The CM Stacker case and some mods !!

hey guys - heres what a watercooled one looks like:

rad is REALLY easy to mount at bottom: - no modding required at all if you use a rad shroud at the bottom - works quite well bringing cold air into the case from the bottom mesh.

DSC00814.JPG

full product log:

http://www.coolercases.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=259

pure love for the amount of space available inside - but be warned - add watercooling and you will need a crane to move it! :(

ooops - pic is old - i have the crossflow fan - makes allot of difference - even when on low.....

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya the crossflow fan is really hard to see on mine too. that looks cool. but im a neat freak, I couldnt handle all the wires. but it must be nice running super cool.

oh a serious question. would any machine EVER use even 3GB of ram? Is it even possible? I have never come close to maxing out my 1GB, even with 10-15 things open at once. What are the gains for having over 1GB of ram?

Quick q Angry.. you are running two radiators, what size pump is in your system? How do you have your system arranged.. pump>rad>CPU/GPU>res?? Looks interesting. I was thinking of upgrading to a larger radiator for more efficient cooling.

Can the Stacker Cross Flow fan be hooked into a normal fan controller (3 pin connector) to control its speed, or does it need to be connected to the PCI thingy it came with?

Not many PCI doors available, and I have a fan controller with a spare channel to use... hopefully both are compatible, hehe I just want to avoid burning anything :rolleyes:

Well currently I have 3 fan controlers: Nexus, Hardcano 12 and a Noise Isolator which I can't fit into cases for some weird reason (lol the Noise Isolator seems to be a little longer than what a 5.25" bay can fit). I am going to use 2 of these in my system, and I happen to have 1 spare channel just for the Cross Flow fan.

So you can just plug it to the PSU with an adapter... for a second I thought it was not like a regular fan; well it isn't at all. Controling it from the front of the case would be a lot better, since the back looks to be 100 km away (the case is HUGE!)

This stacker case is like a dream come true (ventilation dream hehe), looks as if I, or you, or Angry Games, or another user designed it... well done Cooler Master.

Quick q Angry.. you are running two radiators, what size pump is in your system? How do you have your system arranged.. pump>rad>CPU/GPU>res?? Looks interesting. I was thinking of upgrading to a larger radiator for more efficient cooling.

ok...see if you can follow this along cuz it still confuses me (i spent 11 days refitting this thing the way it is in the picture above)

loop #1 - TDX copper waterblock to a 2x120mm BlackIce radiator in teh front (3M sticky velcro holding it upright in place, with teh hdd cage sitting right above it giving me 3x120mm fans drawing air in)

2x C-Systems pumps in series (the older ones that weren't so good)

T-line to pump1, pump1 to pump2, pump2 to cpu, cpu to rad, rad to T-line/pump1

loop #2 - big 7800 waterblock, 2x120mm radiator on the bottom (fitted with special lucite adapter made by DangerDen just for stackers and the 2x120mm Black Ice rads), single new C-Systems pump (same internals as the DDC's)

T-line/fillport to pump, pump to gpu-in, gpu-out to rad-in, rad-out to T-line/pump

the Stacker is a big mofo...bit it STILL required a lot of fooling around with to get TWO 2x120mm rads in here lol

ps with the rear 120mm...I still have room for a loop #3 if i could possibly find a reason to have such nonsense lol

Can the Stacker Cross Flow fan be hooked into a normal fan controller (3 pin connector) to control its speed, or does it need to be connected to the PCI thingy it came with?

Not many PCI doors available, and I have a fan controller with a spare channel to use... hopefully both are compatible, hehe I just want to avoid burning anything :rolleyes:

i connect it to my $9.99 Sunbeam (20w per channel!) fan controller

I have 2x120mm for the cpu on a channel

I have 2x120mm for the gpu on a channel

I have Crossflow on a channel

I have 1x120 rear green LED + 2x80mm green LED on the 4th channel

the only fans not on channels are the 120mm hdd cage fan (its a silent CM 120mm), and the top 80mm (its rather quiet also), and the side-pane 80mm (its an old SVC silent 80mm lol...but i had to remove the fan bracket on the inside side panel as so many water tubes...I could not get the pan on with the bracket + 80mm fan sticking out)