The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

THunDA's correct of course. The issue with MBM5 and the Infinity's was that the CPU readings fluctuated. Shouldn't have to do anything.

That being said I'd love to know the results of the new bios with MBM5, SmartFGuardian or Speedfan. Thank you in advance for your input

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool, ill flash the bios then i'll reinstal mbm, see if theres any changes....

Note: before the new bios/using bio 08/31/2005:

SmartGuardian reports 10 to 23C, fluctuating between 10 to 16, to 13, 21, 12, 23, 15, 18, 22, 21, 11, 13, etc.... (here's the kick) in BOTH idle and load.

Mbm reports 10-81C, being almost constantly in 81 or 87, while idle, and during load it can also goes to 16.... so the readouts will be something like 81-81-87-81-87-10-16-81-87-81-81-16-87-81-10-81 etc..... it never on 12 or 15 or 20s or anything. it only uses the combination of 3 digits (10,81,87) during idle, and an addition of "16" during load.

Everest shows a constant 29 during idle and very very rarely shows 30 if it loads. like a split nanosecond every 10minutes while on load....

BIOS shows an idle 26/27, but one time the pc rebooted coz i was running Prime, and i immediatly check the BIOS and it shows 36....and dropping......

SO, i dont think it actually somethin wit the BIOS, but rather the IO chip.

i'll post with new BIOS later tonite :)

edit again: i jut noticed u said "nice handle".... why thank you. i like beavers too.... :D :D

nope. no go....... didnt change. nada. BIOS still reads 87Celcius constantly on the CPU, 29on chipset, regardles i throw 20min of Prime and its getting hotter by the touch......

its still messed up.

Strikex1, DFI!!

u release a BIOS for supporting Fx-60, but not to fix the temp readings??? do you REALLY think people who has Infinity boards buy Fx-60 CPUs??????? theyd at LEAST get an LP Expert!! Not Infinity!! and YET the more important thing about Infinity that its intended for Overclockers with a budget and u cant even fix the wrong temp readings!

im very very dissapointed.

*sigh

As long as you have a new bios can you you use add/remove and remove MBM5 again and then reload it, Remember NO Configuration wizard and then set up the custom MBM5 config file again.

Yes, Beaver lovers are everywhere :)

As long as you have a new bios can you you use add/remove and remove MBM5 again and then reload it, Remember NO Configuration wizard and then set up the custom MBM5 config file again.

Yes, Beaver lovers are everywhere :)

yup did all that. no luck.

no changes in mbm, Everest, and SG.....

Looks like a typical "ix" overclock Steve. :D
One day, my friend, one day...

which opty is it?
The 175, but was doing it with the 150 yesterday too. New behavior, just popped up out of the blue a few days ago. Thanks for the link; solved the "problem". But now my superpi times are 3 times slower! LOL!

Thanks again. Hope all is well.

Noticed you are running an Expert and an OCZ 520 Powerstream.

May I ask that you post a screenshot of your dashboard?

Alt+Print Screen, paste into paint, save as JPG, and email or post.

In Fact, anyone with an OCZ 520 Powerstream + NF4 (Expert OR Standard series) would help me.