The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

okay, soundx98 is going to kill me after this. when i build the rig, i hooked my cpu fan up to spot 2 on accident. then my chipset fan i hooked into 4 on purpose for better wire routing. after i went to the bios and posted it, it hit me. something must not be HOOKED up right! so i went back into the rig, hooked cpu fan into, of course, cpu fan spot (or 1), my psu fan sensor into spot 2, and my chipset into 3. when i was trying to figure out the fan setting on mb5 it only gives my 4 options to read from, NONE, 1,2,3,CUSTOM. i guess that is the trick you can only use 3 spots to read from. if there is a way to do more please let me know.

i am real sorry soundx98, i bet you were either racking your brain or thinking "This guy must be a rock!"

thanks again.

sorry again.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha, no problem at all.

As _xhp_ once said, "If it doesn't work correctly, 99.9% of the time the user did something wrong" :D

Now if another member has a similar problem we'll all have an answer for him.

We're all just glad you got everything working correctly.

little tip for ya:

You can also activate rpm sensing on fan headers #4 and #5 by holding down "shift" and entering the following code.

1/M/s/T/u/P/1/d/H/e/A/d

hehehe, just teasing.

very cute. i have one better. next time a coworker needs something, tell them they need to fill out a I.D. 10T form. (idiot) i actually had someone write it down and start to look for it. we had to stop him because we just couldn't stop laughing at him.

again, thanks for the help. sorry i didn't know which ones did the sensing. mb5 rocks!

Originally Posted by PRJ

Hi, did you make the fix for this yet?

I use MBM5 to keep an eye on all temps, and thanks to the people that made this possible with the moded "data" file and the plugin for Nvidia cards

I only have one little "problem"

When using High & Low the plugin for SLi cards doesn't remember the max. temp off GPU's like it does with the rest of the settings.

How can I make it remember?

Thanks Soundx98

I had a look in the ini.file, but I'll just screw it up. ;o)

I'll just have to hope for a fix, or a detailed guide.

Thanks anyway

PRJ

I only have one little "problem"

When using High & Low the plugin for SLi cards doesn't remember the max. temp off GPU's like it does with the rest of the settings.

How can I make it remember?

Hey PRJ, I had the same problem with the color of my GPU temp box on the dashboard. You have to enter the information for the temp number manually. Go to your MBM5 folder and open the Data folder inside. Double click and open the MBM 5 configuration using notepad or whatever. If you scroll down to the correct temp (if on a single card, should be T25, but not sure about dual I think it is T23) you will see all of the information about it. You will see a line that says "T25 Alarm High Tolerance=XX". Replace the XX in that line with the temperature you want it to go off at. this number is completely accurate with Celsius, but with Fahrenheit, it is a little off so just switch into C and change it then back into F (if you even use Fahrenheit).

Hi snugglealufacus

Thanks for the guide :)

I havent changed anything yet because I don't think I explained myself correctly.

My problem is not that the alarm funktion doesn't work I just want the High & Low log to remember the temps, just like it does with all other sensors. I have set my max temp on GPU 0 and GPU 1 to 84, but I'd like to know the max temps in case of I'm unsure of SLi is kicking in.

I uploaded a pickture of the data file..

Thanks

PRJ

Oh my bad I must have miss-read that. To show temps, fans, and voltages in the high/low log, double click on the MBM5 tray icon to open the settings. Go to the temperature tab, and select the temp you want to add to the high/low log from the drop down menu. When you get that, click on the visual button in the middle of the window. Scroll all the way down and you will see a check box second from the bottom titled "Display sensor in the high & low Log and in the interval log". Check that box and repeat that for all the sensors you want to show or hide from your high and low logs.

Oh my bad I must have miss-read that. To show temps, fans, and voltages in the high/low log, double click on the MBM5 tray icon to open the settings. Go to the temperature tab, and select the temp you want to add to the high/low log from the drop down menu. When you get that, click on the visual button in the middle of the window. Scroll all the way down and you will see a check box second from the bottom titled "Display sensor in the high & low Log and in the interval log". Check that box and repeat that for all the sensors you want to show or hide from your high and low logs.

Nice explanation - but it won't help him - what he is describing is a bug in my plugin :sad: ...

Nice explanation - but it won't help him - what he is describing is a bug in my plugin :sad: ...

Hi _xhp_

Can you fix this bug, that would be real nice. :nod:

PRJ