Crucial Ballistix 2x1GB PC4000 kit gone bad (merged)

Hi All

My two sets of 3200 Ballistix gave up as well.One set in my mums Epox 8RDA+ and one set in my DFI-SLI-DR.Replacements running ok at 200MHz on 2.53v.Wonder how long they will last.Brought sticks and sticks of Crucial memory.The only ones to have ever died have been Ballistix.

Smiffy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O dear, im STILL!!! waiting for my opty 175 i ordered on 12th december! Said they'd be in in 10 days, its now 19!!! and they still aint got them in stock :(

But im pretty certain my memory is screwed too. Same problem as the rest of you, gradually die till they're no more.

Great shame cause there brillant when they work

But im pretty certain my memory is screwed too. Same problem as the rest of you, gradually die till they're no more.

Great shame cause there brillant when they work

Exactly, they're brilliant when they work. So why do they stop working?

I still think heat is the issue. Heat kills microelectronics, fact. I've had temp probes on mine for a few weeks and know it will head for 55C or more left uncooled. That is not healthy. 92mm fan, 31, 32 degrees under load, better. But some say their replacement kits are running cooler. Can we track this? Are they proving ok?

I suppose for peace of mind, I'll have to buy something else anyway, just in case. Damn.

BTW FP, hi everyone, Happy New Year and all. :cool:

Guest ElAguila

Heat was not an issue in my case. I have active cooling inside a very cooled case kept in a cooled room. The temp probe on the outside of the heatspreader never went above 30C with active cooling.

Heat was not an issue in my case. I have active cooling inside a very cooled case kept in a cooled room. The temp probe on the outside of the heatspreader never went above 30C with active cooling.

If it isn't the heat then what else could it be? Look at what most of the motherboards that people are using. It seems to be trend with that particular motherboard. My case on the inside is running hotter than yours and yet my Crucial Ballistic has been running steadily over 260mhz 1:1 3,3,3,8 1T for nearly 3 months now on my MSI K8N Neo4. My memory batch number 1115 just like most of you people are having problem with.

Badboy damn it stop talking such crap just because it works for you doesnt mean it will

work for every other person on this planet , this problem is on a massive scale the amount

of problems ive read about this ram is incredible.....

If its just a trend, then why is it happening on Seperate brand of motherboard and crucial

are sending new sticks out?

Neil man I took that last line out... tough enough around here as it is. EDIT by RGone...

Guest badboy
Badboy damn it stop talking such crap just because it works for you doesnt mean it will

work for every other person on this planet , this problem is on a massive scale the amount

of problems ive read about this ram is incredible.....

If its just a trend, then why is it happening on Seperate brand of motherboard and crucial

are sending new sticks out?

Neil man I took that last line out... tough enough around here as it is. EDIT by RGone...

Because the problems seem to stuck mostly on 2 motherboard manufactures and that is Abit and DFI. I looked through the MSI motherboard fourms also and I don't even see anyone mention any problems with their memory sticks. Show me a long post on any other motherboard maker besides Abit and DFI that are having a problem with the Crucial Ballistic. I think the problem almost disappeared with Abit AN8 Ultra with a new bios update as I haven't seen any recent posts about it anymore on the Abit fourms for that particular motherboard.

Because the problems seem to stuck mostly on 2 motherboard manufactures and that is Abit and DFI. .

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17487912

now this is getting silly.... i really dont understand this what so ever, ive got standard/value crucial ram running thats 5-6years old, however ive had to replace EVERY ballistix chip ive brought (or receved as a replacement), within a year of getting them and im really starting to get fed up......

First system,

A64 3200

Asus A8V deluxe(VIA)

ASUS <----------

read that its says ASUS... not ABIT nor DFI... ASUS

Just admit it there is NO way to change your mind, defiant to the end

ive proven the fact to you time and time again even to the point of fustration.

so it ends here

oh dear i found another one, have you looked very hard?

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=981479

I'm on my second set that has just gone out.

CL1115N.2R

2X1GB

BL12864Z503.16TD

Asus A8V in a Lian-Li PC60 Plus case.

Want to admit your wrong?

So we have ASUS,ABIT and DFI now wonder if i can find anymore :)

My pair has 1 dead, it is CL1115L.36

Case: Silverstone TJ-05S -- Power Supply: Zippy/Emacs 500w

Motherboard: eVGA NF4-1 SLI

Ooop found another an EVGA

so now we have ABIT,EVGA,DFI,ASUS!