The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Loony

Sorry if this has been asked already and answered, but this thread is now huge.

I got this on my rig and I have a few problems. First, I got the plugin in read temps/clocks from my GPU and it's not working. Still don't understand it.

Also, DRAM volt is at -.51 and chipset is at -9.6 volt. WTH?

Thanks for any help!

How do you resize the dashboard to your liking? I can not find any option for it ANYWHERE in the settings other than that slider from 40 something to 60 something and that does next to nothing.

@Looney - In all seriousness, while MBM5 is far from perfect, any issues with _xhp_'s fabulous plug-in for nVidia cards or MBM5 itself, has been 100% user error. And you are definately not the 1st person to not follow the instructions completely :)

DO NOT USE THE MBM5 configuration wizzard. Simply download the MBM5 datafile, Un-RAR it and then rename and copy over existing Data file. If it doesn't ask you to overwrite then it's not being done correctly. I don't know what else to say.

Regarding the _xhp_ plug-in - You MUST open the Dashboard window completely! If you do so you will find the sensors that are hidden.

It would greatly help with a problem resolution if the posters would post a pic of the MBM5 Dashboard OPENED ALL THE WAY.

To capture the MBM5 active window use ALT + PrintScreen, then Open Paint and Paste. Save as a JPG (not BMP) no more than 800x600 in size to meet forum rules.

Then upload to your host or somewhere like www.imageshack.us or www.uploadit.org (both FREE) and post a link. Or you can use the tags if you wish. ALL of the information you need is in the 1st post of the thread with links to specific areas and setup procedures.

I'm in the process of creating a bootable CD with BartPE. I've got most of my tools configured - but I'm having some problems with MBM5. I've Googled and searched forums (this one, MBM5, and BartPE) without any luck :sad:

Is there anyone who has configured MBM5 as a plugin for BartPE?

@joek71 - Do you have the fans yellow RPM Sense wire Plugged into mobo?

(Not all fans - like Panaflo's - have an RPM sense wire even if a 3-pin connector).

I use a 3-pin to 4-pin molex connector to plug fans into PSU and they have a yellow pigtail RPM sense wire that I plug into the mobo.

3PinRPM_t.jpg

When I set this up I used a 120mm fan for CPU (set to ITE8712F-1 in MBM5) Fan 1

And an 80mm fan for Exhaust (set to ITE8712F-2) Fan 2, and of course the DFI chipset fan that everyone hates but me (set to ITE8712F-3).

You can use the Fan type/divider sliders to match the specific fan you use.

The GPU/GPU ENV readouts are set using ATITool by W1zzard (www.techpowerup.com). After installing ATITool, go to settings, then drop down screen temperature monitoring, and set GPU to sensor 5 and GPU ENV to sensor 6.

Latest versions read both ATI and NV cards.

I recommend that you take the time to set up _xhp_'s plug in and make sure it is enabled. Full directions and links in 1st post in thread. Hope some of that helps you or others.

@mfredrik - "Don't know nothing about birthin' no babies" (Gone With The Wind) or setting up a Bart PE disk :D

But any info on a succesful plug-in would be appreciated. Always lookin' for good "how-to's" to link to. Keep us posted.