The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

I'd be more than willing to reimburse you for the cost of the DVD via Paypal if you can find the time to work on it. Probably enjoying your free time this summer which I do respect. Thanks for thinking about us.

Thanks for the offer... But I can't (and wouldn't) accept it (besides, the is no paypal in my country :()...

I'll get it (maybe I can get it through MSDNAA...)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for a little help if you all could be so kind. I downloaded the latest MBM5, and the 7.22 plugin, put the .dll file in plugins, the .ini in data, did the changes to sensor 25 and 26, started the plugin, and I still do not have GPU or GPU ENV numbers in my dashboard. They both read 0. nVidia settings show my GPU temp, and I have driver 84.21. This is in rig #2 below. Any ideas to get that GPU to display?

Sure those are for the ATI cards. They'll never display any thing.

Open up MNM5 settings and make sure you set temp sensors 21, 22, and 25 to "custom". Then go to "Visual" settings and scroll down and checkmark "Display in dashboard" and then change "VUM" to "digital" and make sure you click on "apply".

Make sure the Plug-in is set to "start"

The sensors will appear in a few minutes.

May want to reboot at this time.

Now open up the dashboard all the way (little arrows on the right)

you should see the sensors appear towards the bottom.

Now click on the lil padlock right above the slider and below the arrows and you can move the sensors around to any position you want.

Since you aren't gonna be using the Original GPU + GPU Env anymore you can hide them or go into MBM5 settings and under sensors 5 + 6 uncheck "display in dashboard". once everythjing is arranged make sure you lock the "padlock" again.

If it doesn't work start over. IT ALWAYS WORKS. sometimes we just skip certain parts of the instructions :)

Success! They were down low in the third row, and I was moving only left and right. DOH! Thanks for your help. Now I just have to fiddle around a bit to get DRAM and Chipset voltage, and battery voltage. Should those be working correctly right out of the gate? I also have a second SMART HD---which sensor would that be? I appreciate all your assistance.

Yes, they should have been working correctly right out of the gate.

Biggest issues on set up seem to be:

Users RUN the "Configuration Wizard" - Don't, nothing there for you.

User's forget to reboot AFTER running the MBM5 installer and BEFORE they try to copy the DATA file.

User's try and extract the RAR to the Data file. Again DON'T

Extract the WinRAR to the Desktop.

"Rename" the file "DATA" and then copy the folder to MBM5 under "Program Files".

Don't copy it Data Folder. Just to MBM5 folder.

Same with _xhp_'s nVidia Plug-ins.

Don't forget you must START the Plug-in after installing it.

Open MBM5 Settings screen.

Don't forget to set the sensors 21,22,+25 to custom (single card)

Check "Visual" and then check "display in Dashboard" and change VUM to Digital and then make sure you click on "Apply" so it sticks.

Open the Dashboard ALL THE WAY.

Unlock the "boxes" by clicking on the little padlock above the slider on the rightside of the "dashboard".

Rearrange "boxes" to make it "purdy"

Lock the padlock again.

If it doesn't work you fugged up. :D

GL