The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From "Autochthon's Voltage Compensation Link" in first post in thread. :)

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...2&postcount=640

easy to do the math on.

1) Were the measurements made at Idle or at Load?

2) If measuring at Molex you may want to measure at different times of the day to insure it is not caused by fluctuations in line voltage in your home.

Let us know how it goes for ya.

You know, I did the math and was gonna tell you what to change but it just didn't seem right to me :D

Truthfully now, is there a language problem or are you being lazy. :)

I mean you are less than 1/2 of 1% off as it is. (shrug)

If you really have issues PM and I'll give you the low down on it.

Now if you are doing "shots" with THunDA, that's a different story entirely, and I'll give up the info. :D

Hi All,

I just added my 2nd video card to complete the SLI video (I've been running on 1 up to now). MBM5 reported properly for 1 using MBM5NVdriver_v7_2_sli_test.zip. When I added the 2nd card and enabled it, the NVdriver plugin renamed the Temps to GPU2 core and ambient, but it always reads 0? The GPU1 readings are there? (eVGA 6800 video cards).

Thanks for any help

Found the problem. It wasn't in SLI mode. Read some posts here and changed the SLI interface to 8xx8 and enabled the SLI Broadcast Aperture and now it works. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing any speed improvement (I did enable SLI in the nvidia video settings). But that's for another thread :).

hmm i have installed it 3 times .. copied the file over .. did not use the config .. just rebooted .. copied file .. and nothing .. stock dashboard ..

ive done this before .. but now im on the expert sli board .. anything im missing here ?

Hi all, my 1st post. Just got myself a NF4 Infinity Ultra mobo. D/L the mbm with NF4 data and installed the whole thing as per instruction. I dun mind the cpu temp fluctuating but the ringing or beeping tone is darn irritating. Any ideas how to switch it off?? Thanks

S1

Hi all, my 1st post. Just got myself a NF4 Infinity Ultra mobo. D/L the mbm with NF4 data and installed the whole thing as per instruction. I dun mind the cpu temp fluctuating but the ringing or beeping tone is darn irritating. Any ideas how to switch it off?? Thanks

S1

Open the settings (right click on it's icon in the tray and select settings) and select Temperatures, then Alarm, then the temperature that is alarming from the dropdown menu. Here you can change the alarm threshold or disable the alarm for that sensor.

_BUT_, I'd be concerned if the temperature's getting above 70 deg C (I set mine to alarm at 65). Which temperature and are you sure that the heatsink is properly in place and the fan is operating properly?

Open the settings (right click on it's icon in the tray and select settings) and select Temperatures, then Alarm, then the temperature that is alarming from the dropdown menu. Here you can change the alarm threshold or disable the alarm for that sensor.

_BUT_, I'd be concerned if the temperature's getting above 70 deg C (I set mine to alarm at 65). Which temperature and are you sure that the heatsink is properly in place and the fan is operating properly?

Thanks , I will try this later. Anyway I also use speedfan and smartguardian and they are okie, only the MBM have the freaking alarm sound.... :sweat:

S1

S1, put up the sig before an admin catch u ;) and sorry to say, i dont think that will solve the problem. mbm will give out tat annoying alarm even if u turn it off. its a known bug to Infinity series, and regardless wat u do, it will be annoying :P its becoz the CPU temp fluctuate so bad, the alarm will went off anyway. Just use Ntune 2.05.09 to monitor the correct temp. mbm still cant fix this. smartguardian also if u wanna monitor the voltage.

Davidk, its an infinity board, even if the temp is arond 30C, it will read between 10 to 87Celc in mbm lol and speedfan. only solution i found is ntune, and even that sometimes fluctuate abit if it suddenly jumps. best solution is just touch the heatsink, if its not hot, then ur ok.