NF4 - Some Help Getting Up & Running (Or Faster?)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure AustinGamer is asking for a bios "with instructions"on how to flash it.

@AustinGamer - DO NOT FLASH to that 6-19-04 as it is NOT for your board!

If you are not familiar with the various methods of flashing the bios, please ask or use the search function.

RGone,

Would you recommend these settings for users who don't have TCCD-based memory? I've read through all 9 pages in this thread, but I haven't seen that mentioned yet. I've got 2 512 MB sticks of Corsair XMS PC3200 and a new Lanparty SLI-DR waiting for installation. Thanks for any tips or help...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Rgone, have the same question as Vppreacher, should i use the first page settings as a base for my starting OC with my setup in my Sig? My memory as long as im correct, is "Winbound UTT BH-5" Been running on stock setting for about 2 months now, think i might go ahead and try my hand at OC, and this guide looks great, but before i proceed would like conformation of the above question. TYVM in advance.

PS: IF those settings are not ideal for my setup could u maybe point out the changes that would be necessary to start from.

This is the 10th month and this thread was started in the 2nd month. I am not going all the way back to square one to hash over old news as it were.

Go to the forum section called "overclocking data base". The BEST resource in any forum anywhere on the internet for information related to possible configurations and timings. Specific boards>memory>power supply>voltages>Dram Configurations are all there. No other motherboard of any brand has such resource available. NONE. Use the OCDB resource to see if that memory is in there and you will find a fully fleshed out description that is light years ahead of any 8 month old forum thread and will not have to ask anything hardly after the users entire setup is shown including his timings. Awesome and should be the benchmark of WHAT TO BUY that has the best chance of working for any prospective DFI NF4 user.

And in that section or in threads in that section you can 'use' the search button to narrow down the configuration of memory you wish to see if listed or used and reported. Nice way to do business.

RGone...