NF4 - Some Help Getting Up & Running (Or Faster?)

Hi peeps im a newbie to A64. ive been working on plenty Intel rigs. This is my 1st A64 setup and boy im impressed with this board so far.

ive been following the 1st thread and would just like some more info on timings and voltage.

Rig:

A64 3000 CBBIDxxxxdidntnotexxxxEPEW 1.53v @ 2.6Ghz stock HSF

GEil UltraX HTT288 x 9 DDR voltage 2.9v 2T timings

Copied from CPU-Z

Cas latency 2.5

RAS TO CAS 4

RAS Precharge 4

Cycle time (Tras) 10

Bank cycle time (Trc) 7

Dram idle timer 256

I found having chipset voltage set to 1.8v was making the fAN increase RPM

ive lowered to 1.6v. My CPC is disabled. Bank interleave disabled

Does anyone have a similar setup to check for 1T timings?

So far my rig allows me to bench 3dmark01/03/05 and pcmark04 im sure it would be better to run in 1T.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. oooh also just to confirm DO ALL 4 POWER CONNECTORS HAVE TO BE CONNECTED ON THE MOBO? I HAVE OCZ 520W?

i thought you only need them for SLi. i have connected 24pin and 4pin next to it. Plus floppy and HDD connectors is this OK?

i think the built in memtest feature is great. DFI rockz! manual needs more work.

Its time to say bye to Asus and Abit

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi peeps im a newbie to A64. ive been working on plenty Intel rigs. This is my 1st A64 setup and boy im impressed with this board so far.

ive been following the 1st thread and would just like some more info on timings and voltage.

Rig:

A64 3000 CBBIDxxxxdidntnotexxxxEPEW 1.53v @ 2.6Ghz stock HSF

GEil UltraX HTT288 x 9 DDR voltage 2.9v 2T timings

Copied from CPU-Z

Cas latency 2.5

RAS TO CAS 4

RAS Precharge 4

Cycle time (Tras) 10

Bank cycle time (Trc) 7

Dram idle timer 256

I found having chipset voltage set to 1.8v was making the fAN increase RPM

ive lowered to 1.6v. My CPC is disabled. Bank interleave disabled

Does anyone have a similar setup to check for 1T timings?

So far my rig allows me to bench 3dmark01/03/05 and pcmark04 im sure it would be better to run in 1T.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. oooh also just to confirm DO ALL 4 POWER CONNECTORS HAVE TO BE CONNECTED ON THE MOBO? I HAVE OCZ 520W?

i thought you only need them for SLi. i have connected 24pin and 4pin next to it. Plus floppy and HDD connectors is this OK?

i think the built in memtest feature is great. DFI rockz! manual needs more work.

Its time to say bye to Asus and Abit

please check the rules and the Important Info threads stuck to the top of this section.

If you are looking for help, reading this is the most important first-step for you to take.

this helps us tremendously to help you solve your issue if we can see what is in your system every time you post:

PLEASE SEE THIS LINK!:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...701&postcount=2

Be as thorough as possible please. Voltages, timings, settings, bios version, etc.

The more information you give us about the problem, and the more details about your hardware in your sig = more help we can give you.

Ive managed 290HT 1T TIMING CAS 2.5 4 4 4 10 1:1 3000 winnie CBBID XXXX EPEW multi 9x

Tried UT2004 for a while ran smooth no probs.

Tried the built-in memtest This time WITH USB KEYBOARD + adapter into PS2 port.

Memtest ran without errors. Ran Memtest overnight no errrors

Sisoft Sandra 2005 memory marks rocketed!!! :angel:

RAM BANDWIDTH INT BUFF'D iSSE2 7563

RAM BANDWIDTH FLOAT BUFF'D iSSE2 7466

SANDRA CPU ARITH + CPU MULTIMEDIA BENCHES BEATING OPTERON 152 2.6GHZ

If thers anything i need to try pls let me know

Now i just wish i bought a 6800GT instead of 6600GT

Kudos DFI Kudos DFI :PDelivering Fast I.T

• 5 weeks later...

just a quick dump question. I just got to know there are two power connecters on sli-dr, one fdd and another hdd type.. are those supplying power from mobo or we have to supply the power to mobo to ensure more stability ? if so, should i just simply need to connect both fdd and hdd type power to the mobo ?

i am currently running with only 20 pin + 4 pin to the board.. running fine tho... any idea ?

See the stickies at the top of the forum regarding power supply recommendations.

Ignore it at your peril!

just a quick dump question. I just got to know there are two power connecters on sli-dr, one fdd and another hdd type.. are those supplying power from mobo or we have to supply the power to mobo to ensure more stability ? if so, should i just simply need to connect both fdd and hdd type power to the mobo ?

i am currently running with only 20 pin + 4 pin to the board.. running fine tho... any idea ?

PSU Requirements:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...75&postcount=13

Question:

Why chipset fan and CPU fan do no work on this motherboard?

Answer:

If you use some high performance memories, the loading will be increased automatically. Power delivery might be insufficient, chipset fan and CPU fan might not work. For stability and safety, an external power delivery is required at this time; please connect the 5V/12V power connector on-board (4-pin molex + 4-pin floppy connector). Power delivery will be sufficient. Further more, to ensure sufficient power could be provided; we highly recommend using a minimum 480 Watt power supply unit.

it seems like you have to connect those two fdd/hdd type power connector to the board only when the power delivery is not sufficient... or it's always best to connect them at all times ?