Crucial Ballistix 2x1GB PC4000 kit gone bad (merged)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame though, when it works its so good, it is the best on the market but it seems there's alot of bad batches out there. as i said though, if it turns out to be the memory ill RMA it once and if i get another bad batch then ill probly go for the corsair

)These sticks most certainly run cooler than the other pairs I have had. I use active cooling on mine and the other pairs always had one stick that ran much hotter than the other and eventually would fail.

Yes they do run much cooler...I've still got a 92mm fan point blank on the suckers though, not taking any chances here.

just let go, go with something else like corsair of ocz and no more rma's

I'd rather have the best then settle for sub-par/ mediocre...

Yes they do run much cooler...I've still got a 92mm fan point blank on the suckers though, not taking any chances here.

I'd rather have the best then settle for sub-par/ mediocre...

i've had many diffrent set of memory and corsair has never failed me. crucial & gskill to name a few, and corsair has always out performed them all in speed and reliability ,never tried ocz but a why change a good thing go corsair you won't regret it specially the pc 4400 they do 300mhz breezing with the right cpu (amd 3000 venice)

know is that a little better lol!

i've had many diffrent set of memory and corsair has never failed me crucial & gskill to name a few and corsair has always out performed them all in speed and reliability never tried ocz but a why change a good thing go corsair you won't regret it specially the pc 4400 they do 300mhz breezing with the right cpu (amd 3000 venice)

Dude, if you used some punctuation peopel could even figure out whether the Corsair did better or worse than the Crucial and G.Skill :rolleyes:

No offense but my IQ dropped ten points just by reading that post and trying to figure it out ;)

Not that my spellinck is any better...

well, i had to post here after googling "crucial ballistix failure" and finding this thread (even though i don't own a DFI mobo)

i have had my 2x1gb pair for almost 2 months and it finally degraded so much that i couldn't boot into windows at it's rated speed (250) and at any timings or vdimm. it was great up until now though.

i spoke with someone in the RMA dept who denied knowing about the problem with the ballistix modules. i told him it was all over the forums. he then said it was "only a couple guys who don't like to use our ram posting all the negative comments". i even told him the newegg customer reviews are heavily slanted into the negative with complaints. he didn't want to hear any of it though.

the good thing is, they're replacing my pair with hopefully a good set. who knows.

here's the batch number of the BAD stuff:

CL1115N.J3 and these are from newegg

edit: since my sig isn't showing up yet here's my hardware if anyone's interested.

4400+ x2 @ 2.5ghz

thermalright SI-120

asus a8n-sli premium

2x1gb ballistix pc4000

2x 74gb raptors (raid-0)

6600gt

enermax TPII 550w

My Ballistix 2 x 1g is doing just fine right now, did not have any issues with my SLI-DR. I am currently running prime with my Opty 165 clocked at 307 x 9 , 180/ with the Ballistix at 276, 2.8 at 3 4 4 10 on my Expert board. Its only been 3 hrs so I hope it holds up to at least 8 hrs.

well, i had to post here after googling "crucial ballistix failure" and finding this thread (even though i don't own a DFI mobo)

i have had my 2x1gb pair for almost 2 months and it finally degraded so much that i couldn't boot into windows at it's rated speed (250) and at any timings or vdimm. it was great up until now though.

i spoke with someone in the RMA dept who denied knowing about the problem with the ballistix modules. i told him it was all over the forums. he then said it was "only a couple guys who don't like to use our ram posting all the negative comments". i even told him the newegg customer reviews are heavily slanted into the negative with complaints. he didn't want to hear any of it though.

the good thing is, they're replacing my pair with hopefully a good set. who knows.

here's the batch number of the BAD stuff:

CL1115N.J3 and these are from newegg

edit: since my sig isn't showing up yet here's my hardware if anyone's interested.

4400+ x2 @ 2.5ghz

thermalright SI-120

asus a8n-sli premium

2x1gb ballistix pc4000

2x 74gb raptors (raid-0)

6600gt

enermax TPII 550w

Thats exactly what's happened with mine. The same thing. Sometimes it goes past the bios screen but fails directly after by failing to copy windows files over. I ended up summing it down to my CPU and ordered a new 175 opty but im pretty sure its the memory now. Was going get a new proccessor in feb anyway so not a problem, specially as the opty look like there going be taken off the market