The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

Guest scaramonga

OK....installed the 7.2 plugin (non-SLI) and all OK except the GPU Core will only report as below??...........299!!.......should be 500!! :confused:

mbm5.png

Any ideas peeps? :)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK....installed the 7.2 plugin (non-SLI) and all OK except the GPU Core will only report as below??...........299!!.......should be 500!! :confused:

mbm5.png

Any ideas peeps? :)

Even the 6600 downclocks in 2D mode probably. I know the 7800s do...

S1, put up the sig before an admin catch u ;) and sorry to say, i dont think that will solve the problem. mbm will give out tat annoying alarm even if u turn it off. its a known bug to Infinity series, and regardless wat u do, it will be annoying :P its becoz the CPU temp fluctuate so bad, the alarm will went off anyway. Just use Ntune 2.05.09 to monitor the correct temp. mbm still cant fix this. smartguardian also if u wanna monitor the voltage.

Davidk, its an infinity board, even if the temp is arond 30C, it will read between 10 to 87Celc in mbm lol and speedfan. only solution i found is ntune, and even that sometimes fluctuate abit if it suddenly jumps. best solution is just touch the heatsink, if its not hot, then ur ok.

Redbeaver, thanks for the warning.... ;) and guess I will stick with Ntune to monitor the temp for now. Thanks a lot guys. :D

S1

Guest Partizan

Hi!

Firstly, thank you all for the hard work, especialy soundx98!

I have two minor problems with MBM. I am using an AC Freezer 64 PRO and ATI Tray Tools with a plugin for MBM:

1. Readings for the CPU fan are way off. I set it to full speed at 45 degrees. Any ideas?

2. In high/low window I get GPU and GPU ENV readings, but not the average value for them. I know it works with ATI Tool, but I am used to ATI Tray Tools cause it's a real neat proggy.

mbm5ev.th.jpg

Any suggestions?

Regards, Partizan

2. In high/low window I get GPU and GPU ENV readings, but not the average value for them. I know it works with ATI Tool, but I am used to ATI Tray Tools cause it's a real neat proggy.

I've never gotten an average with the standard MBM5 high/low readout. :)

There is another MBM5 logging program that really gives some nice graphs in 1st post in thread.

While I certainly have respect for Ray Adams and his work, I prefer the logging function of ATITool myself. But it still won't give you an average. But modern video cards get hot very fast and cool off just as fast so it really wouldn't be telling you much anyway.

Looks like you Zalman isn't plugged in to the sensor and the Chipset is probably set to it's default of like 55 degrees for full on?

1. Readings for the CPU fan are way off. I set it to full speed at 45 degrees. Any ideas?

No that familiar with that cooler but what kind of fan does it use?

Is it a 3 pin plugged into mobo or just the RPM sense wire (yellow)?

There are fan dividers you can use to get the RPMs right.

I'll do some checking.

EDIT: OK, read some reviews and the A64 Pro fan should be at 2200 RPM full speed. Seeing your current speed of 8800, I think a simple move on the fan slider in MBM5 fan settings should get you where you want to be.

As far as the "wacko" readings that is probably caused by the fan speeding up and down and when it is read in 5 sec intervals it gets well, "confused" as the fan accellerates. There are these little 3-pin fan to molex plug + 3-pin RPM sense wire connectors you can use. Then you can tap into your PSU and forget about suckin' juice out of the mobo. Those coolers are supposed to be almost silent at full speed. GL.

Hi!

Firstly, thank you all for the hard work, especialy soundx98!

I have two minor problems with MBM. I am using an AC Freezer 64 PRO and ATI Tray Tools with a plugin for MBM:

Any suggestions?

Regards, Partizan

I had that problem. Try changing the fan divider (my low speed 120mm fan needs 128, and my higher speed fans are more stable with a higher divider than the default).

GPU and GPU ENV will only display temp readings if ATITool is being used (it does work with both ATI and nVidia) AND ATITool is set to send temps TO Sensor 5 and Sensor 6 in MBM5.

MBM5 must be set to read CUSTOM on these two sensors.

_xhp_ has an awsome plug-in for nVidia cards. May want to check the diference between the two again and decide which is better for you. Instructions and links in 1st post of thread.

@hoho220 did you get it up? :)

If till having isues PM your phone number if in US and I'll call this weekend.

GPU and GPU ENV will only display temp readings if ATITool is being used (it does work with both ATI and nVidia) AND ATITool is set to send temps TO Sensor 5 and Sensor 6 in MBM5.

MBM5 must be set to read CUSTOM on these two sensors.

That's not entirely true. I was able to get both my 6800GTs to display GPU and ENV temps in MBM just by using the v7_2_sli plugin (on my SLI-DR).

Likewise on my new Expert and 7800GTX I have GPU (no ENV sensor on this card) temp in MBM with the same plugin.

Just noticed we passed 100,000 views of this thread. schwing :)

WAYNE.gifGARTH.gifgeorgetakei-copy.jpg

Wanna make sure I got my sheet straight on this.

Not sure if we are talking about the same thing here.

I don't have an nVidia card and I'd really appreciate a clarification.

So you are NOT using ATITool?

But readings appear in "squares" GPU and GPU ENV?

You ARE using _xhp_'s plug-in, and it automatically display the temp settings in the "squares" labeled GPU and GPU ENV?

You are not changing/displaying any other squares/windows?

They are NOT displaying info at sensors 21, 22, 23, and 24? (Why I am confused)

Help an oldfaht out here.

Wanna make sure I got my sheet straight on this.

Not sure if we are talking about the same thing here.

I don't have an nVidia card and I'd really appreciate a clarification.

No problem, more than happy to help.

So you are NOT using ATITool?

But readings appear in "squares" GPU and GPU ENV?

If by GPU and GPU ENV you mean sensors 5 and 6, then no, I get nothing in those.

You ARE using _xhp_'s plug-in, and it automatically display the temp settings in the "squares" labeled GPU and GPU ENV?

You are not changing/displaying any other squares/windows?

They are NOT displaying info at sensors 21, 22, 23, and 24? (Why I am confused)

Help an oldfaht out here.

No, I get nothing on sensors 5 or 6 (the prelabled GPU and GPU ENV), but I do get info on sensors 23 (GPU2), 24 (ENV2), 25 (GPU1) and 26 (ENV1).

Now that I've re-read your post I see what you were saying :). Apologies for the confusion, I just couldn't see any reason why anyone would want to have to run ATI Tool just to export that data into MBM when _xph_'s plugin works fantastically.