The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

One would be more successfull if actually readed instructions to the end!! :tooth: So I'll keep this post here to remind peoples about reading all the instructions before jumping to conclusions!!

I have problem getting _xhp_'s MBM5NVdriver to start. I am using Windows x64 and my MBM 5 PlugIn.log shows:

PlugInFound	 : C:Program Files (x86)Motherboard Monitor 5PluginMBM5NVdriver.dll

PlugInLoaded	: C:Program Files (x86)Motherboard Monitor 5PluginMBM5NVdriver.dll

PlugInType	  : 2

PlugInName	  : NV driver temperature monitoring v7.2a

CPlugInInit	 : Found

CPlugInInit	 : Executed

PlugInStart	 : Found

[B]PlugInStart	 : Not Excecuted[/B]

PlugInStop	  : Found

PlugInPulse	 : Found

PlugInPause	 : Found

PlugInClose	 : Found

PlugInMenuName  : Found

PlugInOptions   : Found [About]

PlugIn accepted

Anything can be done about that?

And this answers my question how..?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BlueOval I think he was saying he found the answer by reading the links to _xhp_'s, ncsa's, and safrout's posts under how to read NV card temps in the 1st post.

If just reading the GPU temp is enough you can use ATITool (really) and the set up instructions are there as well.

With my somewhat limited experience with dealing with individuals on the internet I was somewhat skeptical about venturing into something of this nature. But I must say I just had a wonderful experience with soundx98. With his help, and the help of others who have contributed to this thread, I was able to get MBM5 up and running with my lanparty board. Kudo's to Karl for taking the time to explain the in's and out's to maximize the options of the software. Highly recommend this procedure to others who are looking for a monitoring device for their computer!!!

side note:

I have MBM5 on my MSI platinum but with his help I was able to take the monitoring system to a much higher level of performance.

:)

BlueOval I think he was saying he found the answer by reading the links to _xhp_'s, ncsa's, and safrout's posts under how to read NV card temps in the 1st post.

If just reading the GPU temp is enough you can use ATITool (really) and the set up instructions are there as well.

Ok.. I thought I read not to use ATITool if you had an nV card, but I'm sure you are right and I'm mistaken. I'll go back and reread the posts, thanks.

@olmari: Apologies!

I know how to open the dashboard all the way and how to move the boxes around within it. I already had MBM5 up and running for a long time before I came across this thread. I just liked the way the dashboard looked from the screenie plus the fact that I could get a plugin to have it also display my GPU's temp. My problem is that in the dashboard - which is open - the temp readout for the GPU Core - which I can see - reads '0'.

Need to post a pic of your dashboard. Doesn't seem to be right that you are missing the GPU sensor. Are you sure it is not hidden by another sensor box or simply out of view?

Positive. Have a gander: (I opened the dashboard aaaall the way just so you'd know that I know how to open it lol) Linkage.

Well you sure do have that puppy opened up all the way. :D

I'd suggest PMing _xhp_ as I haven't used an Nvidia card in a long time.

But again, ATITool will work just fine for reading GPU temp only

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/104

and then set up ATI tool by going to Temperature monitoring and sending GPU temp to sensor 5 after enabling.

Feel free to PM your phone and I'll call as soon as I can.

I d/l'd ATITool and installed it, but this is not what I want.. ah well.. PM'd ya my number, no need to rush on the call since I'm off work. [edit]Ah, I see now.. took a while before MBM picked up on it, but I can see the temp just fine now in the MBM dashboard! What sensor for the environment temp? Or is there not one? It's cool if not, this is what I wanted. :D [/edit]