurate.... currently on 11-17 BIOS.

I have one of those Infinity NF4X and the latest bios. It is true that I was having some problems with the MBM5 where the CPU Temp was up and down very fast and abnormal. But in the bios I was reading them just fine.

After the bios update I have some strange reading:

CPU Temp ~20C idle and ~25C after a few hours of games

Internal Temp (whatever this means) from 30 to 40C

External Temp ~32 all the time

I am very happy that my new Arctic Cooling Freezer64Pro can get the CPU under the temperature in my house...but I just can't belive it :)

So I wold like to know why I get those readings in BIOS and what the heck means Internal and External temps. Chipset? Does this motherboard have an external sensor other then the chipset and cpu? Boh...

schweet and very kewl johnboy00.

PM me or throw a "how to" together in a post and we can link to it in 1st post on front page.

(You do need to get a signature together to comply with the rules.)

Thanks for the input and I'm glad it helped :)

What I did was use the instructions in this thread for getting GPU-related info from RivaTuner into MBM5, then I downloaded MBM2G15 . MBM2G15.exe is a standalone executable needing no installation. Just put it wherever you want it to reside permanently. Run it, and it installs itself into the G15 module list. Then right-click on the top of its window and select "About MBM2G15...". From there you can look at the supported Tags, the FAQ, and other information. It can show any sensor reading in MBM5, and some other info from QCD, TeamSpeak, and MPC. Settings are stored in an INI file in the same directory as the executable, and if you'd like to start with mine:

Screen1=cpu:#0T° #0F #C #0C% #1C%#N nbr:#2T° #1F sys:#1T° mem:#0M%#Ngpu:#31T° #27T #29T #28T amb:#30T°

Screen2=#6Q

Screen3=

Screen4=

Time=0

Memory=1

CpuLoad=1

MBM=1

TeamSpeak=0

QCD=1

MPC=0

SystrayIcon=0

Hidden=1

Inverted=0

UpdateTime=1000

SystrayIcon=1 will have it put an icon in the systray. Hidden=0 will make it start maximized. The rest of the settings are controlled from the UI.

Pretty simple, really, and it uses no noticable CPU while running.

Finally, here's the last page (as of today) of the developer's thread over on g15mods.com:

http://www.g15mods.com/forum/viewtopic.php...er=asc&start=45