The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

yes I am using Joohnyb00' post but i still cant get the gpu temps to work, every thing else is good. I even copied is gpu part and still no luck im using Sensor 25 like im suppose to do #25T, and all I see is nothing then a 0 will apear and disapear has fast.
Frog this is what I got, GPU mem-21, GPU clock- 22, GPU core-25, GPU-ambient-26. Expand the mbm5 window, the readings may be hidden? This may be a dumb questions, but did you click on apply in the settings box? Also did you start the plugin - right-click the tray icon -> plugins -> NV driver ... -> Start plugin.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this is going to be an embarrassing post. Everyone else is only having problems with the technical issues but I am stuck on the easiest part it seems.

I read the beginning posts, DL'd the latest version of MBM, DL'd the nf4 Data file, ran the install, exited out of the Config Wizard, extracted the MBMData file, renamed it "Data", copied and let it overwrite the Data file in the main MBM directory and then rebooted.

So, once I got back in to Windows, I fired it up and it opened in the task bar. I doubleclicked it there, and the options window opened. I clicked something else to get the dashboard to display. It correctly detected my CPU's clock and voltage settings, but did not detect the CPU Temp. I stared at it stupidly for a few seconds then of course tried to figure out how to set Sensor 1 to display the CPU Temp. I tried Custom, nothing happened. Then I tried the next option in the pulldown menu. The computer immediately powers down when I click apply.

That was a bit freaky, but stupidly again, I just rebooted and waited for windows to load. Everything looked fine, but as soon as MBM was loaded (I had checked the start MBM when Windows starts box), the system powered off once again. A hard power off too, not a shut down... it just cut power.

Anyways, I booted into Safe Mode, removed it, and tried again following the same procedure as above. After installing, rebooting, and replacing the data files, I went to boot MBM up again. Immediately my machine powered off again. I thought removing the program would erase the sensor change I had made... guess not.

I'm sure anyone with 3 posts or less could tell me what I am doing wrong here, so if you don't mind... please do. This app looks awesome, and I've been planning on using if for the past several months as I contemplated my new build. Any help anyone can offer will be most appreciated.

ps - I made an attempt at reading this thread to find my answer... but gave up on page 20-ish.

**UNDER CONSTRUCTION**

Opteron 144 CAB2E 0546 FPMW (fingers crossed)

Scythe Ninja SCNJ-1000

DFI Lanparty Ultra-D

Mushkin 2x1GB DDR500 EP

Seasonic S-12 600W v2.0

ThermalTake Tsunami w/3x YL 120mm fans

VC (Undecided) x700Pro for build purposes

HD (Undecided) WD Caviar 160GB for build purposes

Oof, that is weird... :O

So it wasn't a bluescreen? Go to Sysytem Properties to the 'Startup and Recovery' tab and make sure the "Automatically Restart' box under System Failure box is unchecked.

What does Eventviewer say? Perhaps some other monitoring app is interfering, causing data corruption.

Have you checked the FAQ's over on mbm5's website? The answer may well not be there (bcuz there hasn't been any official support for some time) but it's worth looking into.

I had 6600GTs in SLi before and used to have the ambient temperature reading. I just upgraded to 7800GTs in SLi. No problem whatsoever but I don't get any ambient temperature reading on the MBM dashborad. I did not change any settings as it picked up GPU temps, core and SLi Clock data.

Does anyone know the solution to this? I am not using the rivatuner to display this. However, I do have Rivatuner installed. Some guidance will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Rex

I'm using MBM5 with MBM5NVdriver_v7_2_sli_test.zip. This works fine for everything except GPU frequency. It reports the default frequency, not the actual frequency set by the GeForce driver. I've tried reloading MBM5 to see if it's a timing thing and it still reports the default frequency. 3dMark05 picks up the correct frequency, so it's available.

Is there a newer version of the drivers? I check this forum, but could only find the above with no reference to a home web site.

Thanks.

Hi guys

Maybe you can assist me in this little problem, for some reason or other I can not see my GPU, GPU ENV and GPU Core 2, i followed all the directions. I am attaching a pic of . Can you please help me out.

my apologies, between a nasty cold and the flu I've been more braindead than usual

gonna try my best -

ReD.SkY - can't help you man. You'll need a serial port adaptor for the LP. Maybe Donna at DFI SanJose can help. I'd also email Hentry at Matrix Orbital for some ideas

joek71 - are you using xhp's driver. You'll need to open up the dashboard COMPLETELY

davidk21770 - No newer version but PM _xhp_ if you have nVidia driver questiuons

rexian - I don't believe the ambient temp is reported on 7800s

Theadso - I'm as baffled as you are. Sorry the thread is so long, but it is a work in progress and has been going on for a year.

steni1975 - Same sensors and same layout as Expert. I could have sworn some posted that it was working on their board. Are you SURE you are installing MBM and the Data file correctly?

GOT FROG - you read the link on the 1st page to G15?