The CM Stacker case and some mods !!

what surprises me is, even tho the path of air is slightly obstructed by the cables, it still performs well.

and my case seems neater without the 120mm fan hanging in the middle :rolleyes:

Good point, but with me the chipset hangs between 33º and 35º C with the room temperature as warm as it is on summer... yet, could it be lower with out the cables around? The PWM sensor says the temperature is almost exactly like the chipset, between 34º and 36º C. Maybe the cables could be pushed into the space between mobo and crossflow fan to make them block a less important area... but, is that needed? I guess not :)

Besides the crossflow fan I am using a second 3to4 HDD unit, and on both of them I changed the fan for a TT Smart Fan (at min speed, 1200 rpm). One on the bottom then the other on the 6th 5.25" bay... and more or less this one is moving air into the direction of the chipset and PWM area. Each 3to4 box has two of my 80gb HDD's. So the crossflow fan moves air directly over the chipset/PWM heatsinks, while this smart fan blows air moving it on top of them.

I am using the TT Smart fans not only for aesthetics purposes but also just in case I need the extra speed in the summer. The Hardcano12 controls each, the crossflow fan and another 80mm TT Smart fan on top of the case... the Noise Isolator controls the 120mm Panaflo on the back of the case and the two on the radiator outside, also the two UV and the blue lights.

pc050022light9wn.th.jpg pc050015dark2fu.th.jpg

The temperature read on the Hardcano12 is the sensor I have underneath the chipset heatsink... for some extrange reason it reads more or less the exact same temperature the sensor on the chipset, which is inside...... another proof external sensor all are bogus, but this time its in the right direction :P

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have followed this thread for a while now and you guys have done some really nice things whith your cases and this thread also gave me inspiration to modd my stacker.

I bought my Stacker a couple of month ago and i couldnt be happier, i used to buy and sell my cases evry other month but since i bought the Stacker i havent found another case thath can compete whith it.

My idea for this modd was to get my watercooling to perform better and move radiator, pump and Reservoir out of the case.

My english arenth thath great so i show you pitchure of my work instead of trying to explaining it.

expert_1_-002.jpg

Edit:This pitcure is whith my new Power Supply, Silverstone Strider.

Sorry about the quality.

strider_-017.jpg

I have followed this thread for a while now and you guys have done some really nice things whith your cases and this thread also gave me inspiration to modd my stacker.

I bought my Stacker a couple of month ago and i couldnt be happier, i used to buy and sell my cases evry other month but since i bought the Stacker i havent found another case thath can compete whith it.

My idea for this modd was to get my watercooling to perform better and move radiator, pump and Reservoir out of the case.

My english arenth thath great so i show you pitchure of my work instead of trying to explaining it.

Thats awsome.. !!

You just made my wire management look like chop liver..hehe.. Very clean and neat job you did ..

Do you have any pics of the enclosure on the bottom ? ( like inside )

What is that made of wood ?

Thanks! :)

It is made of MDF (Medium Density Fibreboard), i am not sure how to describe it so i google and found this.

The google answer: -MDF is a type of hardboard, which is made from wood fibres glued under heat and pressure.

I first thought about buying chipboards ( i think its the english name for it) but the guy in the store recomended MDF, its great material to work with.

I havent taken any pitcures of the inside yet i have a couple of things left to do.

I havent painted the the whole inside yet, but i will gladly post the pitchure when i am done.

but i will gladly post the pitchure when i am done.

You better... ;)

Its always cool to see other peoples rigs.. Shows how much imagination people can have and gives others ideas for their own rigs !

edit..

Im almost tempted to change the title of this thread to the Official Stacker modding thread.. lol

I said i liked to wait with the pitcures til i was done but today i was priming and got bored so i decided to take some shots.

Like i said before i have some work left to do like painting the inside and putting a hinge so i can open and close the front.

I also thinking about making a special holder for the waterpump and moving it to the back instead of infront of the radiator.

Also i iam going to put a 120 mm fan on the "doors" in the front and back to exhaust the warm air.

And there is some other changes beside the ones i mention but right now i am having to much fun with my new motherboard DFI-Expert so this will probably not be finished until later somethime.

The box is dressed whith a special carpet/fabric, the material is used on baselements as well(i think it is the english word for it).

expert_1_-002.jpg

Here you can se the front whitout the "door".

dfi-street_-002.jpg

Here is a pitcure of the inside, and like i said it isnt finished so it doesnt look thath great, yet.

dfi-street_-007.jpg

Another pitcure of the inside.

dfi-street_-010.jpg

Here is a pitcure of the stacker door, i installed a window and engraved it.

nya_2.jpg

The quality of the pitcures is´nt thath great, when i get the time i will fix them.

Oft: THunDA, yes it seems like this is getting the official stacker thread hehe.

Thanks! :D

Yes i did but i am not thath good artist so i had to use a pattern thath i taped on the window so its not engraved on free hand.

It took me alot of time and if you look carefully you can se thath not al the lines are straight and some other beauty faults but overall i am satisfied with the result.

The thread is now renamed from "My CM Stacker case and some mods.." to ..

"The CM Stacker case and some mods !!"

Since all you guys hijacked my thread I figured it should be changed..lol.. jk

Seriously, its nice to see all the different ideas you all came up with.. !!

Dude, you and your external water cooling compartment has inspired me! I was trying to figure out how to get my WC rig/case/and desk to all work out a little better, and you have shown me the way! I will post pics later this month when I am done building mine :D