The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

Iinstalled mbm5 and put the data file as instructed but ran into a problem right away. as soon as i started mbm i got a loud buzzing from my board about 5 seconds apart. after investigating i found that the temp sensor int the setup was set to #1 diode and that was what was buzzing, i change it to the #1 temp sensor the one above the diode setting and the buzzing stopped but now my cpu temp reads anywhere from 5 c to 13 c which is to low. my water cooling system has a temp probe that sit on top of the cpu and it reads 31c would any one know how to fix this my board is listed in my sig.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far most of the Infinity guys are using NVtune - Monitor only - there is a thread on it. Still believe there are bios issues reagarding temps on that board. First I heard of a buzzing. but most have fluctuating temps

Wow, the thread got moved. and then moved back again. Wierdness.

Kinda strange to move this thread after a year.

EDIT: Oh, very kewl. In Software now. Good idea.

Sorry to hear Walt. try NVTune for monitoring is all I can say.

Guest dementor

Hi Guys,

I need some help!

I've been using MBM with the data files from this site for months. Today I updated my MSN Messenger 8.0 Live Beta and it screwed up my MBM. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling...etc NO LUCK! It displays the CPU temp/ PWMIC/NF4 Chipset as -128 Celcius!!

Can anyone help?

Hey, guys! I like what you've done to MBM5. But one more thing - how can I add the ACPI temp sensor?

I've modified my voltage.ini so it's showing th real voltages now. It's synchronized with two different DMM's and is really helping me monitor the volts I'm pushing :).

So, if anybody needs the modified voltage.ini - PM me. I assume they are about the same for this revision, or at least - this line of production :D. My board is rev.AD0 with a S/N: U60302812. I've already passed it to a few friends here with the AD0 and they say it's quite accurate indeed.

Hi Guys,

I need some help!

I've been using MBM with the data files from this site for months. Today I updated my MSN Messenger 8.0 Live Beta and it screwed up my MBM. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling...etc NO LUCK! It displays the CPU temp/ PWMIC/NF4 Chipset as -128 Celcius!!

Can anyone help?

What is smartguardian showing? What is your bios showing. Clearing CMOS might help...

Guest dementor
What is smartguardian showing? What is your bios showing. Clearing CMOS might help...

., just checked my bios and tried smartguardian. it also shows -128, for all temperatures and doesnt show fan speeds.

EDIT: Cleared my CMOS and updated my BIOS... all is working again.

@Mord Thanks a lot m8 had a play about with the Voltage custom.ini & took my Multimeter readings MBM Idle rail voltages are now spot on to MM. Need to think a bit on how to capture 12v load sag which is exaggerated in mbm.

My Original Start data :-

MBM Idle Load

3.3 3.31 3.3

5 4.97 4.97

12 12.14 12.08

MM Idle Load

3.3 3.4 3.4

5 5.09 5.09

12 12.16 12.13

luck (especially with your OC) :)

Am getting MBM Rails sorted with my Multimeter Volts i'm getting ambitious & intend measuring my Vcore & Vdimm.

This is what leads me to my question Looking @ post#2 Multimeter Measuring points Does any1 wi(with more electrical experience than me :) ) confirm something. Does the Ground probe actually have to be held in the locations shown in the pics or can it be placed in a more convenient position for example the ground socket of a spare molex.

I'm lookinfg at Measuring voltage at a point

The black lead can be left permanently connected to 0V while you use the red lead as a probe to measure voltages at various points

Also when measuring the 3.3v rail the easiest way i found was to leave the ground lead in a spare molex i'd used to mneasure the 12v & 5v & used the rear of an orange connecter on a sata plug. which tends to comnfirm the Measuring voltage at a point statement.

Reason i'm asking this is i think it would be far easier to be using a single probe on the vdimm & vcore positions rather than have to hold 2.

Appreciate any comments